2024/25 Sean Dyche

You've just quoted my post there in which I said;

Do I like us having to have Sean Dyche as manager? No.

Do I like having to endure and watch this Everton team? No.

But sometimes in life, you have to take your medicine.

I’m well aware of what you said .

The fans have had to take their medicine for a long time , some more than others, for daring to question and criticise the very people who got us here in the first place.

It was easy to predict the 11 he was going with though mate.

I did it, as did others.

I know but only from a selection point of view and even that’s after the norm has been reset over pre-season. There was countless arguments with people in the Iroegbunam thread when he first arrived about whether he’d play at all for the first team. He has a good pre-season though and everyone’s now an oracle for predicting he’d start?

The selection was very predictable though, I agree, and I would have liked I have seen Ndiaye OBrien or Lindstrom play. The tactics however were not predictable so I’m not sure why people are saying we played the same way we always do. If we had we’d have probably drawn at worst. Last season’s Everton in a low block isn’t being destroyed on transition.

Almost everyone on here was saying over the summer we need to see an evolution in the playing style. What we saw on Saturday was horribly executed but for me it’s just further proof that players like Keane Gueye Doucoure and DCL right down the spine can’t play possession based football. We tried similar last season until Dyche reverted us back to low block counter pressing and results came from that.

For me it will be interesting to see whether does he stick with this approach and integrate Branthwaite O’Brien Ndiaye Lindstrom, or do we go back to low block, counter attacks for Doucoure and DCL to chase.

I know but only from a selection point of view and even that’s after the norm has been reset over pre-season. There was countless arguments with people in the Iroegbunam thread when he first arrived about whether he’d play at all for the first team. He has a good pre-season though and everyone’s now an oracle for predicting he’d start?

The selection was very predictable though, I agree, and I would have liked I have seen Ndiaye OBrien or Lindstrom play. The tactics however were not predictable so I’m not sure why people are saying we played the same way we always do. If we had we’d have probably drawn at worst. Last season’s Everton in a low block isn’t being destroyed on transition.

Almost everyone on here was saying over the summer we need to see an evolution in the playing style. What we saw on Saturday was horribly executed but for me it’s just further proof that players like Keane Gueye Doucoure and DCL right down the spine can’t play possession based football. We tried similar last season until Dyche reverted us back to low block counter pressing and results came from that.

For me it will be interesting to see whether does he stick with this approach and integrate Branthwaite O’Brien Ndiaye Lindstrom, or do we go back to low block, counter attacks for Doucoure and DCL to chase.

Dyche has always loved that diagonal ball, we saw it from Tarkowski some last season. Keane was on it yesterday in regards to those passes.

I also agree, I don't think the middle of the pitch is that wide open last season on the first goal. I'm not sure if that's by design or poor positioning. And we definitely would not have seen Gana split the two centerbacks and receive the ball. For good reason, the evidence says.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back