2024/25 Sean Dyche

Michael Ball’s opinion on Saturday, apologies if already posted

IMG_0822.jpeg

we won’t sink but we will be continuously in this dog fight if things don’t change quickly
I think it's something absurd like 80% of teams that spend 5 years in the bottom 3rd go down shortly after. Think about what you're missing out on. The prize money, players that definitely improve the team not coming because no Europe, your best players want to leave FOR Europe etc.

Not just that but your target players are often players either around the same level or from teams that GOT relegated. It's not like we're gazumping Chelsea for Joao Felix.

I think we’re stuck with him until new owners come in and realise he’s not the long term answer.

Dyche has some huge blind spots. The obsession with Keane, Ashley Cole and doucoure.

The lack of a right back or any form of a decent goal scorer is so obvious yet him and the Conk seem to either not think it’s an issue or haven’t got round to sorting it.

Said on commentary against Brighton we scored 15 less goals than the next lowest team last season.

Stevie wonder can see the need for a goal scorer. Surely the guy at Blackburn who went for 10m and scored 27 was worth looking at?

I think it's something absurd like 80% of teams that spend 5 years in the bottom 3rd go down shortly after. Think about what you're missing out on. The prize money, players that definitely improve the team not coming because no Europe, your best players want to leave FOR Europe etc.

Not just that but your target players are often players either around the same level or from teams that GOT relegated. It's not like we're gazumping Chelsea for Joao Felix.
i’m not disagreeing mate and eventually the inevitable will happen but hopefully this season we stay up and move into new stadium with new owner and new manager and able to spend a lot more and move forward. i think kev big nose will do alright i just think we need a manager of the elk of carlo who is able to play decent football but also do the dirty side of it and still make results. like moyes did without money but someone who could do that with money and grind out results and get us closer and closer and at least deliver europe regularly and still improve that hasn’t happened with moshiri for one reason or another but competent owners will make it happen it’s just making sure as fans we can get onboard with it

i’m not disagreeing mate and eventually the inevitable will happen but hopefully this season we stay up and move into new stadium with new owner and new manager and able to spend a lot more and move forward. i think kev big nose will do alright i just think we need a manager of the elk of carlo who is able to play decent football but also do the dirty side of it and still make results. like moyes did without money but someone who could do that with money and grind out results and get us closer and closer and at least deliver europe regularly and still improve that hasn’t happened with moshiri for one reason or another but competent owners will make it happen it’s just making sure as fans we can get onboard with it
Not trying to get into it with...well, anyone really, but we played terrible football under Carlo as well. We need to find someone like McKenna BEFORE they make that move. I still am absolutely gobsmacked that the club decided that Rafael fn Benitez was a good call to be our gaffer. Just....unfnreal.

elk.jpeg

Not trying to get into it with...well, anyone really, but we played terrible football under Carlo as well. We need to find someone like McKenna BEFORE they make that move. I still am absolutely gobsmacked that the club decided that Rafael fn Benitez was a good call to be our gaffer. Just....unfnreal.
agreed that’s when i felt i knew the problems we suffer today was at the most obvious and that fans meant nothing to the likes of moshiri etc

It must be soul-destroying for the u23s when they're putting in good performances and still know that Dyche has tainted them all with the "not good enough" brush, despite knowing full well that they would be getting chances at other clubs if their senior counterparts were performing consistently so badly.

Holgate - absolutely no excuse at all to be selecting him in any position.

Keane - we've just signed a £15m centre back that was amongst Lyon's players of the season last year. No reason at all to select him over O'Brien.

Harrison & McNeil are both pathetic and don't deserve to be starting games, yet we know at least one of them will due to having no backup. We're brought in Lindstrom, so one of these crabs must be dropped.

Young - same as Holgate, no excuse to be playing him. He's let the side down more than any other player over the past 12 months despite having Dyche's much-heralded decades of Premier League experience.

The manager has caused all of this angst amongst the fans.

It must be soul-destroying for the u23s when they're putting in good performances and still know that Dyche has tainted them all with the "not good enough" brush, despite knowing full well that they would be getting chances at other clubs if their senior counterparts were performing consistently so badly.

Holgate - absolutely no excuse at all to be selecting him in any position.

Keane - we've just signed a £15m centre back that was amongst Lyon's players of the season last year. No reason at all to select him over O'Brien.

Harrison & McNeil are both pathetic and don't deserve to be starting games, yet we know at least one of them will due to having no backup. We're brought in Lindstrom, so one of these crabs must be dropped.

Young - same as Holgate, no excuse to be playing him. He's let the side down more than any other player over the past 12 months despite having Dyche's much-heralded decades of Premier League experience.

The manager has caused all of this angst amongst the fans.

Which of them do you think should be getting PL mins at the moment?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back