2024/25 Sean Dyche

I would like to approach every game fearless like we are going to win it no matter who the opponent and no matter whether we go behind. Starting a game with has been's that have been letting you down for years when you have options of younger 'raring to go' lads and then bringing on wasters like Holgate when you are 2 - 0 down could not be any further away from trying to win a game. It is negative unambitious relegation fighting crap and that is why we are in a permanent relegation scrap. It what we are set up to do.

We are in a worse position financially than Burnley no matter how much of a bigger club we are. We are relying on cash injections to pay staff wages. Things will get better if we can get to the new ground in the PL
What have the finances got to do with him?. His job is to manager the team. Sick of him picking the same old crap and expecting a different outcome. He’s terrified to try something different whilst trying to stay mid-table, yet the RS are challenging for the league and still playing/giving kids a shot. He’s got nothing to lose trying something a little different. Like I mentioned above, Branthwaite only got his shot last season because Dyche was backed into a corner with Keane.

What have the finances got to do with him?. His job is to manager the team. Sick of him picking the same old crap and expecting a different outcome. He’s terrified to try something different whilst trying to stay mid-table, yet the RS are challenging for the league and still playing/giving kids a shot. He’s got nothing to lose trying something a little different. Like I mentioned above, Branthwaite only got his shot last season because Dyche was backed into a corner with Keane.
Branthwaite was injured at the start of last season mate. This has been argued many a time.

Well that's exactly why I asked it mate. Do you want us to do better in August or dip in the season? Should we have gotten more than 48 pts last season given our predicament? Should Dyche be pushing for Europe?
Mate, that's a glib answer, and you're talking about semantics: I would rather us try to accrue points throughout the season, and not have a dip.

There's no guarantee that we're going to pick up points in any part of the season, so logically we should be wanting to get them from the offset to build momentum.

To put it simply, Saturday was disappointing. We have chances early on, didn't take them, and then we capitulated - be it in August or February, it ain't good.

To be fair, I'm personally not in favour of the walk out, especially at the start of the season, and I can appreciate why Dyche may have been disappointed.

But equally, I'm not going to be overly critical of fellow fans who've paid money. It's like the good old chicken and egg scenario...

Should fans stay to the end, emotionless, even when the 2nd half was as dire as I've seen in a while? If that's what we're doing in August, well it is a worry.

Yes, we have a job to support the players and the club, perhaps through thick and thin, yet equally the manager and his players have a responsibility too.

It ain't all about entertainment - football is different from many sports in that way - so when the horrendous lack of effort emerged, the frustration is fair.

What has bothered me the most are Dyche's comments over it, because he has (deliberately or not) caused a division after one game; he's alienated fans.

His job is to be the middleman between the players and the fan base, and his post-match comments were not showing of that responsibility.

I can begrudgingly accept defeat - it is what it is - but I cannot accept that in our first home game of the season, we're still doing Plan A, and not very well.

So you're just guessing then that we have decent full-backs and wingers in the academy
I'm not guessing in saying all of our first team right backs and wingers wouldn't shine in the u23s. So we know that for sure, we don't know if the current u23s would be better - so surely you've got to give it a go to find out?

I'm not guessing in saying all of our first team right backs and wingers wouldn't shine in the u23s. So we know that for sure, we don't know if the current u23s would be better - so surely you've got to give it a go?

You can only give it a go if you know there are wingers and full-backs in the academy you think would do better than Young, McNeil, Harrison etc. is what I'm asking you.

Or we could get a Manager in who's ambition for a season is more intelligent and has more ambition than just trying to stay in the league. Relegation battles are part and parcel with this fella, it is all he knows.

Relegation battles are part and parcel of being one of the worst ran clubs in the country too.

Once thats fixed, the other can be.

You can only give it a go if you know there are wingers and full-backs in the academy you think would do better than Young, McNeil, Harrison etc. is what I'm asking you.
How could they be worse! Especially at right back. Especially in an emergency situation, if now isn't the right time to at least try one of the young lads then there will never be a right time.

Putting the 5th choice centre half at right back instead of trying a natural but untried right back would be bonkers, especially since said senior player caused the house to be booed down last weekend.

How could they be worse! Especially at right back. Especially in an emergency situation, if now isn't the right time to at least try one of the young lads then there will never be a right time.

Putting the 5th choice centre half at right back instead of trying a natural but untried right back would be bonkers, especially since said senior player nurse caused the house to be booed down last weekend.

Because they could be just genuinely worse at football... what kinda question even is that?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back