2024/25 Sean Dyche

How could they be worse! Especially at right back. Especially in an emergency situation, if now isn't the right time to at least try one of the young lads then there will never be a right time.

Putting the 5th choice centre half at right back instead of trying a natural but untried right back would be bonkers, especially since said senior player caused the house to be booed down last weekend.
They could definitely be worse. One thing I will say is Dyche had a free hit last week and shouldve used it. Should have just gone with all the new players and if they lost he could've just said it'd take time to bed them in. Shouldve treated it as a pre season really

No he wasn’t. He was on the bench. I remember him telling the media he was excited and ready to go. I even had him in my fantasy and he deffo wasn’t injured haha.
He was on the bench for both home games, he was even sent out to warm against Fulham

The only reason he got in the squad is because Dyche’s second attempt to shoe horn Michael Keane into the side backfired yet again

But some on here try and argue he was injured hence why he didn’t start. Next year people will argue that Jake O’Brien was injured and that’s why Keane started and Holgate came on

His stubbornness and arrogance is his worst trait by far. He’s not a very good manager, but fans have much less patience with him when he comes out with snarky remarks and refuses to shoulder any semblance of responsibility for anything. He’s not a very likeable character at all and I can see why lots of players don’t like him and why there were rumours of Burnley players disliking him. The problem is, he needs to realise quickly that he won’t in in this weird battle against our fans that he’s created with his sheer pigheaded arrogance.

Must have imagined when he took on a job that Bielsa had knocked back, with one of the worst squads in the league, already amongst the favourites for relegation, behind Leeds and Leicester (both with better squads and fixture lists remaining). 18 games against the odds with the downside being if you get it wrong the financial future of the club and new stadium is probably oblivion and you’ll go down in infamy as the manager that relegated Everton and sent them into administration.

Must have imagined when having kept us up, we sold a player he wanted to keep in Iwobi and waited until the last days of the window to get two strikers we paid nothing upfront for, he then had to carry on whilst receiving two points deductions for spending that didn’t occur under him that hung over the squad for most of the season.

Not taking responsibility would have been either not taking the job in the first place, or bailing out the second it got difficult at any point. Yo’ve got a premier league team to moan about 24 hours a day 365 days a year because Sean Dyche took responsibility.

Find me a top flight football manager who doesn’t have an ego, isn’t stubborn, and isn’t a bit arrogant. There isn’t a battle against any fans apart from the one trying to be invented on social media.

Whatever happens in the future, if we get taken over and end up in the new stadium a PL club with any hope of success in the future, it will be because of the job he did in the last 18 months. He deserves a shred of respect for that.

It was purely Dyche picking his favourites again mate. And the only reason we have a 70mil beast on our hands now was because Keane started being Keane and Dyche was backed into a corner.
But he did drop Keane. If he was his favourite he would've just started him again over Branthwaite, he obviously recognizes he is better

Because they could be just genuinely worse at football... what kinda question even is that?
They could be, but to be worse than Ashley Young you'd literally need to boot the ball into your own net, laugh about it, then kick your winger in the face and get yourself sent off, plus be unable to run after 5 minutes. Some of these lads (Dixon) perform for the u23s, so it's not natural to assume they'll forget how to play football if given a chance in the first team. Give him a game, if he's crap it's no drop off from who played there before him.

He was on the bench for both home games, he was even sent out to warm against Fulham

The only reason he got in the squad is because Dyche’s second attempt to shoe horn Michael Keane into the side backfired yet again

But some on here try and argue he was injured hence why he didn’t start. Next year people will argue that Jake O’Brien was injured and that’s why Keane started and Holgate came on

Hahaha yeah 100%

Michael Keane walks into the Irish team mate. Looking forward to seeing Jake O Brien in action like

They could be, but to be worse than Ashley Young you'd literally need to boot the ball into your own net, laugh about it, then kick your winger in the face and get yourself sent off, plus be unable to run after 5 minutes. Some of these lads (Dixon) perform for the u23s, so it's not natural to assume they'll forget how to play football if given a chance in the first team. Give him a game, if he's crap it's no drop off from who played there before him.

If you put Young into the U23s he’d look out of his depth.

I'm not arguing against using youth players btw, I just know a lot of people shout to use them despite never actually watching them, which has always confused me, as I wonder where their confidence comes from in them.

Here was the line-up.

Attachments

• IMG_6987.png
    IMG_6987.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
I'm not arguing against using youth players btw, I just know a lot of people shout to use them despite never actually watching them, which has always confused me, as I wonder where their confidence comes from in them.
I know yeah - the confidence comes from a huge lack of confidence in those ahead of them, knowing also (in case of Dixon) that he at least has young legs and, hopefully, an attitude eager to impress if given a chance. Coleman and Young, both had fantastic careers, but both would not start in any other side in the league - they'd be the ultimate emergency options because they should have retired ages ago.

Anyway, it won't happen so here's to Mase marking Son out of the game at the weekend. 😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back