2024/25 Sean Dyche

I’ll await the detailed stats to prove this
1724145371638.png

Conor Coady

All of that is true. He’s picked Patterson about twice, Onana cost £35m so obviously was going to play, and no youth team players have been given significant game time under him. Dobbin and Onyango sitting on a bench absolutely does not do your point any favours.

He started the first four games of the 23/24 season. Thats without even looking any further. He also had 20 PL appearances in a season he spent the majority of the time injured. Do you know how many appearances Keane had that season?

Is that a player that Dyche won’t pick?

Why did he play against Sheff Utd on the 2nd September then, a full week before he had treatment on his groin, which if I’m not mistaken was during the first international break

He needs treatment so is unfit to start against Fulham, Wolves and Villa; however is still sent out to warm up. But he’s then match fit to start a week before he’s due to have surgery

Jarrad Branthwaite has withdrawn from the #YoungLions squad to undergo planned treatment for a minor groin issue sustained in the summer while on international duty. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 He is expected to be fit after the current break. 🔵

That's the club admitting they've had Branthwaite playing, who had a groin issue which required surgery.

That groin issue caused him to miss a few weeks of pre-season, so obviously they've tried to manage him.

Footballers manage injuries all the time. Those 2+ weeks has allowed them to manage his groin in that time.

In my view, they should have just let him have his surgery but as always, we're firefighting and we needed bodies.

"He must have been fit he was on the bench!", well no. Go an listen to what the likes of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison have said about how injured they've been when they've played for us - painkilling injections etc. It's a calculated risk. You shouldn't be doing that with a lad making his first start on the opening of a season.

All of that is true. He’s picked Patterson about twice, Onana cost £35m so obviously was going to play, and no youth team players have been given significant game time under him. Dobbin and Onyango sitting on a bench absolutely does not do your point any favours.
I actually understand it with Patterson. I dont think he's really that good.

He started the first four games of the 23/24 season. Thats without even looking any further. He also had 20 PL appearances in a season he spent the majority of the time injured. Do you know how many appearances Keane had that season?

Is that a player that Dyche won’t pick?

Erm, yeah it is. How many games did he start and how many minutes did he get? Nobody said that he hasn’t started him in one single game ever in his life.

I will be honest , I can't stand Dyche . It's an indication of how much this once great club has fallen that we have him in charge.

However with our financial situation and lack of leadership off the the field he's probably as good as we are going to get if your aim is simply to stay in the division.

But I tell you what I'm pretty sure that the first thing new owner , whenever they take charge , will do is get rid of him as soon as safety is guaranteed.

Quite simply this club will never progress under Dyche.

Until he goes forget about trying to sign young inexperienced players because they just won't get a look in.

And before someone says he played Branthwaite, yes he did - after a full season in the Eredivisie and because he was the only centre half available.

Any sensible manager would give Dixon a go at RB but oh no Sean's just got to play Ashley not so Young and it was so predictable what would happen.

On the conspiracy theory front about Dyche setting up young players to fail , who in their right mind would have played Simms as a lone striker at Anfield?

:lol:

So no matter what Dyche does, you'll blame him.

Doesn't start OBrien = "look, picking favourites!"
Starts OBrien = "he's just proving a point for his own gratification now"

Sounds about right...

It's the same thing with the pile on Keane being blamed for the weekend. He's gash, yes, but far down the list of players who poorly performed that game. But he's the whipping boy.

Ah the ever evasive 'intelligent football' as if none of the past 3 years of relegation battles existed. Let's get an intelligent football coach in that panders to the fans so you can all start saying we don't have the players for the style they want but the managers gets us
Haha
‘Panders to the fans ‘???
You do realise football is a leisure pursuit and is expected to provide entertainment. ?
You seem to want to view it as some sort of medieval torture process ( admittedly watching Everton does resemble such , latterly.)
Much more of this dead eyed dross and the supporters will stop leaving early because they will not be attending in the first instant.
Intelligent football is football that doesn’t plough the same barren furrow throughout a game.
It is football that exhibits some evidence of attack patterns being coached in training.
Most of all it is having a manager able to alter the direction of the game when it is not yielding the required result.
18 months on and Dyche thus far has proved incapable of any of this .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.