2024/25 Sean Dyche

I like how after the conventry game he mentioned he hadn't addressed tactics yet .. how long does it take to be like "so we're just going to spend the majority of the game in the low block and if you want to make some breaks if we get the ball that's sound and if in the rare chance we have possession to pass the ball the to the wings and lob those balls aimlessly"

we actual did have moments where we had chances but it seemed to be very free form and created from invidual players opting to make a move like the times Tim would intercept the ball and make a darting run but no one knew how to react as our attacking was all disjointed

I get your point but personally Id take the same results. 48 points. I'd take that now. I think that's as good as we can hope for - we were fortunate with injuries last season.
We were fortunate with injuries last season, we were also fortunate that there were three absolutely awful teams in then league and Forest, who were only marginally better than them.

I like how after the conventry game he mentioned he hadn't addressed tactics yet .. how long does it take to be like "so we're just going to spend the majority of the game in the low block and if you want to make some breaks if we get the ball that's sound and if in the rare chance we have possession to pass the ball the to the wings and lob those balls aimlessly"

we actual did have moments where we had chances but it seemed to be very free form and created from invidual players opting to make a move like the times Tim would intercept the ball and make a darting run but no one knew how to react as our attacking was all disjointed
I think we all know dyche is not a master tactician but it is weird he threw out that comment. Brighton were learning a new system at the same time and shock horror, were fit too
He's ronseal.
One purpose and it looks like he's doing it but we will likely not enjoy more than a few games this season

I disagree with that "we were lucky 3 terrible teams" shout.

48 points is 48 points. One season that had us 8th.
Yeah not last season though. Points were far easier to come by last season due to the general lack of quality outside the top 6.The big problem is when you have an ethos of firefighting and once you regard not being relegated as being success, we might as well be watching Burnley. He's done what he was asked to do in keeping us in the league, but, the football is dire and his egotistical deflection is to say the least annoying. He is a very similar type to Allardyce, never to blame for anything and a right smartarse
I sincerely hope he keeps us up this season and I hope at the end of his contract he is thanked and bid goodbye.

Yeah not last season though. Points were far easier to come by last season due to the general lack of quality outside the top 6.The big problem is when you have an ethos of firefighting and once you regard not being relegated as being success, we might as well be watching Burnley. He's done what he was asked to do in keeping us in the league, but, the football is dire and his egotistical deflection is to say the least annoying. He is a very similar type to Allardyce, never to blame for anything and a right smartarse
I sincerely hope he keeps us up this season and I hope at the end of his contract he is thanked and bid goodbye.
Exactly like his worshippers on here.. it’s always the players or the ref’s fault.

??

But that's the league, everyone plays eachother twice and last season we earned 48 points.

If we finished on 32 points or something and stayed up then I could get on board with the "we're lucky there was 3 awful teams" but when there was a number of teams between us and relegation - then it's a nonsense, really.

Oh and @roy vernon - this is you at your lowest ever as a fan, the week before Dyche;

Well for now, today is the absolute lowest point, but, if you ask the question a week from now, I feel it may have been userped.

... and this is you when we appointed him;

Well, he's in now, he wouldn't have been my choice, but, I will be 100% behind him unless he proves that he is not up to the job. I think he probably has as much chance of keeping us up this season as anyone we could have brought in, I just have reservations as to where he goes from there.

If he performs the miracle and keeps us up. At least it's only 2•5 years, so, if all goes well he can see us into the new stadium in the premier league and then Moshiri can sell up and ride off into the sunset on Dyche's back. We, meanwhile, can move forward with a less mental owner who runs us like a proper business and a coach who has the ambition and skill set to challenge at the top.

For now though, welcome Sean Dyche, you may be just what we need at this moment in time

He performed that miracle.

He then kept us up the following season, having not spent a penny and with big point deductions as a consequence of that mental owner you referred to.

He's had to operate with a DOF who had the option of 0 upfront transfers and ensure the club made a profit in every transfer window he's been here.

He's 18 months in, not 2.5 years, yet.

"smart arse" "egotistical" "the football is dire"

"we only stayed up because lesser teams..."

Can the guy get no credit at all, no?

If we weren't in the mire, he wouldn't be our manager - as he said himself.

Hopefully he can keep our heads above water until ownership is sorted, and we can kick on but it baffles me how fans hate the bloke.

Oh and @roy vernon - this is you at your lowest ever as a fan, the week before Dyche;

... and this is you when we appointed him;

He performed that miracle.

He then kept us up the following season, having not spent a penny and with big point deductions as a consequence of that mental owner you referred to.

He's had to operate with a DOF who had the option of 0 upfront transfers and ensure the club made a profit in every transfer window he's been here.

He's 18 months in, not 2.5 years, yet.

"smart arse" "egotistical" "the football is dire"

"we only stayed up because lesser teams..."

Can the guy get no credit at all, no?

If we weren't in the mire, he wouldn't be our manager - as he said himself.

Hopefully he can keep our heads above water until ownership is sorted, and we can kick on but it baffles me how fans hate the bloke.
My position has never changed on Dyche, his only virtue is that he can grind out results and, thus far, has kept us up. As soon as there is any stability at the club he has to go. I do give him credit and as you've obviously been looking through my posting history on this thread you are aware of that, I don't call for him to be sacked, as long as he keeps us up, but, at the end of his class contract he has to go, with our thanks.
I will never be satisfied with him as an Everton manager because I've been around too long and his football makes my eyes bleed, however, he does himself no favours with his arrogance, deflection and smartarsery, he is almost as difficult to like as Benitez or Allardyce.
He has, as you rightly say, a year left on his contract and still think, despite what I think of him, he should see that out, but, provided we have new owners, under no circumstances should he get another contract.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back