2024/25 Sean Dyche

10 years experience and he is deploying exactly the same methods and tactics as he did in his first year… he has not changed style, tactics or improved his management skills in any way ..

He is a relegation , backs to the wall ,work hard and stop the opposition manager… and he always will be

This exacerbates our problems becuse if we are skint, we need coach who is capable of improving players and developingour younger players. The state of the club administration means that the only target is to survive in the Prem with no pressure to improve what we have. We also have a so called Director of Footbll, Thelwell, who is seemingly involved in recruitment but not involved in the tactical development for the club or seeking to influence Dyche. If you hold that position, surely the first thing that should be realised is that our football, at first team level is neanderthal and seek to improve on that.

Lads,

I hate to break this to you.

But the players we have are crap.

They were crap before Dyche, and they're still crap.

There's no pace, and a criminal lack of goals/creativity across that final third.

The squad we have dictates pragmatism - a low block, play the margins and get over the line.

We don't like it, but that's the reality. We can blame Michael Keane, and Sean Dyche but it doesn't escape the fact we're turd. Like others, I reckon I could find you both posting that we're definitely down the weeks prior he rocked up. We've not adequately improved the team since.

There's a reason the bookies have us as joint 4th favourite to go down.

There's a reason our form and results have dictated we've been looking at relegation for 3 years. Look at 2022 as a calendar year, and only Southampton earned less points than Everton. Has our squad improved since then?

Only when we sign some ability/pace in the final third would those criticisms carry weight.

As is, we have McNeil, Doucoure and Harrison in the final third, and a striker who wants off. With 0 Premier League assists Mykolenko at left back, and Young at right back - who can blame him?

Until we bring in pace/ability, I expect a manager - as I do in any walk of life - to manage the resources he has. And that, is undoubtedly, trying to make the team hard to beat and nick a goal.

I was fuming with Lampard for style/substance for a long time, and the biggest single criticism I've had of Dyche is how he set us up to go to Chelsea away - we weren't good enough to take the game to them and it showed.

Lads,

There's no pace, and a criminal lack of goals/creativity across that final third.

The squad we have dictates pragmatism - a low block, play the margins and get over the line.

We don't like it, but that's the reality. We can blame Michael Keane, and Sean Dyche but it doesn't escape the fact we're turd. Like others, I reckon I could find you both posting that we're definitely down the weeks prior he rocked up. We've not adequately improved the team since.

There's a reason our form and results have dictated we've been looking at relegation for 3 years.

Only when we sign some ability/pace in the final third would those criticisms carry weight.

As is, we have McNeil, Doucoure and Harrison. With 0 Premier League assists Mykolenko at left back, and Young at right back.

Until we bring in pace/ability, I expect a manager - as I do in any walk of life - to manage the resources he has. And that, is undoubtedly, trying to make the team hard to beat and nick a goal.

I was fuming with Lampard for style/substance for a long time, and the biggest single criticism I've had of Dyche is how he set us up to go to Chelsea away - we weren't good enough to take the game to them and it showed.

Do you think he changes the way he plays if he had better players with pace though? I don't.

He's happy to continue pick his tried and tested team every week regardless of who's available and regardless of whos not performing, we seen it when Keane was playing every week over mina, we seen it with dcl and harrison/mcneil playing every week over beto/chermiti/danjuma.

We seen it Saturday with Keane and doucoure, I'll forgive him for picking young as picking dixon would always be a stretch.

Managers like him don't tend to change their whole philosophy if they have better players, they make better players play the way he wants.

Do you think he changes the way he plays if he had better players with pace though? I don't.

I do actually mate yes.

But then I don't think he'll ever get that chance. Not here anyway.

He's happy to continue pick his tried and tested team every week regardless of who's available and regardless of whos not performing, we seen it when Keane was playing every week over mina, we seen it with dcl and harrison/mcneil playing every week over beto/chermiti/danjuma.

Been debated to death, people are obsessed with him playing Keane over Mina but I understand wanting contuinity at centre half and Mina has legs made of Tofu. Maybe he timed that well and got out of Mina all we could in that run in - he's shown since leaving nothing has changed with him. You can't get more than a handful of games out of him.

Chermiti was 4th choice at Sporting, he was never signed for last season.

The situation the club found itself in dictated less risks. I'd go Calvert-Lewin before Beto every minute of every day - especially when every point could make the difference with staying up or going down. Points deductions over the club meant we never really knew.

We seen it Saturday with Keane and doucoure, I'll forgive him for picking young as picking dixon would always be a stretch.

Managers like him don't tend to change their whole philosophy if they have better players, they make better players play the way he wants.

Lash OBrien in on Saturday for Keane, and we still lose.

You, nor I have seen OBrien play a game either.

The problem we have remains - it's that front three. There's no goals or pace in the team and again, like it has for years now - that dictates we're in a bad place. Look at the difference Minteh and Mitoma made for Brighton. Compare that to what we have. Compare what they have to us;

I do actually mate yes.

But then I don't think he'll ever get that chance. Not here anyway.

Been debated to death, people are obsessed with him playing Keane over Mina but I understand wanting contuinity at centre half and Mina has legs made of Tofu. Maybe he timed that well and got out of Mina all we could in that run in - he's shown since leaving nothing has changed with him. You can't get more than a handful of games out of him.

Chermiti was 4th choice at Sporting, he was never signed for last season.

The situation the club found itself in dictated less risks. I'd go Calvert-Lewin before Beto every minute of every day - especially when every point could make the difference with staying up or going down. Points deductions over the club meant we never really knew.

Lash OBrien in on Saturday for Keane, and we still lose.

You, nor I have seen OBrien play a game either.

The problem we have remains - it's that front three. There's no goals or pace in the team and again, like it has for years now - that dictates we're in a bad place. Look at the difference Minteh and Mitoma made for Brighton. Compare that to what we have. Compare what they have to us;

I think a lot of your points are opinions though.

You think he changes the way he's set teams up for 10 years if he had better players? How does he do that? Does he have the knowledge to set teams up differently? I don't think he has, he'd be completely out of his depth, same way if you asked pep to come here and play dyche ball, he'd be completely lost.

You can talk about mina being made of biscuits, and he was, however he WAS fit when Keane was playing every week until that Brighton game, and despite Keane costing us goal after goal he kept picking him. And ultimately we go down that season if mina didn't come in.

Regarding dcl being picked, he probably is the best striker at the club, however during that run of games last season he should have been taken our of the team, he was playing every week when he wasn't performing.

And saying we would have lost that game of obrien had played over Keane? That's your opinion, I don't think Keane was the sole reason we lost btw, I blame the manager entirely, his selection was terrible and he didn't change the game like their manager did.

And you can keep talking about pace mate, only dyche picked yhe two slowest wingers in the league to stath again, I'm not saying ndiaye and lindstrom are rapid but they couldn't be any worse.

It doesn't matter. We aren't getting better players any time soon.

It doesn't matter. We aren't getting better players any time soon.
No, we won't get a top half squad in short time, but we had some options. Not saying, we would have won, but 8/10 here would have picked O Brien over Keane and start Ndiaye oder Lindström on CAM. Maybe Dixon for Young. Or choose 3 at the back.

He doesn't do himself a favour, with Doucoure, Keane and Young.

?

Everything on here is opinion.

You think he changes the way he's set teams up for 10 years if he had better players? How does he do that? Does he have the knowledge to set teams up differently? I don't think he has, he'd be completely out of his depth, same way if you asked pep to come here and play dyche ball, he'd be completely lost.

Well if I'm Dyche, I setup Everton the same way because I think most of the league are better on the ball, have better players and have pace. So to me, that dictates low block and % football.

Maybe he should set us up like Leeds, or Luton Town.

Go down, but go down on the front foot.

The reality is, we have very limited options because we have very limited footballers.

You mention Pep there. Where did we finish with Ancelotti? With a much better team?

Was it much higher than the 12th we earned last season?

You can talk about mina being made of biscuits, and he was, however he WAS fit when Keane was playing every week until that Brighton game, and despite Keane costing us goal after goal he kept picking him. And ultimately we go down that season if mina didn't come in.

I guarantee you wrote us off that season as relegated.

We didn't go down - thanks to Dyche.

Regarding dcl being picked, he probably is the best striker at the club, however during that run of games last season he should have been taken our of the team, he was playing every week when he wasn't performing.

As I said, the position the club is in has dictated less risks - Calvert-Lewin is the better player, so play him.

That 2-0 win over Liverpool - Beto is never reaching that level of performance.

We've a real lack of depth all over the pitch.

And saying we would have lost that game of obrien had played over Keane? That's your opinion, I don't think Keane was the sole reason we lost btw, I blame the manager entirely, his selection was terrible and he didn't change the game like their manager did.

Again, it's all opinions, mate.

I shared mine on the massive criticism/blaming Keane on the weekend;

Laughing.

Not disputing we're a better team with Branthwaite, but we lost 3-0.

I rate Branthwaite as high as anyone, but can't see him making the difference there.

Minteh absolutely laughed at Mykolenko and found Mitoma who Tarkowski just seemingly couldn't be arsed bothering with.

Pretty much gameover when we go 1-0.

Gana gifts them the 2nd.

Ashley Young gives them a man advantage.

Adingra makes it 3.

Likes of Doucoure had an absolute shocker. Harrison, and McNeil offered nothing at all either.

But yeah, Michael Vincent Keane.

And you can keep talking about pace mate, only dyche picked yhe two slowest wingers in the league to stath again, I'm not saying ndiaye and lindstrom are rapid but they couldn't be any worse.

The thing is...

Neither are actually wingers. Like OBrien, you've also not seen Lindstrom play so let's wait and see. He barely got a kick last season - evidently, he's still needing minutes which is why he was playing yesterday.

Personally I'd have had NDiaye starting behind Calvert-Lewin, and dropped Doucoure deep for Gana but I understand why he thinks he needs Doucoure further up the pitch.

If NDiaye and Lindstrom don't do well, we're going to be in a bad way because the rest of them - McNeil, Harrison, Doucoure - wouldn't get us promoted from the Championship

I don't know why people always argue like this of course its opinion what else could it be.

?

Everything on here is opinion.

Well if I'm Dyche, I setup Everton the same way because I think most of the league are better on the ball, have better players and have pace. So to me, that dictates low block and % football.

Maybe he should set us up like Leeds, or Luton Town.

Go down, but go down on the front foot.

The reality is, we have very limited options because we have very limited footballers.

You mention Pep there. Where did we finish with Ancelotti? With a much better team?

Was it much higher than the 12th we earned last season?

I guarantee you wrote us off that season as relegated.

We didn't go down - thanks to Dyche.

As I said, the position the club is in has dictated less risks - Calvert-Lewin is the better player, so play him.

That 2-0 win over Liverpool - Beto is never reaching that level of performance.

We've a real lack of depth all over the pitch.

Again, it's all opinions, mate.

I shared mine on the massive criticism/blaming Keane on the weekend;

The thing is...

Neither are actually wingers. Like OBrien, you've also not seen Lindstrom play so let's wait and see. He barely got a kick last season - evidently, he's still needing minutes which is why he was playing yesterday.

Personally I'd have had NDiaye starting behind Calvert-Lewin, and dropped Doucoure deep for Gana but I understand why he thinks he needs Doucoure further up the pitch.

If NDiaye and Lindstrom don't do well, we're going to be in a bad way because the rest of them - McNeil, Harrison, Doucoure - wouldn't get us promoted from the Championship

But football doesn't have to be played like Everton and stay up playing boring horrible football or play like luton and go down but be easy on the eye. It can be a balance, like Brentford, Bournemouth, wolves etc.

And yes we finished with 59 points with Ancelotti, 19 more than last season ( 11 befote points deduction ) but we were fighting for Europe all season and only finished 3 points behind I think ( memory serves we got battered by city last game of yhe season ) million miles away from what we are doing now.

And yes dcl has good games every blue moon, but you cannot justify playing a striker who didn't score for about 20 games just incase he has a game like the Derby.

As you say though, our squad is pretty crap and he plays the way he thinks gives us the best chance, however It's not the style of football for me, it's just the basics every week, I don't agree we should be as bad on the ball as what we are, we are incapable of passing the ball 5yards most weeks.

But football doesn't have to be played like Everton and stay up playing boring horrible football or play like luton and go down but be easy on the eye. It can be a balance, like Brentford, Bournemouth, wolves etc.

And yes we finished with 59 points with Ancelotti, 19 more than last season ( 11 befote points deduction ) but we were fighting for Europe all season and only finished 3 points behind I think ( memory serves we got battered by city last game of yhe season ) million miles away from what we are doing now.

And yes dcl has good games every blue moon, but you cannot justify playing a striker who didn't score for about 20 games just incase he has a game like the Derby.

As you say though, our squad is pretty crap and he plays the way he thinks gives us the best chance, however It's not the style of football for me, it's just the basics every week, I don't agree we should be as bad on the ball as what we are, we are incapable of passing the ball 5yards most weeks.

I think he'll be sacked this season so we'll be able to see if another manager can find exciting football and goals from this squad.

Lads,

There's a reason our form and results have dictated we've been looking at relegation for 3 years. Look at 2022 as a calendar year, and only Southampton earned less points than Everton. Has our squad improved since then?

As is, we have McNeil, Doucoure and Harrison in the final third, and a striker who wants off. With 0 Premier League assists Mykolenko at left back, and Young at right back - who can blame him?

great post!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.