2024/25 Sean Dyche

I think he'll be sacked this season so we'll be able to see if another manager can find exciting football and goals from this squad.
I think he will if we get new owners.

I don't expect us to be exciting with this current squad mate, but I do expect us to be able to pass a ball and show even a basic level of attacking play, we can't do either, our whole attacking gameplay is lump it to the striker, and score from corners.
I hope they are, but you seem certain they are.
I've never seen ndiaye play a competitive game in my life and I know 10000000% he's better than doucoure, same for o'brien and Keane.

I think ownership issue will be resolved this season.

And as I've said loads, I think we'll be bang in a relegation scrap and a new owner will change it.

Next up;

Spurs A
Bournemouth H
Aston Villa A
Leicester A

I think this run will set the tone - I think we'll be on <3 points after 5 games.

Think 4 myself but yeah I agree that any new owner will likely change manager when coming in.

Certainly there seems to be plenty of fans who think Dyches job is easy / obvious - I don't see it that way - the squad is what it is.

It would be good to see Ndiaye play though - I don't think Doucoure warrants a starting place on current form and we need more ideas at the front.

If Beto is staying he needs more time on the pitch and tactics that suit him. A motivated DCL is ahead of him but it's difficult to see that at the moment, including boos etc.

O'Brien needs to be ahead of Keane ASAP.

Our right-back situation is interesting - with Garner, Coleman and Patterson fit there are options there - he obvs felt he could get away with Young for a bit.

An injury at left-back is more concerning for the season.

I don't expect us to be exciting with this current squad mate, but I do expect us to be able to pass a ball and show even a basic level of attacking play, we can't do either, our whole attacking gameplay is lump it to the striker, and score from corners.

I've never seen ndiaye play a competitive game in my life and I know 10000000% he's better than doucoure, same for o'brien and Keane.

You say you expect us to pass a ball.

I say most teams are better on the ball than us.

It's like when teams play vs Liverpool and Man City - most let them have the ball just to stay in the game.

Our whole approach is yes, direct an hope for some chaos from Doucoure/a set piece goal. It's grim, but we have no pace on the counter like we relied upon Gray so that's all we have.

I don't think our final third would get us promoted.

McNeil and Harrison can be handy squad players. I like their press and energy, but that's about it. McNeil is capable of some good moments but it's not enough. I just hope NDiaye can come in - as a number 10 and do the business there. As I said before, i don't believe he's a proper winger and the club have just tweeted our new number 10 - both him and Lindstrom prefer to play central.

But you need pace in this league and we have none of it. I'm convinced we have the slowest team in the league - we have no pace, where it matters on the wings - at all.

Aware I keep saying pace like I have tourette's with the word but it kills us.

But football doesn't have to be played like Everton and stay up playing boring horrible football or play like luton and go down but be easy on the eye. It can be a balance, like Brentford, Bournemouth, wolves etc.

And yes we finished with 59 points with Ancelotti, 19 more than last season ( 11 befote points deduction ) but we were fighting for Europe all season and only finished 3 points behind I think ( memory serves we got battered by city last game of yhe season ) million miles away from what we are doing now.

And yes dcl has good games every blue moon, but you cannot justify playing a striker who didn't score for about 20 games just incase he has a game like the Derby.

As you say though, our squad is pretty crap and he plays the way he thinks gives us the best chance, however It's not the style of football for me, it's just the basics every week, I don't agree we should be as bad on the ball as what we are, we are incapable of passing the ball 5yards most weeks.

That was when we had the best manager possibly of all time managing James Rodriguez, Richarlison, Siggurdson, Allan, Iwobi Bernard, Digne, Mina, Gomes, Kean, Walcott.

Its of absolutely no relation to the current reality of the players we have, and in case people aren’t aware, Sean Dyche is not as good as Carlo Ancelotti, barely anyone is.

So if Carlo is finishing 10th with those players, what are you expecting from a lesser manager who doesn’t have any of those players and the club had instead given him McNeil, Harrison, Doucoure, Gueye, Garner, Mykolenko etc.

We can debate managers all day, but aside from Pickford Branthwaite and maybe Garner and DCL (when fit), (new signings excluded) there’s no player that any team in the top 6 would buy for their squad.

The worry is that the ownership saga may not be dealt with soon because of the dire finances, and the issue we have with Moshiri's conditions.

I think either Textor buys us, or TFG comes back in mate in reaction to Textor.

Both are an improvement by miles over where we are at now, the fear with Textor though is as part of the refinancing of stuff we will still possess a lot of debt, to pay that off will he sell the stadium - which is exactly what happened at Lyon (sold it to the long time previous owner of the club so it is in safe hands).

Overall I'd strongly prefer TFG but I'd take Textor even with certain misgivings.

I'm tired of watching Doucoure, I'm with you. But it's not like we have James sitting on the bench. Ndiaye and Lindstrom are castoffs, we're hoping they get their careers back on track. I think it's actually telling that he hooked Doucoure at 60 minutes, even before the red. He easily could have left him on there or hooked PSR Tim and dropped Doucoure into the CM role. Doucoure will have a role to play this season but I'm not sure it will be like last season. We were down 2-0 and he yanked the guy who was the joint top scorer in the league last season.

But again, we're discussing playing a guy who can't dribble, pass or control the ball vs a guy who at 24 has never played in the PL and his Ligue 1 club just offloaded him because he had a poor season. These aren't the guys to take us forward, these are the guys who get us through this season.

Twice we saw PSR Tim and Gana receive the ball splitting the CBs, and both were disastrous. Obviously Tim will get better, but Gana won't. This isn't the squad that reinvents the way we play, regardless of who the manager is.

What I would like to see, and again I think it's coming, is someone in that CAM spot that can control the ball and drive at defenses. I think it makes the other three attackers much more potent. Doucoure pops up with the odd goal and runs a lot, but he kills most of the attacks.

I think either Textor buys us, or TFG comes back in mate in reaction to Textor.

Both are an improvement by miles over where we are at now, the fear with Textor though is as part of the refinancing of stuff we will still possess a lot of debt, to pay that off will he sell the stadium - which is exactly what happened at Lyon (sold it to the long time previous owner of the club so it is in safe hands).

Overall I'd strongly prefer TFG but I'd take Textor even with certain misgivings.
Sadly most things are better than the Mosh limbo.

It's like when teams play vs Liverpool and Man City - most let them have the ball just to stay in the game.

Our whole approach is yes, direct an hope for some chaos from Doucoure/a set piece goal. It's grim, but we have no pace on the counter like we relied upon Gray so that's all we have.

McNeil and Harrison can be handy squad players. I like their press and energy, but that's about it. McNeil is capable of some good moments but it's not enough. I just hope NDiaye can come in - as a number 10 and do the business there. As I said before, i don't believe he's a proper winger and the club have just tweeted our new number 10 - both him and Lindstrom prefer to play central.

But you need pace in this league and we have none of it. I'm convinced we have the slowest team in the league - we have no pace, where it matters on the wings - at all.

case and point was Saturday. We can sit deep and bat away crosses all day but Brighton beat us with blistering pace.

I think ownership issue will be resolved this season.

And as I've said loads, I think we'll be bang in a relegation scrap and a new owner will change it.

Next up;

Spurs A
Bournemouth H
Aston Villa A
Leicester A

I think this run will set the tone - I think we'll be on <3 points after 5 games.

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes 3 at the back for a number of these games.

Harrison - Tarkowski - Holgate - Keane - Myko

Otherwise it'll he'll stick Holgate at right back and watch him get trounced by the likes of Son or Bobby De Cordova-Reid for 70 minutes before changing it up.

case and point was Saturday. We can sit deep and bat away crosses all day but Brighton beat us with blistering pace.
I think they are better on paper than last season. Seems the first year they seem investing rather selling. Righteously as they have so much money still left probably even after Rutter.

They changed the way of playing, something I haven't seen them doing under de Zerbi against us. Think they gave us a good lesson on how to turn individual mistakes into chances and chances into goals. Were pretty efficient.

Keys not wrong at all... all pre season to come up with that performance.

Poor poor manager in PL terms, plays to "not lose" rather than playing "to win".... the guy has always been a loser, never been a winner so I`m not sure how can talk about anything in that respect.

The performances and the positions we find ourselves in the last few seasons are his level, it wont change whilst he is still in charge and any players with any form of attacking flair and pace will continue to be bombed off by this idiot.

I think someone said on here Burnley Mk 2 that's us.

Long story short, whoever manages that squad is going to struggle with the lack of pace and guile, unless some serious money is spent. A new manager isn't going to make players significantly quicker, or suddenly find a bit of guile in players who've barely shown any their entire career. Then without each of those you're back to percentage football.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back