2024/25 Sean Dyche

Ha ha, maybe there’s a palace forum
With fans saying what do you expect from Hodgson the players are crap , he’s doing a good job keeping us in the prem, give him a new deal. Interesting that Textor wanted Glasner for Lyon, obviously that didn’t happen but he obviously had a say in him getting the palace job.

As for De zerbi, he got Brighton 9th and 6th even though the board sold half his team and majority of his best players.
The Brighton job will always be a job to move on to bigger things. Obviously last season things went sour, which was hardly surprising and it was no secret he was leaving. Not sure he’s seen as joke as he’s just got one of the biggest jobs in France at a much bigger club than Brighton.
For me, de Zerbi also has the problem long term that he isn't a tactical very flexible manager. Brilliant Plan A to watch, but failed to adapt many times miserably.

But tbf, Brighton this season is the first time they seem to spent the lots of money they earned over the years and haven't lost players apart from Gross.

I think mid-table is the ceiling for Palace, good job to keep them there more or less over the years. I think Eze and Olise back helped Glasner a lot, they were struggling with that and he needed a few games, they haven't beaten Bournemouth, Luton and Forest in a run of 5 games winless after his start with a win against Burnley. Good from from then only losing to City, but also winning against Man Utd, Villa or Newcastle.

I don't think Marseille is seen as a step up from Brighton these days the premier league is where its at Brighton are signing who they're signing and Marseille are trying to sign Neal Maupay on loan if you think he's gone up in the world I think you're mad. I'm not saying Glasner will do badly I'm just saying its very early days they had a great run of 7 or 8 games thats it for now if he can repeat it this year and get them much higher in the table then good for him but its too early to know if he will thats alls i'm saying.
Ok so there’s not much money in the French league at the moment. But Marseille are a much bigger club than Brighton always have been always will be.

Clearly he has schooled some managers in some games, I’m not going to argue that he hasn’t. His career average of 1.12 points per game suggests that he’s been schooled by many more managers than he has schooled, sadly.
I thinks thats probably right I think schooled is a pejorative though I don't really think he got schooled on saturday in the same way as I don't think he schooled Klopp in the derby sometimes you just win or lose even if you've come up with a legit great plan (which i'm not saying he did on saturday btw).

For me, de Zerbi also has the problem long term that he isn't a tactical very flexible manager. Brilliant Plan A to watch, but failed to adapt many times miserably.

But tbf, Brighton this season is the first time they seem to spent the lots of money they earned over the years and haven't lost players apart from Gross.

I think mid-table is the ceiling for Palace, good job to keep them there more or less over the years. I think Eze and Olise back helped Glasner a lot, they were struggling with that and he needed a few games, they haven't beaten Bournemouth, Luton and Forest in a run of 5 games winless after his start with a win against Burnley. Good from from then only losing to City, but also winning against Man Utd, Villa or Newcastle.
Well his plan A got them to 9th and 6th while having a profit of around 200mil on buying and selling players.

Ok so there’s not much money in the French league at the moment. But Marseille are a much bigger club than Brighton always have been always will be.
They're a big club but its not a career step up that was the point. Ajax are a massive club a hell of a lot bigger than Marseille will ever be but moving from them to Brentford or Fulham who aren't even big clubs in their own postcode would be seen as a move up career wise thats the reality of it De Zerbi was being talked about as the best thing ever and he's ended up basically moving down the career ladder not up it. And they finished 9th the season BEFORE he took over and 11th in his only full season so they ended up lower in the league than they had been when he started by the way.

They're a big club but its not a career step up that was the point. Ajax are a massive club a hell of a lot bigger than Marseille will ever be but moving from them to Brentford or Fulham who aren't even big clubs in their own postcode would be seen as a move up career wise thats the reality of it De Zerbi was being talked about as the best thing ever and he's ended up basically moving down the career ladder not up it. And they finished 9th the season BEFORE he took over and 11th in his only full season so they ended up lower in the league than they had been when he started by the way.
But it maybe a step up in his head. Maybe he does well there and then gets the PSG job. Ndaiye turned down the premier league to sign for Marseille

Well his plan A got them to 9th and 6th while having a profit of around 200mil on buying and selling players.
6th and 11th :), it's fine. They do a good job there, selling. He took over 6 games in with 4-1-1 after Potter left. 9th was still with Potter.

Well that, I know they struggled with injuries and depth last year

21/22 was 9th with Potter, he went Chelsea after 6 games in 22/23 leaving the club in cl spots with 4-1-1. They got respectable 6th with 62 points.
23/24 48 points gained, finishing 11th, better to Everton due to goal difference.

They had injuries, but had 18 points in 19 games in the 2nd half, only worsened by the bottom 3.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.