2024/25 Sean Dyche

People said the same about Kompany too mate.

He spent more in 1 summer than Dyche spent in 7 or 8 seasons there. How did that go?

Dyche's achievement at Burnley in the Championship will surpass anything Kompany, or Parker can achieve. Especially the first promotion. And in years from now - you ask Burnley fans to name their favourite manager and it wont be Kompany or Parker.
I heard a lot of Burnley fans complaining about dyche and wanting change. Imagine watching what we’ve watched for 18 months for 10yrs kill me now.

They have gone a whole different way, because it looks like they’ve realised playing dog and duck football gets you relegated eventually anyway. They’ve started to buy young players and get managers who want to play better football. Maybe the Burnley owner and dof have looked at Brighton and Bournemouth, Brentford and seen what’s possible. Instead of this let’s just survive in the prem Every season.

It could take 5 years to get better with a lot of buying and selling. But there’s no long term plan apart from survival, when you have Sean dyche in charge.

I heard a lot of Burnley fans complaining about dyche and wanting change. Imagine watching what we’ve watched for 18 months for 10yrs kill me now.

They have gone a whole different way, because it looks like they’ve realised playing dog and duck football gets you relegated eventually anyway. They’ve started to buy young players and get managers who want to play better football. Maybe the Burnley owner and dof have looked at Brighton and Bournemouth, Brentford and seen what’s possible. Instead of this let’s just survive in the prem Every season.

It could take 5 years to get better with a lot of buying and selling. But there’s no long term plan apart from survival, when you have Sean dyche in charge.

Everton getting relegated mate with Bramley Moore being built would have seen us become Leeds or Sunderland. Leeds, who have spent as long in League One the past few decades as the Prem. And Sunderland? Well....

We'd have been a big team with massive expectation down there and we'd have gone to pot.

We wouldn't have bounced back like the yo-yo clubs can. Burnley factor in relegation when they come up.

Everton getting relegated mate with Bramley Moore being built would have seen us become Leeds or Sunderland. Leeds, who have spent as long in League One the past few decades as the Prem. And Sunderland? Well....

We'd have been a big team with massive expectation down there and we'd have gone to pot.

We wouldn't have bounced back like the yo-yo clubs can. Burnley factor in relegation when they come up.
We would have needed a huge sell off, and couldn't probably have a team aiming for promotion due to the financial situation.

Burnley went into championship with a net asset of over 100m.

We would have needed a huge sell off, and couldn't probably have a team aiming for promotion due to the financial situation.

Burnley went into championship with a net asset of over 100m.

And with Bramley Moore and loss of rev - we couldn't have invested.

Suspect we'd also have had a points deduction deferred until we come back up.

That’s utter nonsense
This we’d do a Sunderland of Leeds. We’d have been available for a song if we did and it’s would be the buy of the century

Anyway Newcastle went down straight back up, Burnley pissed it under Kompany
Leicester and Southampton lost some of their best players and come straight back up. Villa down for 3 years, come back up 4 years later champions league.

That’s utter nonsense
This we’d do a Sunderland of Leeds. We’d have been available for a song if we did and it’s would be the buy of the century

Leicester and Southampton lost some of their best players and come straight back up. Villa down for 3 years, come back up 4 years later champions league.

We've close to a billion in debt mate. That doesn't disappear in the championship.

Leicester and Southampton are built for yo-yoing.

Villa sold a player for £100mill and rebuilt.

That’s utter nonsense

So you compare to Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford.

I compare our situation as closer to Leeds and Sunderland.

Yet my opinion is "utter nonsense".

You say "But there’s no long term plan apart from survival" - that's the reality of where we've been and that's the right plan.

We can evolve from that once we're at Bramley Moore, and with the ownership issue resolved.

Relegation, particularly the two/three previous seasons would have decimated the club.

That’s utter nonsense

Ehh...we'd likely be in Administration, more points deducted. Our squad would be decimated, forget the guys we'd have to sell, we have a ton that have expiring contracts as well. Being in the Championship is literally the worst thing for this club at the moment.

So you compare to Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford.

I compare our situation as closer to Leeds and Sunderland.

Yet my opinion is "utter nonsense".

You say "But there’s no long term plan apart from survival" - that's the reality of where we've been and that's the right plan.

We can evolve from that once we're at Bramley Moore, and with the ownership issue resolved.

Relegation, particularly the two/three previous seasons would have decimated the club.

I was at a point in the last 2 seasons were I genuinely felt 'I'll take getting relegated next season if we get one more Premier League season.'

This was because of the stadium. If we'd have gone down in that Lampard/Dyche season it would have been disastrous. Once we started that build, it had to be finished at all costs, and I only viewed every year of survival, as another year closer to the stadium being completed.

Oh, and a question back @PhilM

On this point;

From every Everton Premier League Manager - create a table of who you think, from all our managers, all considered, did the best with what they had. Where's Dyche?
It's a good question, and I think Moyes would be first, and then possibly Royle - he won us a cup. I think Allardyce would be up there, too, based on finishing 8th.

Don't get me wrong, Dyche has many pros to the argument. Would Martinez's first season get him above? I think so, with a decent win % too.

Silva is a difficult one as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dyche is a terrible manager or whatnot, or hasn't done what's required because he has...

... I just think, perhaps somewhat illogically, I find is inflexibility difficult to accept and warm to, so maybe that does cloud judgements to some extent.

What we've got may be limited, yet I can't help think he's far from fully utilising its strengths, and not because of a lack of ability - more a stubbornness.

He doesn't come across as a person who demonstrate humility or can be magnanimous, and if he could then I truly believe there's more to give.

That’s utter nonsense

Newcastle are owned by the Saudi's with an estimated worth of £300 billion is it? Whilst Villa's are worth ~£10 billion, plus they've sold Grealish for £100 million and reinvested it pretty well whilst obtaining a world class manager.

Everton's ownership situation... Pfffahahaha.
Everton's financial situation... Pfffahahaha.

The similarity we have with those 2 clubs is how close we are to a PSR breach, the big difference of course being that Villa & Newcastle both have a few players worth £50-60m that can be sold to comply with PSR without completely ruining their chances of sustaining European football. If Everton were sell either Pickford or Branthwaite we'd be heading straight to the Championship next season.

Just watched his pre match presser, God I hate him the same way I have hated fat Sam and the Spanish waiter, he talks absolute garbage, already getting his excuses in for sat 'we are down to 14 players' that's because you do these stupid Gaffa days and no one actually notices any difference, as Brighton were the stronger team on sat in the last 30 mins, I think we only touched the ball about 10 times, kick and rush football will get you so far against your Salfords, Sligos and your Coventrys oh wait maybe not even them

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back