2024/25 Sean Dyche

Excellent post and I'm not here to argue with it.

Very average manager is what you get after decades of very average management, or mismanagement by the board.

Peanuts, monkeys.

What we've got is a very good manager in that bracket of average managers. 4th best defence last season yet we finished absolutely nowhere because the rest of the team was terrible.

He did a job, he'll do a job next season too. We had Moyes for 11 years just doing a job. One day we'll be up that top bracket again and we can get a top manager and good football. For now it's about getting that job done.
Agree with some of your points mate, we find ourselves in this position in having him as our manager because of years of mismanagement, Will not disagree with that at all, and i admire some aspects of the job he has done, he did well with the defence last season, so fair play to him, though prior to having branthwaite it was actually pretty poor, and his insistence on playing Michael Keane nearly destroyed us in it's self, but with Branthwaite, he seemed to learn eventually so fair play.

On the counter to that, we had the 2nd worst attack in the whole league, is all of that his fault? No, but his refusal to change personnel or try something different, is his fault.

I also think he has managed us in difficult circumstances, it would be unfair to say otherwise and i credit him for putting up with that, what i will not accept is that he was the only manager to be able to keep us up in those circumstances, he in fact, most definitely isn't and i think its a narrow minded view (one that you may not share) to say otherwise, people so easily forget he was a doucoure goal out of no where, away from getting us relegated, and that would have ben all he is known for.

Disagree also with your view that he's a very good manager within the range of average managers, he isn't, for me. He is just a bang average manager with limited ability to change, and turgid football.

To compare him to Moyes, i feel is slightly insulting to Moyes, moyes could, did and would change how we played, I'm not a huge lover of Moyes, and he did indeed do a job, but it was far better than what Dyche did, in terms of football.

For me Dyches' job was to get us to safety until BMD, if he does that, then thank you, but that's where his job ends, and we move on to try and improve, the longer you keep someone like Dyche, is the longer you cement yourself into that 'safe' but bottom 5 type team.

Respect your opinion mate!

I suppose it’s just me and I think it’s so small minded to constantly go on about it, Joe Thomas at the echo can’t stop going on about it. Because this year apparently we’ve had 2 gaffers days.

We’re so tin pot now and even our own journalists lap it up as do the fans. Maybe as a 53 yr old who’s seen the good times, I just find embarrassing. I just the hope this new ground and owners with ambition can get us back to where I think we should be.
Anyway off to enjoy the sunshine and hopefully a good weekend for the blues
UTFT 💙

And thats it mate, its the journos that keep dringing it up....you can tell the manager is sick of it, he says so.

Our own journos and even fans helpw puch the narrative that keeps us small and limited.

Sad, but its where we currently are.

We need a complete re-set from bottom to top with attitude and how the world views us.

Will take time, but look at City now, and Chelsea...its even started with Newcastle.

Too many have an anti Dyche agenda because they want some free flowing foreign manager, thinking we have the money and the players to support it

For where we are now with the resources available, Dyche is perfect for us. Hopefully as the finances improve he can widen his style as well to embrace better players but for now, I want stability and get us into the new stadium still a premier league team

I don't agree that he's a relegation level manager, he did miracles getting Burnley into Europe and he should have so much credit with us with how he handled all the of field challenges last season and kept the team going through some bad patches, so even with the points deductions, we were safe weeks before the end of the season

Villa’s was a better squad , but he took it from the bottom 6 to top 6 in 2/3rd of a season
So you think Emery wouldn’t do a better. Job at Everton than dyche
Yeah he took a decent squad from where it should never have been to somewhere more like where it shouldve been which shows how bad Gerrard had them performing because hes a terrible manager. Would Emery do a better job here than Dyche with the squad weve got? Whats a better job? I think hed have us in a similar position. Dunno where this idea comes from that if we get a big name manager our fortunes would suddenly magically transform. Our squad is average and until we are allowed and have the money to overhaul it i dont think any manager is going to have us playing champagne football or competing for Europe. For me Dyche has done what has been required and doesnt deserve half the stick he gets on here. Then again there are a lot of posters on here who revel in all that is negative about Everton so its only to be expected.

Too many have an anti Dyche agenda because they want some free flowing foreign manager, thinking we have the money and the players to support it

For where we are now with the resources available, Dyche is perfect for us. Hopefully as the finances improve he can widen his style as well to embrace better players but for now, I want stability and get us into the new stadium still a premier league team

I don't agree that he's a relegation level manager, he did miracles getting Burnley into Europe and he should have so much credit with us with how he handled all the of field challenges last season and kept the team going through some bad patches, so even with the points deductions, we were safe weeks before the end of the season
You don't need money to play footy, we have a manager that doesn't believe in it, if he managed Real Madrid he would still empty half the pitch, so that one doesn't wash.

'If you're bottom half you're in a relegation scrap'.

That's just not true.
Bournemouth Fulham Wolves Brentford Forrest Everton, all were worried and never reached the magical 38-40 point target until the last few games of the season.
Thats not to mention the 3 that actually went down.

Thats basically the bottom half of the league fighting for PL status.

You don't need money to play footy, we have a manager that doesn't believe in it, if he managed Real Madrid he would still empty half the pitch, so that one doesn't wash.
He has never managed Real or anyone remotely like them so how do you know that would be the case? You do need money to buy the players to play winning football these days. Just have a look at who wins the trophies year on year on year for evidence of that.

Bournemouth Fulham Wolves Brentford Forrest Everton, all were worried and never reached the magical 38-40 point target until the last few games of the season.
Thats not to mention the 3 that actually went down.

Thats basically the bottom half of the league fighting for PL status.

Bournemouth and Wolves both had 41 points in Matchday 30 and were 19 points clear with 8 games to go. If you think that's being in a relegation scrap then you should give your head a wobble.

He has never managed Real or anyone remotely like them so how do you know that would be the case? You do need money to buy the players to play winning football these days. Just have a look at who wins the trophies year on year on year for evidence of that.
Who said winning football you havejust added that,and I'm not stupid I know who's about to win the 3 trophies.I said play football. He doesn't and wouldn't not change he style whether or not he managed Real or Scunthorpe.

You do need players in your squad that are some way competent at playing. Dyche too over a squad with players that were poor at doing basic things like passing to a blue shirt, forwards that can`t score, midfielders who can`t create anything or control a game, defenders who can`t defend and a keeper that won`t command his penalty area. Thats why we were struggling when he arrive at the club, and to be honest last season was a really good step forward.
I think the squad will be stronger this season and hope that we will continue the upward progression, but I`m willing to be patient and give him a chance to get it right.

He managed the best side in the Championship and they played low block, direct football.

It was effective but the idea he’d change his style when he has a better team is just absurd at this point.

Bournemouth and Wolves both had 41 points in Matchday 30 and were 19 points clear with 8 games to go. If you think that's being in a relegation scrap then you should give your head a wobble.
Think yours needs wobbling thinking your getting anything different from Dyche from what the world has seen for a decade.

Our relegation thread in here will be the most active all season because we will spend 90% of the season with our heads above water.

There is zero evidence to think otherwise.

The problem is our fanbase see staying in this league as some kind of achievement! Last season he done ok because of the points deduction but he doesnt have the ability as manager to kick on from that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.