2024/25 Sean Dyche

Who said winning football you havejust added that,and I'm not stupid I know who's about to win the 3 trophies.I said play football. He doesn't and wouldn't not change he style whether or not he managed Real or Scunthorpe.
Didnt Burnley rip up the Championship playing football and the get relegated trying to do the same thing? Its not as easy as saying lets play easy on the eye football and it just works you have to have the players. So you do need money to buy players with quality on the ball to play football. Yes i did add winning football because surely thats what everyone wants. Or are you saying youd be happy for us to look good but get beat every game doing so?

Think yours needs wobbling thinking your getting anything different from Dyche from what the world has seen for a decade.

Our relegation thread in here will be the most active all season because we will spend 90% of the season with our heads above water.

There is zero evidence to think otherwise.

The problem is our fanbase see staying in this league as some kind of achievement! Last season he done ok because of the points deduction but he doesnt have the ability as manager to kick on from that.

I was talking about your statement about being in a relegation scrap if you're in the bottom half which isn't true. You've gone off on a tangent because you're wrong.

He managed the best side in the Championship and they played low block, direct football.

It was effective but the idea he’d change his style when he has a better team is just absurd at this point.
Im not saying he would or will ever change his style. The point was he has never and will never manage Real Madrid or any other superpower so to throw that in to make a cheap point is pointless.

He managed the best side in the Championship and they played low block, direct football.

It was effective but the idea he’d change his style when he has a better team is just absurd at this point.
I’m not sure where the idea that he’ll change his style comes from.? It's a load of 💩

With the added quality we have (like Ndiaye and Lindstrom), we should hopefully be better in transition and more clinical in taking our chances. However, it’s clear that his style and philosophy aren’t going to change, anyone who watched even 1 minute of pre-season could see that, it's not even a criticism either, we had games last season where we battered teams, our major problem was chance conversion.

I want Dyche out not because of anything to do with his competence for the job.

But because I've got TikTok brain and I want to see a fresh face in that dugout whenever I feel like it.

#DycheOut

Who said winning football you havejust added that,and I'm not stupid I know who's about to win the 3 trophies.I said play football. He doesn't and wouldn't not change he style whether or not he managed Real or Scunthorpe.

Improving at football is winning football matches. More money can equal better players which equals more opportunity to win football matches equals better football.

Regardless of whatever the pundits say, the league table ranks in order who has played the ‘best’ football as its the definitive view of which team gained most points for keeping the ball out the net at one end and putting it in at the other end. So Dyche’s football was as good as Iraola’s and De Zerbi’s, better than Silva’s, worse than Moyes and Hodgson/Glasner. There’s obviously factors to take into account like who has the better squad etc. but the league table is THE stat that ranks the quality of football. Not the perceived aesthetic, not the subjective enjoyment or not, not the media approved current tend for football quality. It is the the only actual measurement of which side plays better football over 38 games.

There is zero point ‘playing football’ (whatever that means) if you’re losing games all the time and finishing bottom of the table.

You do need players in your squad that are some way competent at playing. Dyche too over a squad with players that were poor at doing basic things like passing to a blue shirt, forwards that can`t score, midfielders who can`t create anything or control a game, defenders who can`t defend and a keeper that won`t command his penalty ThTsarea. Thats why we were struggling when he arrive at the club, and to be honest last season was a really good step forward.
I think the squad will be stronger this season and hope that we will continue the upward progression, but I`m willing to be patient and give him a chance to get it right.
That's fair comment mate, but my stance is them players don't get to the top of their profession by playing hoof ball. I think coaching plays is major part in it as well and dyche will never play Football he plays percentages.

That's fair comment mate, but my stance is them players don't get to the top of their profession by playing hoof ball. I think coaching plays is major part in it as well and dyche will never play Football he plays percentages.

Every manager plays percentages. Stats on short corners, stats on set pieces stats on where to press to win the ball back, stats on which type of delivery is more likely to create a goal, stats on which players do what.

It’s all percentages. Increasing your chances of keeping the ball out one end, increasing the chances of scoring at the other end. Pep and Arteta are probably studying and playing to percentages more than anyone else.

Improving at football is winning football matches. More money can equal better players which equals more opportunity to win football matches equals better football.

Regardless of whatever the pundits say, the league table ranks in order who has played the ‘best’ football as its the definitive view of which team gained most points for keeping the ball out the net at one end and putting it in at the other end. So Dyche’s football was as good as Iraola’s and De Zerbi’s, better than Silva’s, worse than Moyes and Hodgson/Glasner. There’s obviously factors to take into account like who has the better squad etc. but the league table is THE stat that ranks the quality of football. Not the perceived aesthetic, not the subjective enjoyment or not, not the media approved current tend for football quality. It is the the only actual measurement of which side plays better football over 38 games.

There is zero point ‘playing football’ (whatever that means) if you’re losing games all the time and finishing bottom of the table.
If you don't know what playing football means then I don't know where to go mate. We didn't win for was it 13 games last season at one point last season by his methods so we're does that leave you.

Every manager plays percentages. Stats on short corners, stats on set pieces stats on where to press to win the ball back, stats on which type of delivery is more likely to create a goal, stats on which players do what.

It’s all percentages. Increasing your chances of keeping the ball out one end, increasing the chances of scoring at the other end. Pep and Arteta are probably studying and playing to percentages more than anyone else.
Bur then tend to make sure at most times the ball in on the floor and passed to your teammate that's their percentage, I can guarantee when we kick off on Saturday Brighton have the ball within 10 secs. That's hoofball.

Indeed. Pep Guardiola is defined by percentage play. His tiki-taka was designed with "control" in mind, the logic being the opposition could not hurt you if they didn't have the ball. It's why his battles with the likes of Klopp are so fascinating as the German weaponises chaos to disrupt that control, and the German school in general prioritises pressing for that reason. Percentages are part of the game. The best percentage player is probably Ancelotti. All the greats are master percentage players.

Didnt Burnley rip up the Championship playing football and the get relegated trying to do the same thing? Its not as easy as saying lets play easy on the eye football and it just works you have to have the players. So you do need money to buy players with quality on the ball to play football. Yes i did add winning football because surely thats what everyone wants. Or are you saying youd be happy for us to look good but get beat every game doing so?
I'm not saying I want us to be prime Barcelona, but I want a structure of some sort of Football being played. Plus you can looked good and not go down. Loads of teams above us are proof of that.

You do need players in your squad that are some way competent at playing. Dyche too over a squad with players that were poor at doing basic things like passing to a blue shirt, forwards that can`t score, midfielders who can`t create anything or control a game, defenders who can`t defend and a keeper that won`t command his penalty area. Thats why we were struggling when he arrive at the club, and to be honest last season was a really good step forward.
I think the squad will be stronger this season and hope that we will continue the upward progression, but I`m willing to be patient and give him a chance to get it right.
Your midfield players won't create if they are told not to get foward, or you full backs not to join attacks.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.