2024/25 Sean Dyche

That really is a measure of where we are as a football club, out expectation to "hobble in to the new stadium as a PL club".

Sports is about playing to win, building, ethos and passion. We've been reduced to surviving by the skin of our teeth.

Going the game in the hope of win, never mind a good performance. This Club is grim, managed by a one dimensional grim manager.

Years of dross, poor signings and the beating down of expectation has resulted in what we see today, honestly if we where an animal we would have been taken round the back of the house and beaten out of our misery by now.
Clubs go through eras. This is a grim era. Nothing can expedite that short of a Mansour type takeover.

Clubs go through eras. This is a grim era. Nothing can expedite that short of a Mansour type takeover.
Most of the fan base has only know a this era, most people don't know the brief spell in the 80's when it wasn't so bad!! My whole life we've been crap, bar a brief spell when we played ok, even then it was just OK!

Let’s be fair here, we started poorly last season and had a long stretch in the middle where we didn’t do anything either.

However, even with that we managed to earn what would have been a 12th place finish.

We still have a total of 108 points to play for so everything from relegation to clinching the title in April is still a mathematical possibility.

We need to give him at least 10 games to get a sense of if we are going to be really bad or if we just had a bad start brought about through untimely injuries and players who have the transfer window on their minds.

Inappropriate Language
Let’s be fair here, we started poorly last season and had a long stretch in the middle where we didn’t do anything either.

However, even with that we managed to earn what would have been a 12th place finish.

We still have a total of 108 points to play for so everything from relegation to clinching the title in April is still a mathematical possibility.

We need to give him at least 10 games to get a sense of if we are going to be really bad or if we just had a bad start brought about through untimely injuries and players who have the transfer window on their minds.
Another post that sums up where we are as fans, numb and accepting of this crap!

Not a criticism of @UltraVires or any other fan, am no different but we've been served up such [Poor language removed] for so long that the best we can hope for is to survival!

His job is to keep Everton in the PL, not go and play silky football down at WHL.

He’s judged on games versus Bourmenmouth, Ipswich, Wolves, Brentford, Palace etc.

He kept us up in a season when most thought it impossible with 8 points deducted. The pressure on this club last season was off the charts.

Yes we have a fight on our hands but give me Dyche over Potter or some other name pulled me out of the air.
So if we lose 14-0 to Liverpool that's fine, because we are only judging him based on playing crap sides. Honestly I'd rather we just ceased to exist as a club, than have to accept the fact that all we can hope for is we stay up and best a few no marks at home. He didn't keep us up, last season or the 1 before, we got lucky that the other teams were crap and missed countless chances to put us in relegation zone. He's been lucky.

I’m struggling to see past this era to be honest. Not sure with the crippling costs associated the stadium is going to be the game changer some people think it may be and I can see us ending up as one of those clubs that were successful in years past, which no longer are permanently. It’s just the way it is. We were a mansion but are now a ruin, a former shell of ourselves thanks to BK and FM

We start poorly because the gloves are off so to speak and you get to express yourselves at the start.
He cant cope with that and i said before, he needs us to be in shitz creek before his dogs of war tactics become somewhat effective

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back