2024/25 Sean Dyche

Reading you saying this is making me here the voice of Bill Kenwright @davek

"revered"

"Other clubs ask themselves what would the Everton Board do? As they always get it right!"

:dodgy:

People who gave Moshiri and Brands their support have no hand to play in commenting about where we are today.....

Imagine if used that thing called preseason to work on little patterns of play. Things that can help get players forward, create bits of space and overloads

Nah, let’s get fit and hoof it
Spent an extra day of pre-season on a ‘gaffer day.’ Who needs tactics and patterns of play. He likes to portray himself as some sort of managerial maestro but in reality he’s got no expertise or knowledge on how to play any other style of play than defend deep, conceded possession and play long ball football.

Hes not a tactics manager. He plays route one by and large. He’s a manager who focuses on defensive security (I know) and seizing moments in a game.
So we could get any manager at any level to do that!!
Grab someone from the park end to set us up like that..

He’s not here to get us safe, his first season when he was hired yes!
He’s here to win football matches and improve players, coach them!
Move us away from relegation fights that’s why he is getting paid millions of pounds.

We have LIMITED quality.
Yes, and even that we’re using it obviously wrong. Limited quality but still quality and being this dreadful is genuinely worse than teams like the recently promoted who have crap players but set up so they actually are competitive.

No players in those teams will walk into our team yet they play better football somehow, weird how that’s possible.

So we could get any manager at any level to do that!!
Grab someone from the park end to set us up like that..

He’s not here to get us safe, his first season when he was hired yes!
He’s here to win football matches and improve players, coach them!
Move us away from relegation fights that’s why he is getting paid millions of pounds.
He most definitely is here to keep us safe. Anything else is an absolute bonus.

Yes, and even that we’re using it obviously wrong. Limited quality but still quality and being this dreadful is genuinely worse than teams like the recently promoted who have crap players but set up so they actually are competitive.

No players in those teams will walk into our team yet they play better football somehow, weird how that’s possible.
I expect it to get even more limited by the end of the window...

I’d like to see this line up next week. Might offer some kind of attacking threat. Would even consider starting Armstrong if he gets a game on Tuesday.

———Pickford———
Dixon—O’Brien—Tarkowski—Mykolenko
——————Tim——Gana——————
———Lindstrom—Ndiaye—Harrison———
————————Beto———————

Fully expect to see Keane, McNeil, Doucoure and Calvert-Lewin start again.
How I would have started today...

If Doucore and Dom have a semi-decent game against Brighton, we probably skin them. They were incredibly vulnerable. If Pickers doesn’t have a mare today, this is probably a close loss or even we squeak out a draw.

You cannot go into games relying on your players to make zero mistakes. You have to be proactive and get things right when things aren’t going your way. Dyche tends to have these awful losses because he will wait until ish hits the fan and the momentum is gone and then he will make changes when the game has passed.

He will not last after this season. Hopefully the Friedkin group or whoever beat out Textor and we can start to change the culture into a winning one.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back