2024/25 Sean Dyche

So we need pace to counter but his game plan revolves around sitting back, giving up possession and...? What?
Yeah if you’re going to sit back, you either need to 1. Counter through possession which you need passers and pace but we know we can’t do that or 2. Long ball it which still requires position and pace, which we know we don’t have so the third option is try and not sit back and move through he thirds through passing movement but we don’t do that either. Looks like we will be having to rely on set pieces again. Just absurd.

He seems worried about the last season at Goodison element.

Perhaps he's thinking its pressure to take the game to opposition...

The last 3 seasons shout makes me think he reads here because I've said it loads 😬

20240824_190857.webp

The last 3 seasons shout makes me think he reads here because I've said it loads 😬

View attachment 270376
Doesn’t explain the dead weird Europe comment that he’s literally made up and sounds more like more straw men arguments, but sure.

He most definitely is here to keep us safe. Anything else is an absolute bonus.
Up until today's result I was willing to give him plenty of time to move us forward, and I still hope he can turn this season around, but his last season with Burnley he had them reasonably tight at the back but they found it hard to score. I thought he was sorting the defense out last season, and this season we would build on that and start getting more return up front, but it seems to be getting worse at both end of the pitch.
Keep this form up for much longer we could have a mountain to climb, before any points deductions that might come our way.

View attachment 270376
He was on here. He joined under @TraceyBeakHead but for some reason you banned him and he wasn’t able to interact with the fans.

We give up possession because we have no one to get it to and get us down the field. They cost cash and Dyche doesn’t have it.
This is bollocks!

Did you see any Brighton player last week make a pass that was out of the ordinary?? 5-10 yards max! That me and you could make?

Our players aren’t being coached it’s glaringly obvious they’re not! You just need a little bit nous and players to have confidence! Unfortunately Dyche doesn’t allow our players to have the ball at their feet for longer than a second before it’s punted up field.

Just looking at the Villa match - amazing to think (like Newcastle) they were relegated and playing in Championship a few years ago. The amount of clubs that have come up from the lower league and passed us - it’s ridiculous.

Villa got their act together mate. Good on them.

I have to say tho, For all the stick and snide digs our fans receive about booing, moaning and walking out, in 2016 Villa were going through a terrible time, protests, walk outs etc. A lot of home games had empty seats and it got to a point where over 13k tickets were still available for their final game of the season. Everton fans haven’t done that, they still fill the ground, they still take full allocation to away games.

I’d love to see how some people would react if we did what Villa did or heaven forbid apathy crept in on a large scale.

You have to wonder where this focus on the fans stems from because I don’t think it’s solely on Dyche, even the likes of Prentices wife, Dixie Deans granddaughter, was asking fans not to protest because it would affect signings , knowing full well there would not be any anyway. It was really about not disrupting the apple cart, i.e the Kenwright clique.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back