2024/25 Sean Dyche

I don’t get the Europe bit….no one supporter has said this
Only what I can remember, there was a post here around December when we had a pretty good spell before and after points deduction with 10 games and 22 points on where we might finish in the next 1-2 seasons.

But never ever heard anyone talking about that.

He seems worried about the last season at Goodison element.

Perhaps he's thinking its pressure to take the game to opposition...

The last 3 seasons shout makes me think he reads here because I've said it loads 😬

View attachment 270376
Not sure there are many who have watched us over the last 3 seasons who would expect us in Europe.

I think most would hope for some level of progression on a relegation battle - in some respects he's a victim of a comfortable end to the session and a decent points tally.

I would normally not he too bothered by these loses as it can happen in this league and he strikes me as a man who views the season as a whole rather than 1/2 games. But his tone seems to have changed from last season and it feels like he's talking as a man under pressure - new stadium, fissure between him and the DoF or new owners. Whatever it is...

He needs to get his head back into making us hard to beat and stop worrying about his perception as manager.

He seems worried about the last season at Goodison element.

Perhaps he's thinking its pressure to take the game to opposition...

The last 3 seasons shout makes me think he reads here because I've said it loads 😬

View attachment 270376
You probably jest, but rather than either blocking out or trying to harness the fans, he does seem to be hyper aware of the prevailing mood at any one time. Its like as part of his attempts to grow into the club he or his staff monitor the general feelings. Leaves him somewhere in the middle, he is neither with us or isolated from us. He’s just aware of us. Odd relationship for me.

This is bollocks!

Did you see any Brighton player last week make a pass that was out of the ordinary?? 5-10 yards max! That me and you could make?

Our players aren’t being coached it’s glaringly obvious they’re not! You just need a little bit nous and players to have confidence! Unfortunately Dyche doesn’t allow our players to have the ball at their feet for longer than a second before it’s punted up field.
Completely agree - simple little passes, however that requires t(r relevant coaching for players to move and create angles - we stand like statues….thats in Dyche and Lampard and Benitez before him. If players don’t want a pass and move philosophy just drop them and bring someone else in. It needs coaching. There is no coaching.

The expectations of the Everton fanbase are lower than I can ever remember in my entire life.
Still too high for Dyche apparently, who has done nothing but moan about it since he got here.
True that. I didn’t think they could drop as low as when Moyes was here, but it’s been taken to another level of ‘just accept what you’ve got’.

Where's these European shouts come from anyway. Just something he's entirely made up isn't it?
The only person with any connection to Everton, fan, pundit, employee who has mentioned Europe with regard to this club is Sean Dyche. And Sean Dyche is complaining about Sean Dyche talking about Europe with regards to Everton. He's playing 4D chess while we're all playing tiddlywinks.

There is no defending that comment. It is manipulative crap and a big red flag to me
Is it any wonder we show no ambition on the pitch when you have a manager with an attitude like that. We need someone with enthusiasm to light a spark at the club. All we’ve had the last 20 odd years are drab, dour negative managers bar 1, Martinez, who is an absolute loony bin. If we had someone like Thomas frank or someone with a bit of energy about them to get the club looking upwards things might change for the better.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back