2024/25 Sean Dyche

If players stop believing in the manager that is usually irrecoverable.
That is something that predates the era of player power .
Not saying that is necessarily the case currently but it looks a possibility.

That only works when the players have the profile or the power base in lobby - who has that power here - JT, Pickford and Branthwaite - though he wont be here long any way. All three id say very much perform for the manager.

Everyone else - can get kicked out the door as far as im concerned - or replaced within the existing squad - particularly if they are prone to undermining a manager. Either way its symptomatic of a dysfunctional club and needs rooting.

All the best managers cut the head of the snake - if you arrive at a club and there is rot - you deal with the rot - all the best have had to do it.

The tail cannot wag the dog.

Thats as true for this manager as the next or any.

Last edited:
I think he has done that. But it's easier to bring new ideas when you are not stuck with Michael Keane.
He hasn't come up with any new ideas.
There's nothing new - no new patterns of play, things they've worked on during the summer.
Its part of the problem, it's just stale and predictable. The players are bored stiff.
The start is worse than I expected, but not by much.
You could see it was going be car crash start in pre-season.
Tbf to Dyche injuries and finances have played their part too.

He hasn't come up with any new ideas.
There's nothing new - no new patterns of play, things they've worked on during the summer.
Its part of the problem, it's just stale and predictable. The players are bored stiff.
The start is worse than I expected, but not by much.
You could see it was going be car crash start in pre-season.
Tbf to Dyche injuries and finances have played their part too.

I'm not sure how it can be anything other than that. We are a bad team, and we lose players every year.

Dyche interview, so Onana is the reason we are starting bad, moaning about having to sell him, the same onana he dropped at the end of season.

Sell key players , plural, oh so Dobbin or Godfrey are now rewritten as key players.

Do one you ginger meff.

A few more of the sly digs at the 'its difficult here's emphasised the here, it'll be toxic v him as he's making it clear he's not invested here.

The things he is saying, particularly about the environment he is in, is a dangerous combo with the fact he is in the last year of his contract which is staggeringly unlikely to be renewed. Dyche is going to bunker down and throw up more and more walls to protect himself as the season goes on.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Dyche interview, so Onana is the reason we are starting bad, moaning about having to sell him, the same onana he dropped at the end of season.

Sell key players , plural, oh so Dobbin or Godfrey are now rewritten as key players.

Do one you ginger meff.

A few more of the sly digs at the 'its difficult here's emphasised the here, it'll be toxic v him as he's making it clear he's not invested here.
He sounds like he desperate and grasping
Not very inspiring 😕

He’s a throw back to football of decades ago and hasn’t moved on, the football can also sometimes be affective due to that fact, but more often than not it will only get you so far and the longer you maintain it the further down the league table it will get you, as you’re a one trick pony and everyone’s onto you,
He has took us as far as he could, but we’re always going to be playing catch up as he’s so negative, quite frankly if you persist in playing one striker at home, (we probably will against Doncaster as well) you aren’t going to be winning many games of football and are often spending large portions of the game on the back foot,
If we don’t win the next two games, he’s a gonna for me.

I'm not sure how it can be anything other than that. We are a bad team, and we lose players every year.
We are a bad team, this has many reasons and Dyche has also his part, with team selection, game plan in a lot of games.

Expected to lose against Spurs, that's by far not a disgrace, but we were really off. There were maybe 5-10 promising minutes when Ndiaye und Lindström came on till Romero's goal.

Lindström and Ndiaye must play, as we need their creativity. Keane hasn't had big mistakes today, but we concede too many goals when he's playing. And there is a fit alternative on the bench, we paid a fair amount of money for.

We are a bad team, this has many reasons and Dyche has also his part, with team selection, game plan in a lot of games.

Expected to lose against Spurs, that's by far not a disgrace, but we were really off. There were maybe 5-10 promising minutes when Ndiaye und Lindström came on till Romero's goal.

Lindström and Ndiaye must play, as we need their creativity. Keane hasn't had big mistakes today, but we concede too many goals when he's playing. And there is a fit alternative on the bench, we paid a fair amount of money for.

All very fair.

It starts with our preseason being sub par and our recruitment not addressing glaring holes, then the focus on fitness has seemingly seen several of our players break down. You don't get this many injuries by coincidence. Then you have a stubborn negative manager who won't play new players and won't try different things and persists with his favourites Keane, Young, Mcneil, Doucoure, regardless of form. His attacking set up is pitiful and dated with no plan B. His subs are always too late. He has to change or he will get changed. And I don't really care how well he did last season. What we are seeing now isn't good enough. Moyes is ten times the manager Dyche is. Dyche cuts his cloth grinds out points but he has become so stubborn that he is currently bringing us down to his level in my view.

Last season against the same two sides were close. Had lots of chances against spurs down there. And an ashley young OG got Brighton a late draw at Goodison.
If this is how the side collapses just by swapping branthwaite for Keane then i'd consider maybe not playing keane for starters.
Might just be two games but to be minus 7 and hardly a shot at goal. Somethings not right there. The same two fixtures last season we were at least competitive.
Branthwaite for Keane, Dixon in at RB, Myko is still not fully fit in my opinion, Tim is young in midfield and Doucoure is not up to where he was at times last season.

That’s pretty much half the team that have issues or explanations for us being off it and that’s not mentioning that Tarky is carrying a knock

Add to that we don't get rid of overpaid oldies either, in fact we extend their contracts - Coleman & Young & Keane prime example in the past - we never learn - I reckon we have at least 6 duds on the books eating away our budget .. The Manager is also in that class & his backroom staff & our DOF to boot too....

Add to that we don't get rid of overpaid oldies either, in fact we extend their contracts - Coleman & Young & Keane prime example in the past - we never learn - I reckon we have at least 6 duds on the books eating away our budget .. The Manager is also in that class & his backroom staff & our DOF to boot too....

I mean if we just get rid of everyone Joe, there will be nobody left.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back