2024/25 Sean Dyche

There is some right drivel on here. We've been pumped twice. It happens. Who are you going to bring in? Only realistic manager I think would come would be Moyes. Then we would pretty much play a low block and very similar style to Dyche anyway. This squad is poor. I still think we'll finish mid table. The only really big worry for me is Dyches compressing the pitch style needs intensity and I think there's been a lack of that.

Get this cup game out the way and play the new lads for 70 mins. Big game at the weekend then. International break and hopefully we get some bodies back. Missing JB massively.

There is some right drivel on here. We've been pumped twice. It happens. Who are you going to bring in? Only realistic manager I think would come would be Moyes. Then we would pretty much play a low block and very similar style to Dyche anyway. This squad is poor. I still think we'll finish mid table. The only really big worry for me is Dyches compressing the pitch style needs intensity and I think there's been a lack of that.

Get this cup game out the way and play the new lads for 70 mins. Big game at the weekend then. International break and hopefully we get some bodies back. Missing JB massively.
He may be more reluctant to do that due to the poor start which is the problem. Dyche had the perfect excuse to test the new guys and prepare them for the league. He brings them on twice when the game is done and dusted and the momentum is out the window. It’s a toxic way to introduce someone into the team. They will be blamed for having virtually no impact in a game where the players had already given up.

Credit for giving Dixon his chance. Hell Armstrong got some minutes too. Cool. But he fudged up the opening of the season and he didn’t even have to win these two games. We should be perfectly fine when players get healthy, but he deserves every bit of criticism he has gotten so far and that includes his moronic European comments.

His team selection is poor because he has his favourites, he needs to improve, he also needs to stop antagonizing the fanbase. Everyone knows there's tension and problems at the club, he helps no one by digging at the fans or perception. However, and I'll run to hide after saying this, he's been totally proven right with the reactions after today to be honest. It's 2 games against clubs that are miles ahead of us, we need to be honest. They blew us away, and they should, we are a bottom half team, but we're far from as bad as people are making out.

I expected us to fully get hammered these two games, and we did, I understand people want to be optimistic but in any real terms our first chance at points was always going to be Bournemouth. No other club would be having the same type of meltdown about the manager at this stage of a season, especially with the context fully of the club. People can have their opinions and say what they want, but Dyche is blamed for so many things beyond his control, people even watched the U21s the other day with the new signings being miles off full fitness, then they go and complain that Dyche isn't starting them?

This football club has enough problems, as of now Dyche is very far down the list. I would love for us to go and get a better manager, play better football and get us higher up the table, but I also have to be realistic that until we have a new owner survival is the only thing we can aim for, and Dyche achieves that. I am begging people to relax a bit, we cannot be melting down as a fanbase 2 games into the season due to losing against 2 teams that'll finish in Europe while we're missing a lot of players.
Not expecting a point against Spurs away is one thing (a team who had conceded in their last 16 at home mind), but not expecting anything but a hammering against Brighton at home come on. That is on the manager

Dyche is right at the top of things wrong with the club

I’ve backed him and thought he did a decent job keeping us up the last couple of seasons, but I don’t like his arsey comments about the fans or his inability to accept responsibility.

These two games have been managed pathetically but there is no one at the top the club to do anything about it.

I'm not advocating him to depart, but the comments are laughable. Stop making excuses, there are a load of Championship sides that would have put up a stronger fight.

The players will see the manager saying we are down to our bare bones and have no money and basically be in roll over and tickle me mode as soon as the game starts. Never give them a reason not to perform. If the tactics are right and the players execute what has been drilled into them all week, added by showing something in attack to make them fear you so it isn't wave after wave of them on us, then it's possible to get a result however unlikely. He's had well over a year with the same front 4/5 to start getting them to play how he wants them to. Injuries to other parts of the team and no money to bring in new players is by the by.

What is he talking about? Martinez levels of delusion. Get him out!!

IMG_5994.webp

He won't mate because he's a dinosaur.

He'll play Dwight because he loves him. Hell switch him to attacking mid where he's never started to ensure the actual attacking mids have to play wide.

Funny as anything today they that decision led to the fourth goal, McNeil despite some in here showing he's clearly not an am.

Didnt watch the game but its no surprise.

Ive said throughout this window that Iroegbunam was good business...the others, not sure. Nothing stands out.

O'Brien the most 'exciting' because he seems to go up a gear over time...but not playing him over Keane is a red flag.

McNeil would be fine as the 10 with 2 quick wide players...or on the left with pace to his right.

But we have not added the quality needed

What is he talking about? Martinez levels of delusion. Get him out!!

View attachment 270418

Just insanity. Such a defeatest attitude.

I think i pushed that he needs to finish 9th to ensure his job is safe under a new owner.

But more realistically 9-12th should be fine for him to keep his job.

Europe? Man is nuts.

Has anyone mentioned Europe? Weird take from Dyche.

People's expectations were 11th if recruitment was on point, few injuries to key players and the side really maximise points in tight games to 17th if the above didn't happen.

Nobody was talking about Europe! Hilarious because it's utter nonsense.
He’s not gonna make excuses, and then fills the interview with excuses.

I think our fans massively over rate our current team Rooney Tunes. Brighton & Spurs both have better teams than us, and have both strengthened this summer.

Branthwaite & Tarkowski are a fantastic partnership for EFC at CB - ones injured and the other isnt fully fit.

Onana & Garner are both missing from the midfield who help press the opposition/shield the back 4.

Mykolenko doesn't look 100% either & DCL looks disinterested.

Sacking a manager 2 games into a season doesn't change the above. We were never getting european qualification this season, the goal was always finish midtable away from the bottom 3.

Far too early to be bedwetting.

Sign Trippier, entice Wood or Wilson, ship out DCL and I would be confident things will improve once Branthwaite & Garner are back fit and in the side.
Point taken but his arrogance and stubborn streak just reeks of inward stupidity. We know DCL is not interested and Keane is rubbish, so play the players that you bought they cannot be worse.

No, we go with Premiership experience. Arrogance bordering on Stupidity.

It’s been said loads but Lindstrom, Ndiaye, O’Brian and even Beto should be given a run of games instead of the likes of Harrison, McNeil and DCL. I know there’s no depth but he doesn’t do himself favours going with the same attack, if you can call it that.
If nothing else this is it in a nutshell.

Selecting dcl, doucoure, Harrison & mcneill every single week with the sole tactic being a long diagonal from cb for Harrison to control and then run into/pass to an opponent after last seasons pathetic goal return is beyond poor management.

I swear you can see it in tarkowski and pickfords faces at times, what's the point if as soon as we concede that is 90% guaranteed to be a defeat as we simply create zero.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back