2024/25 Sean Dyche

It’s not our job to know who the other managers are though, it is Thelwells. Most of us didn’t know who Glasner was until Palace signed him, same with the new fella at Brighton.

Thelwell should have a list of managers who better fit with the players he is bringing in. Hopefully a young, progressive manager with some positivity

There is only so long the fans at a club of our size, even given the rut we are in, will accept such poor football and negativity
You're living in a dream world fella. "A club of our size"?! We've been run like a tit pot league two club forever at this point. "Its not our job" yeah and the guy who's job it is doesn't have a clue what he's doing! Dyche is literally one of Moshiri’s better appointments ffs! He's leeps actually and bounds ahead of the previous two. We'd end up with someone even worse! You and others just want change without thinking about the consequences. You'll probably say that things couldn't get any worse. Well, yes they could, very easily. No young progressive manager is going to risk his career on a club that's basically a graveyard for managers knowing full well that people will turn in him after a handful of games when things go wrong.

You're living in a dream world fella. "A club of our size"?! We've been run like a tit pot league two club forever at this point. "Its not our job" yeah and the guy who's job it is doesn't have a clue what he's doing! Dyche is literally one of Moshiri’s better appointments ffs! He's leeps actually and bounds ahead of the previous two. We'd end up with someone even worse! You and others just want change without thinking about the consequences. You'll probably say that things couldn't get any worse. Well, yes they could, very easily. No young progressive manager is going to risk his career on a club that's basically a graveyard for managers knowing full well that people will turn in him after a handful of games when things go wrong.
Absolute rubbish. We are one of the 10 biggest clubs in the biggest league in the world.

Palace can do it, so can Brighton. You think these young managers in other leagues aren’t going to jump at the chance if only to triple their wages

Absolute rubbish. We are one of the 10 biggest clubs in the biggest league in the world.

Palace can do it, so can Brighton. You think these young managers in other leagues aren’t going to jump at the chance if only to triple their wages
Nobody cares about history in the real world. Managers care about having an ability to build something and win things. Neither are an option at this football club with the current regime in charge. Palace and Brighton are infinitely more attractive prospects to managers and players right now. These young managers can make their money in places where they wouldn't be risking their careers and reputations on a bad gamble.

I don’t see either the symptom or the cure to each as mutually exclusive mate.

But I think it’s a bit of a sweeping speculative suspicion 7 days into the season, particularly as the preceding body evidenced otherwise in outcome.
He has been here 18months .
It’s a cumulative process of disillusionment with the tactics and results I was thinking of,
I do see signs of it personally but I realise that may be due to my own bias.
I may be just projecting my own abject boredom and disbelief onto the players.
But Dyche’s comment about players ‘not being up for it ‘ yesterday was interesting and reinforced my own suspicions about declining morale.

Nobody cares about history in the real world. Managers care about having an ability to build something and win things. Neither are an option at this football club with the current regime in charge. Palace and Brighton are infinitely more attractive prospects to managers and players right now. These young managers can make their money in places where they wouldn't be risking their careers and reputations on a bad gamble.
There are limited jobs in this league. Plenty of managers will bite your hand off for the chance to join

Is there a risk, of course. But the decision needs to be made quickly on Dyche. You really need to get shut or extend his contract. Our players are known for downing tools so letting his contract just expire isn’t the way to go

I'm not a Dyche fan at all (hate his football, hate him being a Tory) but this was pretty much our strongest 11 available (apart from Keane). We just don't have any quality or depth. It's where we are. The clubs in a mental state, what half decent ambitious manager would want to take it on?
Can't accept this Premier League ready excuse for new signings. Literally other clubs manages to throw players in with no experience and they perform.

There are limited jobs in this league. Plenty of managers will bite your hand off for the chance to join

Is there a risk, of course. But the decision needs to be made quickly on Dyche. You really need to get shut or extend his contract. Our players are known for downing tools so letting his contract just expire isn’t the way to go
I'm sure all the fellas on the championship managerial merry-go-round would give us a go but you'll only want them sacked to after a handful of games when our crap team is still crap.

How would you even know if our team of wage thieves downed tools? They're so crap I'd just assume that things where normal. It really does blow my mind that we can be in this position so often and yet our fanbase never seems to learn. How many 'kin managers do we have to sack before the penny drops and you realise that our problems go way deeper than the boss in the dugout.

I haven’t met a single blue who mentioned Europe.

That's a ridiculous falsehood. He won't be able to hide behind those for too long. Not being in a season long relegation battle was all anyone was asking for. And it already doesn't look like we're going to get that.

I don't quite understand why he's so quickly decided to focus on the fans.

I'm sure all the fellas on the championship managerial merry-go-round would give us a go but you'll only want them sacked to after a handful of games when our crap team is still crap.

How would you even know if our team of wage thieves downed tools? They're so crap I'd just assume that things where normal. It really does blow my mind that we can be in this position so often and yet our fanbase never seems to learn. How many 'kin managers do we have to sack before the penny drops and you realise that our problems go way deeper than the boss in the dugout.
No ones saying they don’t go further than the players. But if you are saying that you haven’t motivated your players going into the second game of the season you’re in big trouble

He has been here 18months .
It’s a cumulative process of disillusionment with the tactics and results I was thinking of,
I do see signs of it personally but I realise that may be due to my own bias.
I may be just projecting my own abject boredom and disbelief onto the players.
But Dyche’s comment about players ‘not being up for it ‘ yesterday was interesting and reinforced my own suspicions about declining morale.
Yeah but he will still pick the same players who weren’t up for it, next week. There is no competition for places because he will stick to the same players no matter what.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back