2024/25 Sean Dyche

Can't accept this Premier League ready excuse for new signings. Literally other clubs manages to throw players in with no experience and they perform.

Not throwing new signings straight in is quite a common occurence. Yesterday was very poor but there was little to suggest that starting any of the new lads on the bench would definitely have made a difference. I would question keeping faith with the team that underperformed against Brighton though for sure.

The cautious approach with new signings is frustrating I'll agree but pretending only Everton do it isn't true. Definitely needs to shuffle the pack against Bournemouth though regardless of the League Cup game as I can't see much more than 3 or 4 points tops from September's games.

I honestly don't think anyone thinks it funny. It's too boring and who in their right mind would be interested in us enough to laugh. We're almost in the sympathy category now.
All jokes aside this club offers none of us anything right now.

I'm refusing to go to the Bournemouth game and any other game while he is here because i cant stomach him and his utter tripe, his playing style, his tactics, and results.

Its our last season here and we all should be wanting to go but i just cant because i already know what i will will witness.

Bournemouth will be made to look like a prime Brazil
There bang average players will look like Balon D'Or candidates
We will launch it at every opportunity to a useless CF
We will persist with players who let us down week after week
We will look like 11 men threw together the day before and been given an Everton kit to play in
We will play ok for about 15-20 mins max in the whole game

I mean the tit is that clueless he even went from a suit to a tracky to change the results, no Sean how about you do something on the training ground to change the teams results.

There is some right drivel on here. We've been pumped twice. It happens. Who are you going to bring in? Only realistic manager I think would come would be Moyes. Then we would pretty much play a low block and very similar style to Dyche anyway. This squad is poor. I still think we'll finish mid table. The only really big worry for me is Dyches compressing the pitch style needs intensity and I think there's been a lack of that.

Get this cup game out the way and play the new lads for 70 mins. Big game at the weekend then. International break and hopefully we get some bodies back. Missing JB massively.
And if we do, then as much as this season will be horrid, I’m sure most would be ok with it. For me, I’ve never been particularly pro and anti Dyche as I money he has an incredibly thought job. I was on the fence last year with him due to all the issues previously discussed, but given the progress made at least in terms of results, I came down on the side of giving him this season to see if he can maintain or improve on points with hopefully development of style. A 48 point return wasn’t a bad result overall.

I’m not advocating sacking him today, but I am saying that I have been about as disappointed as I ever recall being with our start (both in pre season and admittedly only two games in to the season) about the team selections when we have new signings sat there gathering splinters and the style of football. Even former footballing pundits like Michael Ball are commenting that it looks like we’ve done no work to prepare for the new season. I was hoping he could learn, but it is starting to look like many posters have stated in here that he is dogmatic and his style won’t change.

It just gives me serious doubts 1) for the season ahead and 2) more generally that he will never change his style so no point giving him a new contract) so yes don’t sack now (the ad nauseum references to ‘rinse and repeat) but there needs to come a point where 1) if results don’t improve it needs to be considered and 2) if style does not improve I wouldn’t be offering him a new contract). By the way, just because we have constantly sacked managers, some in hindsight unfairly e.g. Silva doesn’t mean we should be afraid to do the same again if it isn’t working. The jury is still out in whether it will work this season but I am a little more doubtful than I was last season.

I'm not a Dyche fan at all (hate his football, hate him being a Tory) but this was pretty much our strongest 11 available (apart from Keane). We just don't have any quality or depth. It's where we are. The clubs in a mental state, what half decent ambitious manager would want to take it on?
It was our strongest 11 as you say with this exceptions from last years squad. Would it be the strongest 11 with this years squad and the new recruits? Difficult to say as he hasn’t selected the majority of them for the full 90

He has been here 18months .
It’s a cumulative process of disillusionment with the tactics and results I was thinking of,
I do see signs of it personally but I realise that may be due to my own bias.
I may be just projecting my own abject boredom and disbelief onto the players.
But Dyche’s comment about players ‘not being up for it ‘ yesterday was interesting and reinforced my own suspicions about declining morale.
Ultimately, it’s his responsibility, alongside his team, to ensure they’re up for it; we shouldn’t be lacking any in August, and two games in.

I said elsewhere that I do question what the players must take from training because I do not see a clear style of play, or what we’re trying to achieve.

The squad may not be the best, however I see other teams and the style of football they play, and I do wonder what is restricting us.

It was our strongest 11 as you say with this exceptions from last years squad. Would it be the strongest 11 with this years squad and the new recruits? Difficult to say as he hasn’t selected the majority of them for the full 90
As you say difficult to know, but, we just looked miles better when Ndaiye and Linstrom came on, Doucoure and McNeil should not be starters and, based on yesterday, I would like to see Beto given a run ahead of Calvert Lewin.

And if we do, then as much as this season will be horrid, I’m sure most would be ok with it. For me, I’ve never been particularly pro and anti Dyche as I money he has an incredibly thought job. I was on the fence last year with him due to all the issues previously discussed, but given the progress made at least in terms of results, I came down on the side of giving him this season to see if he can maintain or improve on points with hopefully development of style. A 48 point return wasn’t a bad result overall.

I’m not advocating sacking him today, but I am saying that I have been about as disappointed as I ever recall being with our start (both in pre season and admittedly only two games in to the season) about the team selections when we have new signings sat there gathering splinters and the style of football. Even former footballing pundits like Michael Ball are commenting that it looks like we’ve done no work to prepare for the new season. I was hoping he could learn, but it is starting to look like many posters have stated in here that he is dogmatic and his style won’t change.

It just gives me serious doubts 1) for the season ahead and 2) more generally that he will never change his style so no point giving him a new contract) so yes don’t sack now (the ad nauseum references to ‘rinse and repeat) but there needs to come a point where 1) if results don’t improve it needs to be considered and 2) if style does not improve I wouldn’t be offering him a new contract). By the way, just because we have constantly sacked managers, some in hindsight unfairly e.g. Silva doesn’t mean we should be afraid to do the same again if it isn’t working. The jury is still out in whether it will work this season but I am a little more doubtful than I was last season.

Good post. No one had any qualms over pragmatic football to get us over the line the last couple of seasons but it seems that Dyche wants to keep playing this way with no signs of any desire to come up with something different as a team.

There is no way those forwards have done any work together all summer on their link up play. You can just imagine them doing nothing but defensive drills and running into the ground.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back