2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche is tactically clueless, he makes decisions that teenagers make on FIFA. Replacing Beto who was getting no service against Arsenal, with DCL was idiotic, we concede a minute later. Moyes in my opinion, gets an unfair reputation as a "negative manager". Granted he wasn't perfect, no manager is. However his tactics worked, because we could defend and had players like Cahill, Saha, and a few others to score. Playing defensively doesn't work, when you can't keep possession like Italian sides used to. You need players comfortable in possession, Moyes had that in Arteta, Pienaar, Osman and Cahill. All that happens with us now is we just give opposition possession, so we are back under pressure. His bizarre decision to players like Maupay, Holgate, Keane and others makes me hate him. Him keeping Holgate on when he was on yellow card at Palace and a liability, Holgate gets sent off. He then decides to replace DCL with Maupay, instead of Simms, when Palace defenders were both 6'4 plus. Any manager with half a brain cell would acknowledge, Simms could help defend from set pieces or possibly score from. Maupay was never gonna do anything. Young actively seems to try and give opposition an advantage, yet still plays.

The Dychettes ain't changing their mind till he's sacked and even after he's sacked for being crap, they will still claim he was doing a good job.

It's a combination of a cult and posters who mindlessly back anything and everything Everton do.
It's so bizarre that with every dinosaur manager we get (Allardyce, Benitez and now Dyche have all had small fanclubs of rabid true believers on here) there is a cabal of posters who just will not countenance any fallibility at all on the part of the manager. It's always the players, the fans, the media, whatever. It's like they enjoy watching us play 1980s football. It's peculiar.

They will blame everything else but him, but Lampard and Benitez where terrible managers.

This fella would take the Villa squad now and have them 17th-18th within 3 months.

I hope we sack him soon because i want to go back to Goodison to watch us play.
There's huge overlap between the Dyche and Benitez fans on here. It definitely feeds my suspicion that they're not actually fans of those managers but are just trolls.

They will blame everything else but him, but Lampard and Benitez where terrible managers.

This fella would take the Villa squad now and have them 17th-18th within 3 months.

I hope we sack him soon because i want to go back to Goodison to watch us play.
And they’re actually the perfect example of what a good manager can do to effect the fortunes of a first 11. Yes they had better quality in the squad but when Gerrard was there they were awful. Emery came in and improved them immeasurably in that same season they took over.

It's so bizarre that with every dinosaur manager we get (Allardyce, Benitez and now Dyche have all had small fanclubs of rabid true believers on here) there is a cabal of posters who just will not countenance any fallibility at all on the part of the manager. It's always the players, the fans, the media, whatever. It's like they enjoy watching us play 1980s football. It's peculiar.
If only ;)

It's the manager and the players' fault, both share blame but everyone wants a scapegoat.

And they’re actually the perfect example of what a good manager can do to effect the fortunes of a first 11. Yes they had better quality in the squad but when Gerrard was there they were awful. Emery came in and improved them immeasurably in that same season they took over.
It's actually a rare thing to happen to get that immediate success. Maybe time for Everton to appoint a promising Spanish manager that isn't outdated. Emery was an elite level manager in the decade before joining Villa, pretty surprised they able to get him and I still think he sacked to soon at Arsenal.

Obviously biased when it comes to Basque, but there are Emery, Lopetegui, Andoni and Arteta + Xabi Alonso and Luis that won the Euros. Pretty good output for a region that has slightly over 2m people.

Yup, I was in the camp of backing him even though I hate the style of play

But the joke again if a pre season and a repeated speaking start to the season, he's never gonna change the same as fat Sam was never gonna.

I'll be honest I see absolutely no difference between the way the fat sloth had us playing and the way Dyche does, neither are what I wanna see Everton become which we have already now.

Rather sack him now, get a manager in who actually wants to play and whose shown promise (abroad most likely) and at least enjoy the thought of watching us play again rather than Saturday looming like a prison sentence every week.

The Dychettes ain't changing their mind till he's sacked and even after he's sacked for being crap, they will still claim he was doing a good job.

It's a combination of a cult and posters who mindlessly back anything and everything Everton do.
Yep and he is currently manipulating them into believing that staying in the league is an acceptable aim and achievement and they should not expect anything higher.

Completely dyched.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back