2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche explained his tactics in 10 minutes on youtube
He believes in keeping things simple so players have less to think about

Meanwhile other managers see he never changes and pick holes in it by making things a little less 'simple' for their players. They know when the like for like subs come on. He talks about fine margins but a bit of unpredictability can create those margins

Gundogan was a key player for Pep for years but after one season away he said 'there are new patterns of play that I was talking with the manager about, I hope I get up to speed with them quickly'. Granted Pep is constantly evolving so maybe it is unfair to compare them but he works on not being found out

I would love to have any manager that can mix it up before and in game where we don't know exactly what is going to happen and neither do the opposition. It is so boring watching Everton play that getting results is the only justification for it and that will be less and less now because the standard around us is going up.

Goddammit I know this is baiting and I'm falling right into the trap. This isn't 2 games at all, he has proven his ability over the last couple of years. Not good enough in the slightest

We would have finished 12th last season without the points deduction. That's a solid season considering all the turmoil going on at the club with the ownership and the financial troubles.

Inappropriate Language
We would have finished 12th last season without the points deduction. That's a solid season considering all the turmoil going on at the club with the ownership and the financial troubles.
You should have already been relegated in the two years before where you finiancially cheated. You lost 8 points in the weakest premier league in a decade last season. You could have lost 15 and stayed up. Cry me a river you cheating [Poor language removed].

I actually grew up in the 80s quite liking your team, had a friend who was an Evertonian, always saw you as different. But no, you've cheated relegation and I hope you go down this time.

Last edited:

Dyche has hit a wall. Even by his own low standards. Hes using all his excuses. But hes lost the fans, probably Thelwell. No excuses for not being prepared for the season.

You should have already been relegated in the two years before where you finiancially cheated. You lost 8 points in the weakest premier league in a decade last season. You could have lost 15 and stayed up. Cry me a river you cheating [Poor language removed].

I actually grew up in the 80s quite liking your team, had a friend who was an Evertonian, always saw you as different. But no, you've cheated relegation and I hope you go down this time.

I can smell the Leeds United from here.

Hahahaha lad, you horrible scruffs would’ve still gone down even if we’d been punished for “cheating” in that season. You cheated and still went down as it turns out, and you’ll be getting your own punishment coming down the pipeline soon. As if living in that absolute bin of a city isn’t punishment enough. :bye:

You know the end of last season saw a big upward trend in Dyche support?

Just a question, is there anybody that watches these opening games and still supports him being the best man for the job?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back