2024/25 Sean Dyche

Lol. It's fine is it?! Then how come as soon as someone says that they don't like it you swoop down on them barking at them about "what do they expect" and "Pep couldn't do any better"? As many, many people have stated, our football is effective at picking up enough points to stay up but it's cancer on the eyes, absolutely dreadful to watch. I bet you don't say it's fine that that's my opinion.

Do people just say they don’t like it? Or do they say it’s cancer on the eyes? Not that you’d ever be so hyperbolic though.

Lol. It's fine is it?! Then how come as soon as someone says that they don't like it you swoop down on them barking at them about "what do they expect" and "Pep couldn't do any better"? As many, many people have stated, our football is effective at picking up enough points to stay up but it's cancer on the eyes, absolutely dreadful to watch. I bet you don't say it's fine that that's my opinion.
I think the 'what do they expect?' thing was a fair point last season, and the seasons before. We'd been poor for a few seasons and were/are struggling financially. Slowly but surely the team is now becoming mainly 'his' in that he's signed fellas or extended their contracts, and whatever goodwill there was can't last forever in terms of playing style. He's tried to bring in a few more 'exciting' players, on paper at least, and I think this season may well see him try to be a bit more expansive, purely based on those signings. We will see.
He is a pragmatist though, and if we're hovering near the drop for a period of time, he'll go back to what he knows best and ensure our league status, whether the natives will settle for it though, is another matter.

I think the 'what do they expect?' thing was a fair point last season, and the seasons before. We'd been poor for a few seasons and were/are struggling financially. Slowly but surely the team is now becoming mainly 'his' in that he's signed fellas or extended their contracts, and whatever goodwill there was can't last forever in terms of playing style. He's tried to bring in a few more 'exciting' players, on paper at least, and I think this season may well see him try to be a bit more expansive, purely based on those signings. We will see.
He is a pragmatist though, and if we're hovering near the drop for a period of time, he'll go back to what he knows best and ensure our league status, whether the natives will settle for it though, is another matter.
Let's see what's served up before we decide there's a change of style incoming. For what it's worth, I thought we played some ok football (no better than that, though) before the long winless run last season. During and after that run the football was awful, albeit somewhat effective. My bet is that we'll play some ok football until our first sticky patch in terms of results and then Dyche will revert to type. Time will tell.

I can sign up to that if you can agree to the same? I can voice whatever opinion I want without it attracting you like a moth.
I promise not to comment on any of your posts that aren't blatant lies. Like, for example, when you said anyone can say they don't like the playing style under Dyche, when we all know you can't abide such comments and have to stomp all over the thread "correcting" them.

I promise not to comment on any of your posts that aren't blatant lies. Like, for example, when you said anyone can say they don't like the playing style under Dyche, when we all know you can't abide such comments and have to stomp all over the thread "correcting" them.

So you can’t even agree to your own terms then.

You asked me not to comment on your posts. I asked you not to comment on mine. You wanted an exception. Only one of us can’t let it go. It seems a fair deal to me.
I most certainly did not. I said you were free not to. I couldn't care less whether you respond to my posts or not. We all know what your going to say, "Dyche is ace, anyone who criticises him is a big meany".

Considering you've let it go, you seem quite engaged. I bet you reply to this post too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back