2024/25 Sean Dyche

Under Dyche we don’t compete we retreat .
It’s both boring and soul destroying to witness every game.
Disingaged ownership and limited footballing style are destroying what remains of the supporters morale.
We are a club that has become defined by fear , we do not contest a game , we attempt to survive.
The only reason a non Evertonian would choose to attend a Everton game is to watch the opposition.
We are irrelevant, cannon fodder for the league we are in.
Dyche isn’t the problem , he is though symptomatic of our endless fall from grace.
We continue to survive in the top league.
But our soul , our passion is dimming game by game.
Just as we have become irrelevant to the rest of the footballing world , we are in danger of becoming irrelevant to our own support and ultimately that is as dangerous to our continued existence as any relegation.
We urgently need to restore some pride in being a Evertonian, and clearly Dyche is incapable of that task.

Disingaged ownership and limited footballing style are destroying what remains of the supporters morale.
We are a club that has become defined by fear , we do not contest a game , we attempt to survive.
The only reason a non Evertonian would choose to attend a Everton game is to watch the opposition.
Dyche isn’t the problem , he is though symptomatic of our endless fall from grace.
Just as we have become irrelevant to the rest of the footballing world , we are in danger of becoming irrelevant to our own support and ultimately that is as dangerous to our continued existence as any relegation.
We urgently need to restore some pride in being a Evertonian, and clearly Dyche is incapable of that task.
Great post, we just survive, nothing demonstrates the survival mindset than "Just got to get to the new stadium as a Premier League club", the people that trot this out usually has no perspective of what this club could be and everything within it is crap just because of the people that manage it and I include Dyche management of the players in that and his mindset to games and tactics.

Your statement regarding survival is true from top to bottom and growing massively within the fanbase, our standards as fans are on the floor.

A new manager with a positive outlook changes it on the field and change perspective off it! A better manager gets better from these players... Hell, even Moyes gets better from these players!

Not sure which one of those I’ve highlighted would be the best replacement for our current motto.

Great post though and all spot on 👍

Moyes first few seasons when he arrived as a young and hungry manager, clearly thrilled to be given the chance of restoring some pride back to the club and turn us around.

That’s what we need again right now. And he did it on a very limited budget.

Maybe that’s the thing with Dyche. Maybe we expect as s supporter base a little more progression each year to get us back into the top 10 then to push on, but last season may well have been a limit of what he can do. Great if you’re like Burnley and that’s enough, but that not enough for us (and I don’t mean winning trophies or getting into Europe this season)
How can Any gaffer make progession when the squad has went backwards in terms of personnel.

A few imperfect analogies;
If Dyche had commanded the Spartans at Thermopylae, he would have retreated after the first day , the Persians would have conquered the Greek states , and the rallying cry for freedom that has echoed down the centuries would be non existent.
If Dyche had been the OC at the Alamo , he would have evacuated the position the moment Sam Houston informed him he wouldn’t get there in time , and the Texicans would be Mexicans.
In countless away games back in the day when it was coming down heavy , Dyche wouldn’t have been one those who grabbed you by the scruff of the neck and urged you to ‘stand and fight ‘ , he would have been the one shouting ‘leg it ‘ over his shoulder as he vanished over the horizon.

How can Any gaffer make progession when the squad has went backwards in terms of personnel.
Humility is important in the current situation, but also have some self-cristism to not take everything for granted. The 2nd thing is what I miss a lot of times at Dyche.

I say this season 45 points as an aim is realistic. That's not because I am not ambitious, but I see this squad good enough to be out of a direct relegation battle, despite it lacks of many things...

Moyes first few seasons when he arrived as a young and hungry manager, clearly thrilled to be given the chance of restoring some pride back to the club and turn us around.

That’s what we need again right now. And he did it on a very limited budget.
The league had a very different dynamic about it back then though. It was more of a top 4 whereas its a top 6/7 now and the general levels of money floating about the league with all teams are far greater than what they were than when Moyes was EFC manager. Also many of the things people dislike about Dyche are not going to change under Moyes. He spent a fortune at West Ham and the football was as bad as Dyche's most of the time and actually worse as they had one of the leakiest backlines in the league. He also likes a fairly extensive backroom team and I'm not sure we would have the room to hire them all tbh.

A few imperfect analogies;
If Dyche had commanded the Spartans at Thermopylae, he would have retreated after the first day , the Persians would have conquered the Greek states , and the rallying cry for freedom that has echoed down the centuries would be non existent.
If Dyche had been the OC at the Alamo , he would have evacuated the position the moment Sam Houston informed him he wouldn’t get there in time , and the Texicans would be Mexicans.

In countless away games back in the day when it was coming down heavy , Dyche wouldn’t have been one those who grabbed you by the scruff of the neck and urged you to ‘stand and fight ‘ , he would have been the one shouting ‘leg it ‘ over his shoulder as he vanished over the horizon.

Never change GOT! :lol:

The league had a very different dynamic about it back then though. It was more of a top 4 whereas its a top 6/7 now and the general levels of money floating about the league with all teams are far greater than what they were than when Moyes was EFC manager. Also many of the things people dislike about Dyche are not going to change under Moyes. He spent a fortune at West Ham and the football was as bad as Dyche's most of the time and actually worse as they had one of the leakiest backlines in the league. He also likes a fairly extensive backroom team and I'm not sure we would have the room to hire them all tbh.
I’m not at any point saying get Moyes back 😂

I’m saying we need a young and hungry manager like he once was. I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion I did say that.

That's a question, 7, 6, 14, 9. Getting 9th is surely not underachieving with them, but can see the point with getting frustrated about a play style.

They looked terrible against Villa, but invested a lot again, they can go the same way as Villa, but are probably 1-2 seasons behind of development.

wt actual?
They don't fit?
what are they - shoes?
If they don't 'Fit' why did he buy them
If he didn't buy them - why did Thewell buy a type of player the Manager doesn't want and won't play unless forced.

Shiz Show on steroids
Exactly.

But he isn't playing them until they are 'ready' to play exactly the way he wants. I don't think he can adapt tactics to players, they have to adapt to him, if you see what i mean.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back