2024/25 Sean Dyche

Why are some of our fans saying i would take 17th now? Its because of the manager
Lets say we had Emery or Howe right now with the same squad and off field stuff would fans be saying 'il bite ye hand off for 17th' no they wouldnt.

By keeping this fella the mentality by the club and the fans is as we are seeing now 'Stay in the league'

The longer we take to fire him it lowers the quality of manager we can attract next, if its done now the new manager is basically got a full season.
If we sit on our hands until November December and then we are 7-8 points adrift of safety then it becomes more difficult to attract.

I dont care what mess were in managing Everton FC (or any established club) in The PL, hundreds of managers would jump at the chance from all leagues from around Europe to come here. They will get a bigger salary than they've ever had and they would become a household name overnight.

I just want 17th

Couldn't care less how. Couldn't care less about style of play or individual crap games or crap runs of results

And I can tell you it's nothing to do with the manager or anybody else at the club lowering expectations

It's the reality of the club off the field. To me it dictates that everything else pales into insignificance in comparison with staying up. It's the be all and end all for me

You can't convince me that as of right now, we are so certain of relegation that we need to enter back into the Everton Managerial Recruitment circus and hope we come out with a good one.

And I definitely don't want us to be doing that if the only goal is to make us better to watch and so people can feel they see progress. (Because again, IMO none of that matters a bit in comparison with staying up)

I think it's the depressing truth of our situation and accepting it has made all this much easier to stomach each week

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.