2024/25 Sean Dyche

This time he did it to himself. We brought in several players and had plenty of excuses to play them and he would have been let off the hook. He isn’t really looking for solutions to our goalscoring problems during an injury crisis (which is exactly the time to look for solutions!!!). Now he has backed himself into a corner and he probably has no choice but to double down. We really need that Bournemouth game.

It would have been really nice if Jakey had gotten some experience beforehand. Ndiaye and Lestrom could have used some productive minutes. Dom wants out and has made it apparent with his effort and Dyche still opts to start him over Beto who could really use some experience and confidence.

Good on him for giving Dixon and Tim chances. He does play young players unlike some of our past managers. That isn’t enough.
Also demonstrates how bad Holgate is for dyche to opt for an academy player

Why do people keep saying his first season with us was a miracle?

He was absolutely terrible and only scraped it together when he was forced to drop Michael Keane and that was almost too late, if it wasn't for a doucoure goal we were going down, he would have been the one to take us down.

In his first few months his record was just as bad as benitez and lampard.

It was LUCK and doucoure that kept us up, not dyche.

Last season, he did ok, he wasn't amazing, he wasn't terrible, although he had more terrible moments then good ones. 4 months without a win is never acceptable for any manager and he's a lucky man to still be in a job.

This squad isn't as bad as it's made out to be (it's not great either btw) and he has even less of an excuse now because we did bring in players and he isn't using them. (He will still make excuses, that's kind of his thing)

Last season was a very, very average premier league, the teams that came up were terrible and the other teams around us were also terrible, he didn't do anything I wouldn't expect any average manager to do.

Not a miracle worker, not a genius.

A average manager who makes many excuses, who is conning people into thinking he is more than what he is, somehow.

Thank you for a ok job in rough circumstances but we won't improve until he's gone imo, which may need to be when new owners come on board, or at the end of the season if he lasts.

But one things for certain, if he doesn't try and change up soon, he genuinely may not last the season.

I do not like him, I find him arrogant, and his tactics and methodology outdated, that does not mean I don't want him to do well, I do, but I also want us to move forward as a club.

Right but so far, there's been no progression.
In fact, he's shown the same tedious form thats blighted other seasons.

2023 - Insists on keane instead of Mina
2023/24 - Starts keane ahaead of Branthwaite
2024/25 - Starts Keane ahead of O'Brian.

The team had poor results at the start of last season but they could well have been deemed unlucky. There was a fight there.
That seems to have evaporated. Pre season was miserable, the only team we beat sacked their boss after the first game.
We might scrape 17th playing terrible football, or we could change our manager and finish 12th playing somewhat entertaining football.
Christ, we fired Sam for dire footie when we finished 8th. (that was the correct thing to do)
Or we could sack the guy who has managed to keep us up over the last two seasons and take a punt...like we did on Frank Lampard.

Nah, sorry. Until the ownership changes, fans are going to have to suck up the grim reality that we are in pure survival mode. It's a disgrace, but it's where Kenwright and Moshiri have left us.

Why do people keep saying his first season with us was a miracle?

He was absolutely terrible and only scraped it together when he was forced to drop Michael Keane and that was almost too late, if it wasn't for a doucoure goal we were going down, he would have been the one to take us down.

In his first few months his record was just as bad as benitez and lampard.

It was LUCK and doucoure that kept us up, not dyche.

Last season, he did ok, he wasn't amazing, he wasn't terrible, although he had more terrible moments then good ones. 4 months without a win is never acceptable for any manager and he's a lucky man to still be in a job.

This squad isn't as bad as it's made out to be (it's not great either btw) and he has even less of an excuse now because we did bring in players and he isn't using them. (He will still make excuses, that's kind of his thing)

Last season was a very, very average premier league, the teams that came up were terrible and the other teams around us were also terrible, he didn't do anything I wouldn't expect any average manager to do.

Not a miracle worker, not a genius.

A average manager who makes many excuses, who is conning people into thinking he is more than what he is, somehow.

Thank you for a ok job in rough circumstances but we won't improve until he's gone imo, which may need to be when new owners come on board, or at the end of the season if he lasts.

But one things for certain, if he doesn't try and change up soon, he genuinely may not last the season.

I do not like him, I find him arrogant, and his tactics and methodology outdated, that does not mean I don't want him to do well, I do, but I also want us to move forward as a club.
Absolutely. For some reason people have persuaded themselves that finishing in the lower mid table with a lower mid table squad is the 8th miracle of the world.

Or we could sack the guy who has managed to keep us up over the last two seasons
We are the longest top flight club in history
Keeping us up is not the achievement people have lately been making it out to be.
Plenty of under performing over payed players over the last few years but the best managers sort out under performing players

Dyche plays Keane and Young full stop
That is not worthy of praise. It is almost as if he doesn't look at our results when those play, especially Keane
Keeping Everton in the league should not be lauded, and every manager should be looking up the table, not actively lowering expectations to make their own lives easier

I think it's fair to say he is not capable of turning us into Guardiola-era Barcelona. At best, with a stable environment, he might be able to take us into the top eight. But would he really have us play "attractive" football? I don't think so.

His job requirement right now, though, is 17th - and style is irrelevant. When the job requirement changes, our manager will change. One way or the other.
He won’t be taking us top 8
Mate, heavy weekend i guess, you can’t go from 12th to 17th he needs moving on as soon as we’re safe, unless he’s sacked before that

We are the longest top flight club in history
Keeping us up is not the achievement people have lately been making it out to be.
Plenty of under performing over payed players over the last few years but the best managers sort out under performing players

Dyche plays Keane and Young full stop
That is not worthy of praise. It is almost as if he doesn't look at our results when those play, especially Keane
Keeping Everton in the league should not be lauded, and every manager should be looking up the table, not actively lowering expectations to make their own lives easier
I agree - but have you looked at who is running our club?

Sack the manager again, work away. But nothing fundamental changes until the ownership changes.

I'm amazed people think we can draw a veil over the absolute car crash in the boardroom by imagining things on the pitch can be exciting if only we had a different manager.

I'm all for exciting football. But I realise that aint happening until we have proper owners.

He won’t be taking us top 8
Mate, heavy weekend i guess, you can’t go from 12th to 17th he needs moving on as soon as we’re safe, unless he’s sacked before that
I don't think he will do anything more than keep us safe. But that is the job description until we have new owners.

Everything else is (understandable) delusional wishful thinking.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back