2024/25 Sean Dyche

Apart from Doucoure at Watford? James was one of the best number 10s in the world and Allan had played CL football at Napoli and was a Brazilian international. All of them had arrived earlier in the pre season too.

Lindstrom needed an U21 game just to get fit enough to still look rusty against a league 2 side. He looks nowhere near ready to start a PL game yet, I’m sure he will do in time but I don’t see what the massive issue is, he was clearly miles behind where he needed to be with his fitness.

O’Brien was just in the door, he might not have even been fully familiar with all the set piece drills yet or with how the line pushes up and drops off and who makes those calls between the defenders and keeper. I’m sure he’ll displace Keane this season as Branthwaite did last season once fit.

All these players will more than likely end up being first team players for the vast majority of the season and moving forward beyond that. It’s not Armageddon because they didn’t start exactly when some fans wanted them to.
Nah, play Ndiaye as a false 9, Lindstrom through the middle, Beto as a right back, Keane as a striker and Pickford on the wing. Why can't Dyche see what the fans see!?

Nah, play Ndiaye as a false 9, Lindstrom through the middle, Beto as a right back, Keane as a striker and Pickford on the wing. Why can't Dyche see what the fans see!?
He could coach some actual football , play some players who can control the ball and have a modicum of football intelligence.
That’s all I’m asking , I’m not expecting him to turn us into Man City , I would just like a team that was prepared to compete in midfield to try and gain the initiative occasionally .
I’m bored to tears watched a team that surrenders that initiative constantly and spends most of the game huddled fearfully in their own half for 70% of the game. I would like to watch a team who could fashion a cogent attack that was varied and intelligent and wasn’t mostly based on Hoof !!
Is that too much to ask for ?
With this manager seemingly it is .
I would like my pessimism to be proven wrong this Saturday , but I fully accept I’m pursuing a false hope .

This is a hard truth to tell you, but you’re an addict, mate. Your low sense of self worth has led you to place your entire identity in a football team and your existential mood depends on its results every weekend.

Everton are your Ritalin. The chemicals you need to wear a convincing mask of existence. And when you don’t get those chemicals you go wild. WILD. The Everton Manager is the gatekeeper of the wins you need to feel alright and you’ve positioned him as the enemy in this low budget self loathing movie you pitched yourself as the lead role in.

There is no short term pain long term gain in your world. There is no patience as a competitive edge for the Everton Manager. Circumstances means nothing. You’re just in it for your Everton feel good chemicals every weekend or like any addict deprived of their drug, they become feral and wild in obtaining what they crave.

Dyche is your rehab. Book in and heal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back