2024/25 Sean Dyche

Could see it coming towards the end, they started throwing it all at us and we looked panicked and leggy. Doucoure and Beto both pointless and baffling substitutions. All he needed to do was to make the 'Weir sub' and bring O'brien on and play 5 at the back, would have even brought on Young for Coleman and Garner for Gueye as they both looked shattered. Moyes wins that game 2-0 ..

Dyche "To dominate for that long and come out of it with nothing is incredibly frustrating... We're still playing one-twos and going for overlaps and I'm like 'Why? You don't need to. You're in control of the game'. "

What the hell?
If only there was someone who could “manage” the players, and give them instructions on such occasions.

Ah well. It’ll remain another one of life’s mysteries I guess.

Dyche "To dominate for that long and come out of it with nothing is incredibly frustrating... We're still playing one-twos and going for overlaps and I'm like 'Why? You don't need to. You're in control of the game'. "

What the hell?
Trying to score more is where we went wrong.

Jesus Christ. He really doesn’t understand what happened today.

“DO THE UGLY SIDE OF THE GAME LADS”

A Northern Premier League West division manager wouldn’t shout that. What are we doing here?
Panic stations all over. Jusst get rid of it lad! GET RID!!! Bloody hell, we needed to hold on to it and control the match, like we were doing. Don't pass it between each other, just hoof.

Get this clown out of here

'Everyone was looking at someone else to deal with it'published at 17:23 British Summer Time
17:23 BST​

FT: Everton 2-3 Bournemouth
3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg.webp
Everton
Everton boss Sean Dyche, speaking to MOTD:
"We did so much right until they scored their first goal. I think they had one shot on target before then. The game should have been out of sight. We conceded one and then threw it away. I can't put my finger on it right now.
"They kept raining it forward and got their reward in the end. The Premier League you have to play to the last breath of the game and we simply didn't but they did. They were playing it forward and crossing it into the box and we didn't deal with it. Simple stuff but we threw it away. It is the third game we have thrown away this season.
"YYou have to kill teams off at every levelou have to kill teams off at every level, but particularly at this level. Everyone was looking at someone else to deal with things and that is when there is trouble. You could see the body language change.
"You have to see games through and we have enough experience to do that, but today we didn't."
We could've killed the game by making proactive changes. Expecting players who have no energy left to just work harder is folly.

The players have flapped it but from like the 60th minute I was going why doesn't he make a few subs now the game is 2-0 it's a chance to give O'brien, Dixon minutes, fresh legs with Garner in midfield and give Beto longer than a few minutes. He's runs players into the ground, did the same first few months of last season and then we're knackered from December onwards and start getting injuries.

This makes no sense because we played really good football today. It's not because of dross football that we lost today.
You're taking a 1 game sample size and projecting it, every team has entertaining games even the bad boring ones.

The average Sean Dyche Everton performance looks exactly like it did at Burnley, there's no signs of any progression happening.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back