2024/25 Sean Dyche

The fans were fantastic today, and were still supportive even after the first. People only started leaving in numbers after the third, which is understandable.

I'm not one for booing and would rarely defend it, however the displeasure at the end was deserved. There haven't been as frustrating games as that today!
No one would boo today, if the game was won the way it was good in the majority... Doesn't help in the end.

The fans were fantastic today, and were still supportive even after the first. People only started leaving in numbers after the third, which is understandable.

I'm not one for booing and would rarely defend it, however the displeasure at the end was deserved. There haven't been as frustrating games as that today!
The fans were great, but the disconnect with the fans and Dyche is starting to show. All excuses from him to deflect from the simple fact he got it horribly wrong the last 10 mins.

Usually I'd blame the players for the position we've found ourselves in, but there are some good footballers in that team now that a better manager would get better results out of.

I would not be arsed if he was sacked. They've shown they can play football in patches, maybe it's time for a manager that can build on that.
Kev is partially to blame for leaving positions bare and not working with the manager. But Dyche could have given Dixon a go today after Coleman’s legs gave out. Dyche could have opted to bring in Obrien when Bournemouth had scored (hell he could have done it before that). Dyche could have brought in Garner to freshen up the central midfield. Dyche could have given Lestrom, Ndiaye and Obrien more experience before the game today.

At the end of the day Dyche is a massive coward and didn’t try to make the best of the situation. He is getting what he deserves.

To anyone saying "a new manager isn't going to change anything", Villa were bottom of the league when they sacked the tit and brought in Emery. Literally the same group went from relegation to Europe in the same season.

Dyche is a crap manager who has no idea what to do except blame everyone else.
Don’t you know; it’s impossible to get this team playing, the best managers in the world couldn’t do it. Sean Dyche is the saviour

If we'd seen out the result, most fans would have walked out incredibly happy - if not lauding the players with praise. But we lost, and in an embarrassing way!
Exactly, I'd go as far the first 80min certainly were top 10 of all games since Carlo left....

Team fought, was tenacious, tried to score a 2nd and 3rd not sit back in the defense after a overdue 1:0.

5-6 good chances created, barely any chances admitted. Some direct football, good ball wins. Really a lot of positive things....

I care about Everton not Dyche, but the thing is that if we had our usual CB pairing today we win with ease.

It's ok saying get shut of Dyche but IMO if we keep him we stay up and by some margin. He's done it for two previous seasons and he'll get us safe again. We change him at our own peril because, although I think we now have a few players brought in to allow us to play a different way with another manager who'll focus on possession more, the danger is we get the choice wrong and then relegation really does become a reality.

The old idiom is applicable here that it's better the devil you know.

Does Dyche not realise that the result was 99% on him, a clearly tiring team from 65 minutes on, bournemouth do five subs beteeen the 65-77th minute further exposing how tired some of our lads are after a fantastic effort, he just sits there doing sweet f a, u til.the 83rd minute taking off our best player who was the most comfortable receiving it and bringing on Doucoure, team after that lost all cohesion.

Meanwhile Tim looked absolutely goosed meaning Gueye started getting exposed from 60 on, Harrison exhausted from 65, strong bench with Lindstrom Garner, hell O'Brien sitting there too.

Absolutely amongst the worst game management I've ever seen from a manager.

@GrandOldTeam mate, we showed today two things, picking the right players and letting them play we can be way more attacking, and teo we showed that Dyches innate philosophy will hanstring us all sesson.

+10.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back