2024/25 Sean Dyche

They brought 5 subs on, that’s half a team. Their legs were fresh and ours were dead on their feet, that’s why they were all over us in the last 10 minutes. The manager is still living in 2003 where you have 5 subs on the bench and are only allowed to use 3 maximum. He hasn’t adjusted to modern football and doesn’t even look like he wants to or is trying to. He needs binning.

This.

He has a decentish 20 players bar the full backs. Use them.

What did Dyche do to change the match at the end? I didnt watch it, but some posts make it sound like he put a gk in as cb or something.
It's a mixture of what he did do, and what he didn't do

He took off DCL and Ndiaye who were pushing Bournemouth back. Doucoure put in a dreadful performance.

And he also left on our midfielders and full backs who were running out of steam

Bournemouth made lots of subs and had fresh legs and we didn't react... as normal with Dyche. His in game management would be poor on the sidelines at a park in the Sunday league.

What did Dyche do to change the match at the end? I didnt watch it, but some posts make it sound like he put a gk in as cb or something.

Well.

He brought our best player off for Abdoulaye Doucoure, a man who doesn’t know what his feet are doing at the best of times. This meant that we relinquished any control of the midfield.

Then he brought on Beto for DCL. This left us without any focal point to win headers or hold the ball up, which means Bournemouth could play on the half way line and camp us in our own half.

He left Garner on the bench when we were crying out for fresh legs as Tim was knackered. He also left O’Brien on the bench despite their first two goals showing that we could not deal with crosses coming into the box. The winning goal came from a back post header where Keane was caught ball watching and letting his man ghost in at the back stick.

He used 2 out of the 5 subs available to him, whereas their manager used all 5 subs with loads of time remaining. They basically had half a fresh team going into the last 20 minutes and our players were running on fumes, while players sat on the bench and watched.

So there’s all that, I suppose.

Don't disagree mate. But bringing on Young wouldn't necessarily have saved us was my point

What about bringing Garner on for Tim who was blowing? What about bringing O’Brien on to deal with the crosses that Coleman was allowing to rain in on our penalty area? What about bringing Lindstrom on instead of Doucoure to actually help us keep possession?

Ive calmed slightly, but that was bad.

FFS.

The first 85 minutes it was the best ive seen us for a while, Derby aside, but that last 10minutes, my God.

Meh, see you after the International break.
I can't decompress from this one yet no matter how many distractions I try.

And the thing is, I know that after one glorious second of forgetfulness after I wake up tomorrow morning the memory of that last 10 minutes will smack me into a depressed mood for the day. But I'm angry Goat, angry at the team that capitulated like that but more at the prehistoric, excuse spinning incompetent that we have as a manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back