2024/25 Sean Dyche

I have to defend Dyche on the subs.

Everybody has 20:20 hindsight when the game is finished but at the time, I didn’t think the subs were the wrong ones.

Either way, in no world should taking a winger off have led to a total capitulation, conceding 3 goals in 7 minutes.

The players have to take accountability for folding, there.

I sense danger that down that route.

I really hope we pick up a win or draw in the next tw games or I think the club will act and fire Dyche. Then we really are the mercy of fate in terms of who they employ.

All I know is that the feller in cg-harge can keep us safe as he has done twice before...his successor will be an unknown quantity in that respect.

My overall view right now is to stick with Dyche. But if we aren't turning this round soon then I could see the case being a strong one to get shut. That's somewhere we really dont want to be though. Stability is key for a football club.
Of course there's a risk down that route but there's a risk in retaining the status quo. I see in another post you've said no win after the Leicester game and you'd be worried. I think that's fair. I'd go earlier personally but if we go five without a win whilst conceding like crazy in the first three it's hard to make an argument that there's less risk in sticking than twisting.

Everybody has 20:20 hindsight when the game is finished but at the time, I didn’t think the subs were the wrong ones.

Either way, in no world should taking a winger off have led to a total capitulation, conceding 3 goals in 7 minutes.

Sod off lad, he made his fist dub on 83, when players had been running in fumes for 20 minutes.

He also made the wrong sub

Not sure it's hindsight when people seen it coming after the subs in the match thread, even Dyche said he sensed something when they made it 2-1 but he didn't react

I sense danger that down that route.

I really hope we pick up a win or draw in the next two games or I think the club will act and fire Dyche. Then we really are at the mercy of fate in terms of who they employ.

All I know is that the feller in charge right now can keep us safe as he has done twice before...his successor will be an unknown quantity in that respect.

My overall view right now is to stick with Dyche. But if we aren't turning this round soon then I could see the case being a strong one to get shut. That's somewhere we really dont want to be though. Stability is key for a football club.
No Dave, simply no.

Today was an embarrassment and showed exactly why Dyche is wrong for us .

It is very rare to see a manager take off the players playing best when they're causing the opposition huge problems
It was a spectacular own goal and I reckon many thought it was wrong at the time

The change he made with Ndiaye was mad. The difference he made today was that Bournemouth had to sit back because they knew he was a real danger. By putting Doucoure on, they knew we’d be back to same old Everton and immediately made the most of it and started playing in our half. If he had to take him off, that change was not the one to do. I’m sick of him. I hope he gets sacked tonight or better still, walks. His football and his attitude stink!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back