2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche has not won a game in August since 2019 (I believe?). You cannot take a step forward like that. We are trying to get out of the relegation scrap. I think he did what he could in the first year and was hard done in year 2. Now that he doesn’t have excuses, he is still failing to show any growth. His time is coming. If he lasts the season, it will likely because it’s his last year and ownership situation is in shambles.

And Everton since 2021, 3 seasons in a row of his coaching career without a win in August. Why 3 seasons (2020 were no games in August), 2022 he was out of management.

4 vs 48 games.

Last edited:
And Everton since 2021, 3 seasons in a row of his coaching career without a win in August. Why 3 seasons (2020 were no games in August), 2022 he was out of management.
And Burnley were relegated with him. The team has to progress and that is not happening. Kev shares some blame. Dyche isn’t looking towards the future with the likes of Keane, Doucore and Ashley Young in his match selections.

And Burnley were relegated with him. The team has to progress and that is not happening. Kev shares some blame. Dyche isn’t looking towards the future with the likes of Keane, Doucore and Ashley Young in his match selections.

Yes, the difference is Burnley will always be that small club fighting to survive,while Everton is a potential club to be top half/EL, but underperforming for years.

My point there hasn't changed, righteously was picked over Bielsa, but never should have had the contract for 2.5 years and said he is not good enough long term.

If it's only style, but the results are alright, I'd say no way we should do it now. Stupid waste of money, let it expire. Then go for a better manger.

But results, ingame-management, selections in combination are a justified reason.

Yes, the difference is Burnley will always be that small club fighting to survive,while Everton is a potential club to be top half/EL, but underperforming for years.

My point there hasn't changed, righteously was picked over Bielsa, but never should have had the contract for 2.5 years and said he is not good enough long term.

If it's only style, but the results are alright, I'd say no way we should do it now. Stupid waste of money, let it expire. Then go for a better manger.

But results, ingame-management, selections in combination are a justified reason.
It really depends on who is available. If it is someone decent, you grab him ASAP. Moshiri has to sell though which still seems a way off.

He worked miracles to save us last season and the season before, but we seem to be in terminal decline.

Having said that, we will be much stronger defensively when Branthwaite is back in the team.

Take van Dyke out of the RS' team and they just aren't the same side.

It really depends on who is available. If it is someone decent, you grab him ASAP. Moshiri has to sell though which still seems a way off.
I don't disagree with that, but not in precarious financial situation like Everton where a manager sacking should only be done if the results are as bad as there is no other resort like last spring after Bournemouth or increasingly now again.

We got to hire better managers at first surely...

He worked miracles to save us last season and the season before, but we seem to be in terminal decline.

Having said that, we will be much stronger defensively when Branthwaite is back in the team.

Take van Dyke out of the RS' team and they just aren't the same side.
He didn’t work miracles to save us, he has done what he has always done in that he has managed a side to be relegation fodder. He can make a poor side be not bad enough to be relegated he can’t manage a poor side to be average. He starts the season with the view that we won’t be relegated, his whole focus is on not being relegated. We need a manager who can look up rather a not looking down.

He didn’t work miracles to save us, he has done what he has always done in that he has managed a side to be relegation fodder. He can make a poor side be not bad enough to be relegated he can’t manage a poor side to be average. He starts the season with the view that we won’t be relegated, his whole focus is on not being relegated. We need a manager who can look up rather a not looking down.

Brighton (H) 0-3
Spurs (A) 0-4
Bournemouth (H) 2-3
Villa (A) L
Leicester (A) L
Palace (H) D

Let say 6 games 1 point going into October. For those who still ok with him at this moment, would that be enough to change your mind?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back