2024/25 Sean Dyche

He didn’t work miracles to save us, he has done what he has always done in that he has managed a side to be relegation fodder. He can make a poor side be not bad enough to be relegated he can’t manage a poor side to be average. He starts the season with the view that we won’t be relegated, his whole focus is on not being relegated. We need a manager who can look up rather a not looking down.
Last season he managed a poor side to be average. Dyche is awful and I'd back sacking him, but that is unquestionably true.

Our managers don't get sacked unless there's mass fan unrest. Right now it appears the majority of match going fans still support him. Mad.

What was he thinking bringing on an obviously finished Doucoure? Ndiaye by far man of the match and wasn't tiring badly, still looked a threat when on the ball.

The defeat 100% on the manager, but as usual he hasn't acknowledged it. Get Keane, Coleman, Young and Doucoure as far away from the squad as possible ffs. We had Dixon and Garner just sat there on the bench, utilise them to kill off the game. Unreal.

Last edited:
Our managers don't get sacked unless there's mass fan unrest. Right now it appears the majority of match going fans still support him. Mad.

What was he thinking bringing on an obviously finished Doucoure? Ndiaye by far man of the match and wasn't tiring badly, still looked a threat when on the ball.

The defeat 100% on the manager, but as usual he hasn't acknowledged it. Get Keane, Coleman, Young and Doucoure as far away from the squad as possible ffs. We had Dixon and Garner just sat there on the bench, utilise them to kill off the game. Unreal.
What if we lose the next two league games?

He is meant to keep the backline solid and keep us up. It’s a disaster these 2 home games.

I think many of us know this isn’t true.

Dyche has made mistakes and his Football is dour. He’s not the most likeable and I don’t expect he will be our manager in 2 years time, however he is an experienced manager that knows how to keep teams in the Premier League, which is all we need him for right now.

This squad is short on quality across the pitch. It lacks depth and pace in all areas. Games like today show it’s short of leaders, too. Forget the manager; it’s a team that has all the hallmarks of one that goes down.

Dyche kept us up last season, I’ll take my chances again before we roll the dice with anyone else. Any manager worth their salt wouldn’t want to come into this mess until we have new owners.
2 yrs ffs can I go in a coma till then

O2 yrs ffs can I go in a coma till then
I think many of us know this isn’t true.

Dyche has made mistakes and his Football is dour. He’s not the most likeable and I don’t expect he will be our manager in 2 years time, however he is an experienced manager that knows how to keep teams in the Premier League, which is all we need him for right now.

This squad is short on quality across the pitch. It lacks depth and pace in all areas. Games like today show it’s short of leaders, too. Forget the manager; it’s a team that has all the hallmarks of one that goes down.

Dyche kept us up last season, I’ll take my chances again before we roll the dice with anyone else. Any manager worth their salt wouldn’t want to come into this mess until we have new owners.
Jesus how many more excuses can you make. No leadrrs, Pickford, Coleman, Keane Tarkowski, gana. He bangs on about experience and our best player so far is a 20yr old kid and yesterday Ndaiye who I think has hardly every started a game in the prem in his life

What if we lose the next two league games?

He is meant to keep the backline solid and keep us up. It’s a disaster these 2 home games.
He's got the safest job in the league.

He's convinced people that we're a club that ought to fight relegation every season, despite actually having 3/4 of a really good squad now: Pickford, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, O'Brien, Garner, Gueye, Ndiaye - these would get in any starting XI from the 'worst' 10 teams in this league.

Yes we're lacking massively in some areas, but as a manager you've got to compensate for that by picking a team accordingly.

There are no longer arguments for selecting BOTH of McNeil and Harrison, for EVER starting Keane, Doucoure or Young, yet that's exactly what he does.

He's got the safest job in the league.

He's convinced people that we're a club that ought to fight relegation every season, despite actually having 3/4 of a really good squad now: Pickford, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, O'Brien, Garner, Gueye, Ndiaye - these would get in any starting XI from the 'worst' 10 teams in this league.

Yes we're lacking massively in some areas, but as a manager you've got to compensate for that by picking a team accordingly.

There are no longer arguments for selecting BOTH of McNeil and Harrison, for EVER starting Keane, Doucoure or Young, yet that's exactly what he does.
Do you think we will sack him if we get 1 point in the next 3 matches?

Off the top of my head: Both Pochettino and Potter are sitting around, twiddling their thumbs and doing nothing at the moment... And both would do a better job than Dyche.

But as per usual, we have no ambition, and we'll wait until the last possible minute before making a change!
Probably only after the takeover because it appears that Moshiri doesn't give a toss any more.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back