2024/25 Sean Dyche

Subs for me would have been Garner for Tim and Lindstrom for Harrison.

Bringing on fresh legs and stopping then being able to overload us out wide.
There was a pass in the second half where Tim played a poor ball to Harrison straight out of play you could see he was running on empty! He was the one to take off.

He’s that bad of a manager I’m convinced he’s trolling us now!

Subs were wrong , should have been garner for Tim who was spent.
I would have left the other two on.
Another thing I was going mad about after there second why didn't he make a few subs take ages about it let are team settle and break there momentum?
If that had been Newcastle they would have been falling all over the pitch rolling about for ages to stop that tempo.
I have tried to give him a chance its a hard job he has got, but it's looking like amateur hour with him now,
one dimensional, boring and losing Football that the fans don't enjoy and it looks like the players don't either.
Does he not seriously think every manager in the country knows his one tactic?
Nothing to surprise anybody at all.
Honestly think he knows he will be gone soon.
Definitely will not be here next season
No connection with the fans at all either, doesn't even try.
I am finished with him completely, even if we stay up I honestly am already worried I want him gone.
Agreed. Week after week his hesitancy and rigidity in making substitutions (and then making them badly) costs us. It also seems that for all the 'noise' about beep tests and similar machismo coaching stuff .. Dyche can't get a team to really compete with commitment and passion for 90+ minutes.

His subs are generally poor, but as everton , we surely must have learnt that getting a new manager basically every year for the last decade is probably why we are so bad.
He always rabbits on about ‘premier league experience’ so I ghibk us fans should start repeating ‘Dyche doesn’t tactical experience at the highest level about when best to make substitutions’. He needs to get his UEFA coaching bages and attend upgraded mandatory training via ‘ le badge d'entraîneur de la journée des gaffers’

The Ndiaye sub was totally unnecessary. Bringing on Doucoure rather than Garner made it far worse.

Bringing on Beto also made things much worse too.

It was just as much the subs he did make, as the subs he didn't make. The 2 subs he did make were absurd and the decision to not use 3 other opportunities for fresh legs was also absurd.

You had Garner sitting there fresh, O'Brien ego could have came on if we wanted to try to shut up shop at 2-0, Lindstrom who could have came on for Harrison to stretch them on the counter the way Ndiaye was in the other side.

We took off by far our biggest influence shifted McNeil to the left and from that moment on we lost any ability to keep Bournemouth honest as we had zero outlet or ability to keep hold of it anymore. Dixon for a dead on his feet Coleman also was an option.

It’s true, we have no money or leadership at the top of the club, so unlikely he gets sacked. But you’d like to think that the parties interested in buying the club (Textor etc) would be putting some pressure on Moshiri to do something. Any potential new owner won’t want to be buying a club heading for the championship.
Textor already seems to have done bits with transfers from Lyon, who’s to say he won’t be having words with Moshiri about Dyche.
Just a thought.

Agreed. Week after week his hesitancy and rigidity in making substitutions (and then making them badly) costs us. It also seems that for all the 'noise' about beep tests and similar machismo coaching stuff .. Dyche can't get a team to really compete with commitment and passion for 90+ minutes.
If you look at a few of are defeats. It's the other managers , making subs , changing tactics,
he is like a rabbit in the headlights
Just sits there and doesn't react or does it to late.
Honestly don't recall a manager who makes baffling use of subs and we have seen a few.
He is a limited manager , more suit to the division below than the prem.
He has been found put by the other managers and now the Everton fans are turning, his record is shocking look at the number of losing and poor results u der him it's shocking , you would be hard pressed to get a run of five decent results since he has been here.

Well , the morning after and I’m still struggling to understand the terrible decisions Dyche made .
Until that point we were in control , Ndiaye and DCL were a constant threat to Bournemouth.they couldn’t ignore which limited their ability to drive forward and get back in the game.
There were so many options on the bench to use for tiring players , O’ Brien and Dixon to strengthen the defence in place of Coleman , Lindstrøm to replace the tiring Harrison , Garner to replace Iroegbunam.
Any combination of the above would have made sense and that’s without considering Armstrong or Young.
Yet he chose to replace our two most effective players, and from that point Bournemouth are released to overwhelm our midfield sweep forward overwhelming our defence.
It’s a master class in how not to see a game out .
His poor or ineffective in game management has been noted even by his supporters at Burnley .
But yesterday bordered on negligence and abject stupidity.
Dyche lacks the ability to manage our club and we will not prosper whilst he remains.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back