2024/25 Sean Dyche

Why though? Why has he never tried to rectify this in his career?

Who cares why Mike

He’s not our long term manager.

The point I believe was, this is bad, but it’s nothing new for him.

I’d still say it’s likely he will start picking up points at a decent enough rate to suggest we will stay up again. Especially if other teams are floundering as bad or worse (plus a points deduction for Leicester, although I’ve no idea if that seems a sure thing)

6 PL wins since 16th December 2023 is bad since the 16th December 2023, never mind just August.

It's actually 5 isn't it? Including 3 of the bottom 4 at home.

22 points from the last 24 games is relegtion form. Win yesterday though and it's 25 points from 24 games which looks better.

59 points from 49 PL games overall is okay in the circumstances, although we were a goal away from relegtion ultimately.

Who cares why Mike

He’s not our long term manager.

The point I believe was, this is bad, but it’s nothing new for him.

I’d still say it’s likely he will start picking up points at a decent enough rate to suggest we will stay up again. Especially if other teams are floundering as bad or worse (plus a points deduction for Leicester, although I’ve no idea if that seems a sure thing)

If he loses the next two, which are both away games, you`ve got to surely think that his job would be in extreme jeopardy ?

What I can`t get my head around, is if the players are gassed after 70 mins, what`s the point of his so called " Gaffers Days " ?

Doesn't it just take them time to get their sharpness back? Hence August is a struggle and then they pick up. Look at the difference between August last year and then the next few months.

What I can`t get my head around, is if the players are gassed after 70 mins, what`s the point of his so called " Gaffers Days " ?
His pre seasons clearly don't work and it appears never have. Don't know if it's too much or too little fitness work but there's clearly an issue (including injuries).

I also wonder if he gets undone tactically more before we get into the proper grind of the season. Both the last two matches were lost after the opposition manager made tactical tweaks and Dyche didn't respond/responded badly.

His pre seasons clearly don't work and it appears never have. Don't know if it's too much or too little fitness work but there's clearly an issue (including injuries).

I also wonder if he gets undone tactically more before we get into the proper grind of the season. Both the last two matches were lost after the opposition manager made tactical tweaks and Dyche didn't respond/responded badly.
He is just a crap manager in every respect...

Why though? Why has he never tried to rectify this in his career?

And this stubbornness is why he needs legging now.

Has he ever tried something different or reflected on why this is the case?

You'll laugh but I think this squad has outgrown him with the additions we've made.

No way should Harrison, McNeil, Ndiaye, Lindstrøm, Garner, Tim, Broja, Mangala all be either playing every minute of every game or none at all.

They should be all utilised as their is enough talent to have them contribute to winning games.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back