2024/25 Sean Dyche

Absolutely nobody had a problem with Lampard getting sacked when he did. In fact roughly 100% of people think he wasn’t sacked soon enough. Why are we rewriting history, what are we doing.
That's because he had a 24 percent win ratio when he was sacked , Hardly anyone would have been begging for him to be sacked if he had a 35 percent win ratio.

I can't understand why Lampard was more popular ? When Dyche's Burnley side came from behind to beat us that season not as many people wanted him out.

Lampard had a 24 percent win ratio and was more popular than Dyche who has a 35 percent win ratio, Strange one 🤔
As a human being I can understand.

Dyche doesn''t do a favour commenting everything about fans etc.

But as a manager, Dyche is superior.

Because I'm comparing his record to the current manager and questioning why he was more popular with a worse record.
I think it’s fair to say people liked Lampard more than Dyche and as such he was given more leeway.

You can reasonably argue that’s unfair, but it is human nature.

Dyche has done nothing to build a bond with the fans. So the fans will reject him sooner.

Only been here 18 months mate, what could he possibly effect in that time frame? Not got his own players either, just the 4 from Burnley along with Harris, Gana, Mykolenko, DCL, and Coleman who are all "run hard" Dyche types.

Typical Evertonian expecting European football every season.

(Sarcasm if that isn't clear)
Mate I am disappointed that we are 9 points off Man city and it's only 1st Sept, we can forget the league

I think it’s fair to say people liked Lampard more than Dyche and as such he was given more leeway.

You can reasonably argue that’s unfair, but it is human nature.

Dyche has done nothing to build a bond with the fans. So the fans will reject him sooner.
Yep , its all about image , its like politics.

I can't understand why Lampard was more popular ? When Dyche's Burnley side came from behind to beat us that season not as many people wanted him out.

Lampard had a 24 percent win ratio and was more popular than Dyche who has a 35 percent win ratio, Strange one 🤔
I've come to the conclusion Lampard should have been given more time based on the arguments for Dyche.
When you compare the two there isn't much separation besides Dyche being given a longer leash.

Lampard: saved us from relegation last day of season.
Dyche: saved us from relegation last day of season.

Lampard: went on a winless run of 13? Was sacked.
Dyche: winless run of 14. Wasn't sacked, fluked 3 wins in a week and is now somehow a "miracle worker"

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back