2024/25 Sean Dyche

Miles better than any of ours soon got disillusioned by Dyche ball and who can blame him watching the ball going over his head. He is a footballer who wants to play football. Find a pub team to ruin Sean please!!!

Whilst I agree with some of your points mate, are there managers at amateur level who could boast wins over managers like Klopp, Emery, Arteta & Pochettino ? As thats what Dyche has achieved since being EFC manager.

Its important to bring some form of balance to the discussion.

Pulis' agent held discussions with EFC's hierarchy on two seperate occasions during managerial searches. Kenwright was open to giving him an interview but Moshiri/Usmanov were not impressed.

Was mentioned on an ITK podcast a while back.
Kenwright's dead so we won't be speaking to Pulis thankfully

Is it any wonder we are were we are if he was still getting considered for a job at this club not so long ago.

….drifted out to 3-1 in places, ten Hag challenging him in the race to be next manager sacked;

IMG_0143.jpeg

I know some like to argue that Dyche's purpose is to keep us up. But at what point do you move on from that?
You are completely right mate, he is just reducing expectations. Most teams are beatable, same fanboys of Dyche who talk about his derby victory, are saying we should accept defeat against Brighton. Dyche has been lucky, last season when we played Spurs at home, Spurs should of been 3-1 up, by time Dyche made subs. Unsurprisingly putting Beto and Chermiti on gave us a greater threat.

Yes, for financial reasons Everton cannot afford to go down. But we shouldn't be in a relegation battle like in 2 of the last 3 seasons either.

It would mean a huge sell out, and I doubt whether we could afford a team to be competitive to quickly go up again.

We were only in a relegation battle last season as we had points taken away.

I think he's for the most part gotten the players to buy in (Benitez couldn't do) and given the squad and the team structure (something Lampard couldn't do).

Yes there is the next step, I don't think he can get us there, but I don't think we're ready for it yet either. We're still skint, the same absentee owner remains and a thin squad. I know he's not moving on from some players as quickly as some would like, but Tim has started the first three matches when he could have easily stuck Doucoure there, Doucoure was the first player subbed in the first two matches until he was on the bench and N'Diaye had the MOTM performance.

I don't think he's a stuck in his ways as many others do. But again, I don't think we're ready to move on to the next step. The club is still a dumpster fire. I have a hard time believing a manager, who has options, would pick us over another better run club at the moment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back