2024/25 Sean Dyche

In the Doom Loop that is Everton, there is no point getting aerated and wanting Dyche sacked

- no board or owner who cares enough to pull the trigger
- no money for compo
- only three games in (although three big losses is very bigly bad)
- no sane manager would touch EFC at present … and I don’t want Moyes back (never works)
- In theory, he has a better squad this season so should, in time, get results
- Branthwaite will save his job

I know some like to argue that Dyche's purpose is to keep us up. But at what point do you move on from that?

When the club also moves on from that.

The club is still in a cycle of us being an instable mess with cash issues from top to bottom. We are scraping transfers together every season and are plagued by takeover rumours and deductions still.

I know it's only Doncaster, but we put in a very solid professional performance mid-week and then on Saturday we were fantastic for 80ish minutes, we looked comfortable and in a place where we should have no trouble staying in the division.

The question is how it's both mentally impacted the players and manager. He has two weeks now where we can regroup, should get some players back to fitness and lead into the Villa game with either a changed mindset, or mental damage.

What does worry me though is how crucial Timmy and Ndiaye look like they could be to us. If we lose either of those players, the dynamism of the side dramatically decreases.

19th October we play Ipswich away. Between then we have Villa (A), Southampton (H) (Cup), Leicester (A), Palace (H), Newcastle (H). Between then is the second international break.

If we don't pick up c. 6+ points in those games, I think he's going to be under severe pressure.
I didn't think it was a solid, professional performance against Doncaster. For the first half you would have struggled to know which team play in the Premier League.

We were only in a relegation battle last season as we had points taken away.

I think he's for the most part gotten the players to buy in (Benitez couldn't do) and given the squad and the team structure (something Lampard couldn't do).

Yes there is the next step, I don't think he can get us there, but I don't think we're ready for it yet either. We're still skint, the same absentee owner remains and a thin squad. I know he's not moving on from some players as quickly as some would like, but Tim has started the first three matches when he could have easily stuck Doucoure there, Doucoure was the first player subbed in the first two matches until he was on the bench and N'Diaye had the MOTM performance.

I don't think he's a stuck in his ways as many others do. But again, I don't think we're ready to move on to the next step. The club is still a dumpster fire. I have a hard time believing a manager, who has options, would pick us over another better run club at the moment.

No, we wouldn't tbf. It's why I said 2 of the last 3 seasons were direct relegation battle. It looks like another one is following now.

it's an absolute travesty that this season especially being the last at Goodison looks like it's going to follow the previous few years of relegation battles but at the same time hardly a surprise.

It's also a waste of energy calling for/hoping Dyche to be sacked.

Our club is spineless. There's no one in the clubs hierarchy who has any interest in making a decision on that level.

Colin Chong has already done the job he was brought in to do, Stadium almost ready for handover back to the club and Laing O'Rourke have been paid in full.

Moshiri and Usmanov are only now interested in the repetitive debt loading of failed takeover attempts and whatever ponzi scheme involvements they've had with 777 and A Cap.

As bad as some of the stats are with Dyche he has kept us up twice and given the club wouldn't sack him between those two Burnley wins last season he still has a lot of time left.

Thelwell even as DOF usually that position is ahead of the manager but the Everton structure is a bit of a free for all with no leadership or accountability.

Well either Amadou Onana has transformed overnight or the standard of his coach has transformed overnight, not sure which.

I lived Onana with us and felt he had more to show, however I also think he can take his foot off the gas once he’s comfortable / shown his ability.
I’ll reserve judgement until he’s done it consistently for a bit longer yet.

I didn't think it was a solid, professional performance against Doncaster. For the first half you would have struggled to know which team play in the Premier League.
Overall it was, but the first half was bad surely, but it wasn't really out of motivational reasons for me.

I think shouldn't neglect the factor team cohesion there, you saw that this team hasn't played together like that on pre-season etc, some sequences clearly proofed that. It's something a manager is responsible for to a certain extent in the end.

Worked better on saturday already.

Dyche is everything the club has historically not been,
NSNO? School of Soccer Science? Everton's the team that plays beautiful football.
He needs to go.

You’re right but there are times when we did just punt it long before Dyche, mainly when big Dunc was here under Royle, Smith etc.

Got fed up of Unsworth just punting it long to Dunc , was monotonous

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back