2024/25 Sean Dyche

That's your opinion, in my opinion, which is just as valid as yours, there was little to choose between the teams in the first half.
This. We started slow as the new lads and other players who’ve hardly played (another issue caused by the manager) got themselves going, didn’t inspire much first half.

Much better second half as our class told, and we carried that performance in into the Bournemouth game.

Good for 80 odd minutes, two of the new lads were brilliant, we score two good goals but then no action from our manager for the tiring legs or reaction to what the opponents manager did, apart from screaming his head off at the players and sniffing it, and we get done.

Players are cowards, especially the experienced ones, but the manager was the biggest issue.

That's not right at all , most of the service Duncan got was from wingers getting to the byline and crossing it.( something we just do not do atm )

Btw most teams played long balls in those days. It was very rarely played out from the back that is common nowadays.

View attachment 271805
We are comfortably the worst team for it.
I wonder why some team doesn’t innovate and try and play full-on Jack Charlton style football. Annoying thing about the game now is everybody tries to play the same way.

“So the plan stays the same from that point of view. But there's no lack of effort. There's no lack of fitness and effort. That's a lack of doing the basics.

"That’s a lack of delivering the final moments of truth. Head it, kick it, turn them, run hard. That's the absolute basics. And that's very, very frustrating for me to not see that in a team that have played so well for 87 minutes.” - Dyche

Really starting to despise the man

How about 'sub it' Sean?
Really frustrating to see a manager that can't do the basics

We hit the post in the first half and a deflected shot go narrowly over the bar. We weren't awful. We were fine. Aside from the one Pickford save, Doncaster did barely anything to trouble us in the first half.

ok mate, trying to find incidents to justify your stance following an awful first half performance against a league 2 side

Whatever floats ye boat

That's your opinion, in my opinion, which is just as valid as yours, there was little to choose between the teams in the first half.
ok mate, trying to find incidents to justify your stance following an awful first half performance against a league 2 side

Whatever floats ye boat

I just don't see the point in going into ridiculous hyperbole for a first half which was fine. Nothing majorly bad and nothing majorly good. The second half then capped off a solid professional performance against a lower league side. Nothing more, nothing less.

What happened on the weekend is a case of something being awful, not the first half against Doncaster.

He needs a pay rise considering he’s fooled the football world into believing he’s some sort of messiah for keeping little old Everton up, and making people believe he’s the only man that can do it and it’s bollocks. Saturday showed our players have more to them, he just limits to the way we play. Biggest fraud in the league.

“So the plan stays the same from that point of view. But there's no lack of effort. There's no lack of fitness and effort. That's a lack of doing the basics.

"That’s a lack of delivering the final moments of truth. Head it, kick it, turn them, run hard. That's the absolute basics. And that's very, very frustrating for me to not see that in a team that have played so well for 87 minutes.” - Dyche

Really starting to despise the man

How about 'sub it' Sean?
Really frustrating to see a manager that can't do the basics
Most basic thing a manager can do to influence a game is make subs. He’s even admitted he knew what would happen before it did. And then chose to do nothing.

I just don't see the point in going into ridiculous hyperbole for a first half which was fine. Nothing majorly bad and nothing majorly good. The second half then capped off a solid professional performance against a lower league side. Nothing more, nothing less.

What happened on the weekend is a case of something being awful, not the first half against Doncaster.
Do you know what hyperbole means mate?

Would have finished 12th last year. But rather then aim to improve, our aim is to just finish 17th? Makes no sense.
You have nailed this. The expectation level is set so freaking low, people are happy to accept a 17th place survival rather than progress on last season, which in reality, we should be doing based on the point deduction factor last season and our new signings this Summer.

Some are blinded to this fact that we would have been 12th last season etc etc

Dyche has set us up this season to survive and only survive. Of course that is a priority but if that is the level of achievement we crave then frankly its time to jack it in.

I want the best for Everton and in tandem with that, us as fans.

Dyche is far removed form anywhere near what and where we should be.

That's not right at all , most of the service Duncan got was from wingers getting to the byline and crossing it.( something we just do not do atm )

Btw most teams played long balls in those days. It was very rarely played out from the back that is common nowadays.

View attachment 271805
We are comfortably the worst team for it.

How isn’t it right? I saw the games, I constantly watched Unsworth punt it long. I’m not saying he didn’t receive service from the wings, remember his hat trick against Bolton? Superb or that one season we had Limpar and Andrei on the wings? I enjoyed that far more.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back