2024/25 Sean Dyche

He doesn’t believe subs are effective. And it ultimately makes no difference what the other team does tactically or how many subs they make.

If the team is operating in the manner that I think is right, other than fatigue or injury of course, then I don’t tinker too much. My stats and the facts on that have paid me back. I believe in a way of working and unless someone is particularly off-colour, or there might be an injury reason, or just a fatigue reason, I often leave the side alone if I think it is operating in the right way”

This is a quote from him last August when we also started crap;
I could have taken the whole team off at half time”
yet at half time, he made 1 sub.
The clown is mentioning fatigue in that quote but then completely ignores our midfield breathing out there asses for the final 20 mins or so, and our captain who’s just returned from injury getting his arse handed to him by the nippy wingers the opposition manager has thrown on, with our own quick young rb sat getting splinters.

How can the team have been operating the right way when they completely stop doing what they did previously - why didn’t he react?

Getting more and more fed up of the fraud as the days go by.

I thought I would be past it now but it’s doing my head in that an experienced football manager on £6 million a year can see/smell/taste it all going titsup on the field, but actually do sod all about it, and in particular not use a sub just to break it up.

If he doesn’t want to use a sub, he couldn’t even get basic instructions out to slow us down, stop attacking so much or for a player to feign injury and buy us time/breathing space, he’s just screaming nonsense at them, it’s criminal.

His post match comments made it 100 times worse, absolving himself of any blame and lashing the every single player, including the ones who did well, under the bus.

I’ve had enough of the fraud, he has to go.

The reality of the situation is fairly simple and it’s one which makes it more bewildering why so many are splitting their spleen over him.

Most likely we get taken over some point this season and his contract won’t be renewed at the end of the season

We can’t afford to change manager in the mean time under Moshiri UNLESS we look likely to be relegated, in which case the cost of firing him is less than the loss from relegation

No one decent is going to take a job knowing a new owner could turf them out in 6 months and their contract with Moshiri is worthless.

If he’s as bad as people think he is, he’ll be fired soon

If he keeps us in the league, he’s more than likely going at the end of the season

I’ll say thankyou for keeping the club in the league at a perilous moment in history and delivering us to a new stadium and a new owner

Some people are acting as though he’s eaten their children though. 2 and a half seasons for a turnaround job isn’t the most offensive thing in the history of the human race.

Some of you really really need to unclench your pearls as I hate to break it to you but seeing as 6 managers failed prior to Dyche the likelihood of the next one immediately taking this club to football hipster nirvana is very slim.

You can smell the panic and fear. We're always close to a crisis because we all fear relegation - whether people like to admit it or not.

The bold there - I figure that's what causes the splitting of spleens. Evidently, people think he's the main person responsible and with him, we're more likely to be relegated.

My own view as I've long shared is that this team will be in a relegation fight no matter the manager. A lack of goals and pace dictates it - as it has for years now.

The club feels paralysed given uncertainty off the field.

It's all about results though, and I'd expect less than 3 points from the next 3 and he's gone.

The clown is mentioning fatigue in that quote but then completely ignores our midfield breathing out there asses for the final 20 mins or so, and our captain who’s just returned from injury getting his arse handed to him by the nippy wingers the opposition manager has thrown on, with our own quick young rb sat getting splinters.

How can the team have been operating the right way when they completely stop doing what they did previously - why didn’t he react?

Getting more and more fed up of the fraud as the days go by.

I thought I would be past it now but it’s doing my head in that an experienced football manager on £6 million a year can see/smell/taste it all going titsup on the field, but actually do sod all about it, and in particular not use a sub just to break it up.

If he doesn’t want to use a sub, he couldn’t even get basic instructions out to slow us down, stop attacking so much or for a player to feign injury and buy us time/breathing space, he’s just screaming nonsense at them, it’s criminal.

His post match comments made it 100 times worse, absolving himself of any blame and lashing the every single player, including the ones who did well, under the bus.

I’ve had enough of the fraud, he has to go.
The very, very least you expect from Dyche is to be streetwise and that was the total opposite. If you’re putting up with all the negatives of Dyche and not even getting the supposed upside, what’s the point?

Did they fail? Previous 2....yes. Not the previous 6 though.

View attachment 271879

I get what you are saying 100%, i mentioned the new owner thing in a previous post (a new owner might want his own man, and sacking our replacement for Dyche to do that doesn't sound to appealing),

We are still aloud to complain about him though?

Probably against their individual objectives. I don’t include Moyes in that.

Martinez had us bottom half with Stones Barkley Mirallas Lukaku

Koeman had us in a relegation scrap after spending Moshiri’s millions

Silva similar (although harshly fired in my opinion)

I’m not sure 10th would have been the expectation after the club shelled out on Ancelotti and James Allan Docuoure Godfrey in one window.

What’s the expectation for any new manager? It’s dictated by squad quality surely? I believe the squad Dyche picked up was one of the worst in the league, I think its improved now to lower mid table, but unless there’s a sudden injection of quality the new manager would probably pick up the 13th-15th best squad in the league. Everton fans won’t accept that league position though so any new manager is immediately in a bind unless they massively over perform.

I’m not sure 10th would have been the expectation after the club shelled out on Ancelotti and James Allan Docuoure Godfrey in one window.

What’s the expectation for any new manager? It’s dictated by squad quality surely? I believe the squad Dyche picked up was one of the worst in the league, I think its improved now to lower mid table, but unless there’s a sudden injection of quality the new manager would probably pick up the 13th-15th best squad in the league. Everton fans won’t accept that league position though so any new manager is immediately in a bind unless they massively over perform.

There's no probably about it - they definitely all failed.

People might long for that based on the last 3 years but we were in a totally different place as a club back then.

All pretty valid points, and unlike others, put across as your opinion and not making it sound like fact.

I think our squad of players when Dyche took over could/should do better, but again, that's my opinion.

I don't subscribe to the whole 'this club has been in a relegation fight for 3 years, what do you expect' narrative he likes to spout to protect his brand though. We have a squad capable of 10th-13th in this league (higher if we got lucky) and the constant lowering of the bar can be damaging for everyone involved.

Lesser managers have progressed teams/clubs with less resources/time.

He not going anywhere at the moment so we may as well support him and the players. It's a long season.
I will definitely support the players but Dyche can go and do one. His performance and blame dodging so far this season has been abysmal and he has completely lost any remnants of support i had remaining after keeping us up last season which wasn't much to begin with tbh after that 14 or 15 game win less run.

Doesn't deserve to manage Everton.

I’m just really not sure the club can afford to sack him, or certainly his arrogant / complacent words and attitude suggest he thinks the club can’t afford to sack him.
But don't you think the longer Moshiri leaves it and more and more loses happen the less money he will get for the club. If I was Moshiri I would sell as soon as possible.

He not going anywhere at the moment so we may as well support him and the players. It's a long season.
The whole stadium were behind the players on Saturday right until the end, and if they carry on trying to play like that with that effort, they won’t have anything to worry about.

As for the manager, don’t care - I’d have bulleted him after Saturday if I’m honest.

Whatever happens this season - stay up or go down, hoping we have enough to stay up comfortably - he has to go, don’t want the ginger skid mark anywhere near BMD.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back