2024/25 Sean Dyche

Can someone find me a prior incident of a top level football manager being placed on gardening leave while hiring a new manager, please?

And after that search returns zero results can we add any such suggestion to the swear filter please?
Oh and the might Steve Bruce back in 2001

I really cannot understand the mentality that says Sean Dyche should not be dismissed now. We are bottom of the league, we haven’t any points, we have a goal difference of -8 and we have just thrown away a game which we were winning 2-0 in the 87th minute.
To give him more time to see if he can improve is a nonsense, anyone could improve on that. If that is the high bar to which we aspire then maybe those in control should keep the manager but change the motto as it appears the two are mutually exclusive.

Its fairly simple, perceive a weighing scales in your minds eye, on one side put three games lost with 105 points still to play for, on the other put two seasons first a hopeless cause, dead and buried in January with Demari Gray up front the second battered by the establishment - 8 points on a team who scraped survival the year before - two successful missions. Its illogical to me why you would move him on - it makes no sense and only destabilises and harms the club.

Loyalty and appreciation are rare commodity these days.

Eating cake is soon forgotten.

Last edited:
Its fairly simple, perceive a weighing scales in your minds eye, on one side put three games lost with 105 points still to play for, on the other put two seasons first a hopeless cause with Demari Gray up front the second battered by the establishment - 8 points on a team who scraped survival the year before - two successful missions. Its illogical to me why you would move him on - it makes no sense and only destabilises and harms the club.

Loyalty and appreciation are rare commodity these days.

Eating cake is soon forgotten.
It ii not illogical if you hold the view that the successful missions were achieved despite rather than because of his input.

Not if we go up and you come down, even if we go up and you stay up I doubt he would leave, he got a new Chairman now working alongside him.
Lots of ifs buts and maybes there
But if we stay up, the chance To manage a big club on a re-set , new owners, new sporting team, going into a magnificent stadium, bigger salary, I doubt he turns that opportunity down

Whose said that - he said he was culpable in the post game press conference as opposed to his TV comments that he had to take responsibility for the result and he said so do the players.

He right to - what happened against Bournemouth is a collective responsibility.
Ha ha, a token gesture at the end of the interview having spent the majority of it blaming the players. It’s was the fans fault v Brighton. Once you start blaming the players and fans, it’s over

Wasn’t Lampard effectively on gardening leave at Chelsea? I’m sure there were reports when we signed him saying he could only take a job after a certain date

Not sure mate, it's Chelsea though so I'd be shocked if he wasn't just given the bullet. Maybe that was a story peddled around the club as no one likes to see a club legend and nice guy taken down and that.

Ha ha, a token gesture at the end of the interview having spent the majority of it blaming the players. It’s wax the fans fault v Brighton. Once you start blaming the players and fans, it’s over

So we believe some of the stuff he says and blame him for it and dont believe some of the other stuff he says as we cant blame him for it - two posts up you said he gets credit for a win and not his fault when he looses. You are doing the exact same selective thing here.

I didn't hear him blaming the fans for conceding three against Bournemouth?

What your writing doesn't make any sense.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back