2024/25 Sean Dyche

Agree he should be hanging by a thread but even ignoringMosh’s dithering, he cannot practically be replaced.

Textor can’t install his type of manager next Monday because he has zero governance over the club, and still owns almost half of a rival team. And Kev can’t install a grim firefighter manager next Monday because said manager has just been told he will be replaced on the 1st December. That will be in the back of any potential new managers mind - “The new owner has made it clear job number 1 is to sit down and decide whether to bin me off.”

It’s a mess entirely of our own making. Again.

Practical alternative would be to bin Dyche, caretaker for however many months until Textor is in, then appoint. But we have too few points to just give it to Baines for a bit.

The practical alternative would be Moyes as a caretaker until the end of the season ( sadly it`s the least worse option )

Whether Moyes would agree to that or would want a contract similar to Allardyce`s, where he wangled an 18mth contract, even though he knew there was no way he was ever going to see it through.

The practical alternative would be Moyes as a caretaker until the end of the season ( sadly it`s the least worse option )

Whether Moyes would agree to that or would want a contract similar to Allardyce`s, where he wangled an 18mth contract, even though he knew there was no way he was ever going to see it through.
I've always thought that Moyes would make a fantastic DoF , he can certainly spot a footballer.

Perhaps JT offers him a role as caretaker until the end of the season and then head of recruitment for Eagle football group?

I've always thought that Moyes would make a fantastic DoF , he can certainly spot a footballer.

Perhaps JT offers him a role as caretaker until the end of the season and then head of recruitment for Eagle football group?
I think him and Kev could work together well, at least in the 10y here he had a good eye for cheap transfers that can become important.

Kev does a good job with the budget and did so at Wolves, certainly learned good things at Red Bull about young players.

We were 16th on net spend during Moyes times, behind teams like QPR, Stoke or Hull that spent a fraction of Everton in the league.

I think him and Kev could work together well, at least in the 10y here he had a good eye for cheap transfers that can become important.

Kev does a good job with the budget and did so at Wolves, certainly learned good things at Red Bull about young players.

We were 16th on net spend during Moyes times, behind teams like QPR, Stoke or Hull that spent a fraction of Everton in the league.

The net spend figures for the last few seasons have us bottom of the league one of the only clubs in profit.

Until that changes we are expecting any manager we have to significantly outperform their rivals. Their rivals are spending money improving their squads, our managers are selling their best players to fund lesser acquisitions coming in. That only goes in one direction. Thelwell/Dyche have done a decent job in improving the squad in these limitations but it only goes so far. If we’re selling our top players to Spurs Villa and Newcastle we’re not going to be catching these teams never mind the City and Arsenals off this world.

Not a Moyes fan by any means .
Always been utterly opposed to his return .
But ,
He is without any doubt a far , far. superior manager to the current incumbent.
He would also be able to step in without causing instability with regard to playing ‘style’.
He would be a popular choice amongst the majority of supporters.
He is available and I’m fairly certain he would be eager to return ( and earn £5m per annum in the process).
I doubt he would accept a short term contract , but that would be the price we would have to pay to install a measure of competence at the helm .
I’d still prefer we were more ambitious and forward looking in our next managerial appointment.
But at this point beggars may not be able to be choosers.

The net spend figures for the last few seasons have us bottom of the league one of the only clubs in profit.

Until that changes we are expecting any manager we have to significantly outperform their rivals. Their rivals are spending money improving their squads, our managers are selling their best players to fund lesser acquisitions coming in. That only goes in one direction. Thelwell/Dyche have done a decent job in improving the squad in these limitations but it only goes so far. If we’re selling our top players to Spurs Villa and Newcastle we’re not going to be catching these teams never mind the City and Arsenals off this world.

Yep it is. Villa, Newcastle or West Ham should be our direct competitors, not Palace, Fulham, Forest or Bournemouth now. Quite frustrating that.

As much as i don't want Moyes back, i would definitely prefer to have him managing us till the end of the season than this clown. No longer than that though. He isn't the way forward but at least he would organise us properly and try and make goodison a tough place to come again for its final ever season. We are terrible wherever we play with this blame dodging excuse making idiot.

I agree but I don't think we will be "ok"

Same squad as last season minus Onana but more options in positions.

Horrid start but we'll have enough to stay in the league. Which regardless of who's in charge is the priority.

Dyche's contract is up. Hopefully new owners and a new stadium. Not having the wolves (the PL) at the door. New Everton.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back