2024/25 Sean Dyche

Sean Dyche guarantees relegation battles. He doesn't have the mentality to win enough games to move a club forward.

He took Burnley and turned them from a lower league side to a side qualifying for Europe.

He needs backing in January. He needed that in the summer but TFG messed us about rather than committing to a takeover/investment.

Matt Stead has pretty much nailed what are motto should actually be.

‘Every club’s support is guilty of thinking their own side are uniquely idiotic or especially prone to avoidable and self-inflicted disaster but the difference with Everton fans here is that Everton fans are right.’

I hope that’s the case. If it’s as far down the line as Textor thinks that’s got to happen.
Presumably though he could be in hot water with our friend Masters if he was found to be influencing decisions while still retaining an interest in Palace? Suspect in part that was what the statement was about from the club. Not wanting to invite accusations he was already running the place.

do your bit blues

IMG_3329.webp

I think we took at calculated gamble at full back in the summer left and right and its backfired horribly, when I look at a lot of the goals we’ve conceded or where the danger has come from so far it’s from full back. Youngs suspension, Coleman’s injury, Patterson out, Myko clearly playing with something - it’s being targeted by the opposition - what do you do - we don’t have the players.

We had Harrison at full back for most of today.

It leads to frequency of pressure on the centre half and at this level you hold out for so long when it’s too easy to get inside, Branthwaite not there compounds it.
I think dyche plays that way from what ive seen since hes been here. Our fullbacks are always narrow. He defends the ball into the box. Replace keane with branthwaite and it works as you say. We attack the cross. Our defensive record last season speaks for itself and proves that. Theres a reason why centre forwards pull onto keane. They know our weakness when he plays.

Its an issue but for me there's a wider issue of the team as a whole.

Its fragile and weak. It doesn't even look like a "Dyche" side.

I didn't expect anything from the game today. But at 2 goals to the good we didn't even look like a side who could defend it.

That's worrying

I agree said it at 2-0 up we were never in control of the game and to be honest our goals came against the run of play.

I’ll share an impopular opinion, I’m a big Tim fan, but the game today and Vs Spurs wasn’t for him, felt both passed him by and he struggled to impact at the very least he needed support. I’d have had an extra body in midfield today, probably at McNeills expense, we never had control of the game and our midfield was part of that.

The defence looks like what it is, a back four thrown together on availability, if we have all our defenders fit and playing and we are still conceding 3-0 a game, I’ll be the first in here to criticise.

I am critical of Dyche today on this score, how after loosing last week by not controlling the game, where the players not better able to manage that game, they should have broken momentum, held possession, slowed the tempo - before the first goal. To often we kicked possession back them by going direct - we were getting joy doing it but you have to read the moment in the and and what required. Possession today was too precious to turn possession into 50/50 ball. There collective responsibility in that to - the players should at this level be able to read a game as well.

Last edited:

Don't even know what to say, funny thing is didn't expect anything from the game but to throw a 2 0 lead away again, it's criminal. He's one dimensional!!

Sad truth of it all is though is who comes in if we did sack him? We're stuck on the same old loop!!

Matt Stead has pretty much nailed what are motto should actually be.

‘Every club’s support is guilty of thinking their own side are uniquely idiotic or especially prone to avoidable and self-inflicted disaster but the difference with Everton fans here is that Everton fans are right.’

But it’s our fault remember?

All those gutless away performances for years yet it’s on the average fan who earns a few hundred quid a week to take the responsibility and blame.

“Goodison is toxic.”

What’s the excuse for stinking away from home then?

You cannot habitually surrender the pitch and thereby control of the game and expect to win points even with a 2 goal lead.
You will always lose more than you win with those tactics in my opinion .
Poor tactics delivered by a poor manager.
He has to go .
Before the season slips away from us .

Over the first three games of the season villa have been averaging around 42/43% possession. Down hugely on their last season.

We made them look like vintage peps Barca

He took Burnley and turned them from a lower league side to a side qualifying for Europe.

He needs backing in January. He needed that in the summer but TFG messed us about rather than committing to a takeover/investment.
We could give him a decade and I doubt we'd be above 10th. He's not a good manager. Good managers don't watch a team throw away 2-0 and do NOTHING to change it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back