2024/25 Sean Dyche

1723917065922.png

Averages about 9-10 wins per season (30 points) and a few draws!! That’s relegation fodder

He also has less than a goal a game over 315 games spanning 10 years!

Utter tripe he is

They're very fragile. We had a goal ruled out and it was as if they almost were waiting for the inevitable punishment and to be chasing the game.

See it as an accumulation of not being being able to stand up to adversity, on top - get sucker punched - blow, goal disallowed - blow, penalty disallowed - blow, concede a second through a brain fart - blow, red card - blow and then buckle and heads drop.

They have it in them, they need someone on them all the time.

You could see the difference in someone new to the group in Tim and the rest today, in terms of confidence and bravery. Still work to do on the culture here.

He will be as disappointed with what happened in the second half as anyone, but he’s not going to publicaly throw the players under the bus game 1 of the season.

A manager who sets up to fail, eventually will fail.

By looking to draw every game 0-0 and not concede, he will always flirt with the relegation zone, and ultimately not get the best out of the squad, especially not going forward. It's why he has a 34% win ratio. It's why he averages less than a goal a game scored in his career as a manager.

Not that we should blindly be going gung-ho, but there's no structure to progressing the ball or anything going forward its absolutely terrible.

His tactics, if we can call them that, are about 20 years out dated.

It's why I actually feel sorry for our forward players, I think they'd do better in better tactical set ups.
He’s one of these managers who thinks defence needs to be coached/drilled but attack, patters of play, goals are for the forward players to work out themselves. Seems perplexed when he puts all the emphasis on containing the other team and being solid that the forward players don’t just magically score a bucket load. Would be a delight to be a defender on a Dyche team, compact, never exposed, flip side, would miserable team to play in as a forward.

He’s one of these managers who thinks defence needs to be coached/drilled but attack, patters of play, goals are for the forward players to work out themselves. Seems perplexed when he puts all the emphasis on containing the other team and being solid that the forward players don’t just magically score a bucket load. Would be a delight to be a defender on a Dyche team, compact, never exposed, flip side, would miserable team to play in as a forward.
For me, people say Dyche has improved Mykolenko, perhaps he has to some extent, but the main factor realistically is that he has McNeill in-front of him, doing a lot of his work. Same for whoever the right back is, Harrison covering whoever the RB is.

It's the little small remarks and digs that annoy me

Like saying he's managed 10 years in this league.

Well that makes today all the more embarrassing. Everyone of us knew that team selection was pathetic.

And the fans were just right to leave early. When he brought on Holgate for Harrison it was clear he'd given up. So why should the fans continue to back him at that point.

I just find his style and methods dreadful to watch. Football is meant to be enjoyable and bring hope, but Everton under Dyche just brings a mixture of boredom and frustration.
The bolded comments are why I can't stand him. Yes, he's got 10 years experience of not scoring any goals and mainly losing matches. So what. The lad who managed Brighton against him today had zero experience in the PL and bummed Dyche all the way back to his beloved stone age. I can't stand him. He's a moron.

Utterly out of his depth. Anyone who watched Everton last season could tell you that micheal keane, Doucoure, Ashley young et al are completely useless at this level. He continues to play them. Absolutely embarrassing to lose to Brighton and Hove Albion like that at home. Sadly, we are stuck with this clueless idiot for the foreseeable.

For me, people say Dyche has improved Mykolenko, perhaps he has to some extent, but the main factor realistically is that he has McNeill in-front of him, doing a lot of his work. Same for whoever the right back is, Harrison covering whoever the RB is.
Bang on mate. It’s not the main factor, it’s THE factor. I’m a centre back, I’d love to play in a Dyche team, he makes it easy. Our fullbacks are so protected now compared to when they had Iwobi and Gray - he demands McNeil and Harrison protect the fullback 100% - he doesn’t demand the same going the other way. Our wingers are easy to defend against because our fullbacks rarely overlap or cross the half way line.

The bolded comments are why I can't stand him. Yes, he's got 10 years experience of not scoring any goals and mainly losing matches. So what. The lad who managed Brighton against him today had zero experience in the PL and bummed Dyche all the way back to his beloved stone age. I can't stand him. He's a moron.

Not against Dyche. But I agree with this.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back