2024/25 Sean Dyche

I think any who were supportive of him, have reached the end of their patience.

It’s one thing having a run of bad results (a la Marco Silva) and another seeing the utter rubbish last night. There are no redeeming features of his management style that anyone can defend.

As a former supporter of his, he has to go. I have only ever said this about 1 incumbent manager (Allardyce) in my 60+ years of supporting Everton - and for the record I boycotted the club whilst Allardyce was manager.
There is just no game plan. I think it was Michael Brown who did the co-comms last night and at one point he said when the CB get the ball what is it they are looking to do? A few times when Lindstrom went forward he then had to turn back on himself and then lost it because there were no options on. The team shape is rotten.

Where are all the Dyche supporters ?

Your thoughts on the latest debacle would be very much appreciated.

I wouldn't call myself a supporter, let's say I'm a Dyche accepter! 🙃

I haven't been able to see last two games, but my view is still that he will ultimately get enough points to keep us up and that I don't care about how crap we play or these depressing losing runs. Nothings changing until we have new owners, just keep us in the league.

I'd expect we get 4 PTS minimum from the next 3 games and we will be on our way. Most seasons he seems to be a guarantee of keeping you up given his average PPG. He was capable of some real lows last season, but also some decent mid table type performances and a couple of very good games, so I don't yet see this run as anything different than that. I reckon they see it as simple as that.

This run continues over next 3 or 4 games OR the crowd absolutely loses it, then I'd say he is done for and I'll be dreading whatever their next move will be. Neil Warnock's cat or something.

Seems to have made a mess of the summer (in combo with Thelwell) - I wouldn't be giving him another one - which begs the question - what to do this season ?.

Previously thought he'd earned this season - then I gave him until xmas - now I'm not sure he should last beyond Leicester if its a poor performance.

Ultimately we have to find a better manager that we can afford and is willing to come in.

I think a stronger club boots him personally. I understand the massive financial implications of doing so, and who would even foot the bill now, but toxicity levels are reaching Benitez.
Just saying 'a stronger club' reduces the matter and doesn't provide any context.

Think about it. Everton are in their last season before Bramley Moore, and have a huge history of sacking managers, and a recent history of relegation battles. Of course they don't want to pull the plug on this with so much in the balance. They're hoping it can come good.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back