2024/25 Sean Dyche

Perhaps I'm just more realistic about where we are as a club and our limitations whereas some loonies on here were talking about a European push.

Perhaps also I don't pump worth into things like possession stats when they're absolutely redundant without context and analysing the wider spectrum of the game.
The only time I've heard pushing for European football mentioned this year was by Dyche. And that was as a deflection tactics after a terrible result.

You are right that possession isn't that important. But it does start to become a big issue when you have three times less of the ball than a newly promoted side.

Ultimately only results matter and they are nowhere near good enough

Having possession, or the ability to play possession football is crucial in the modern game 2 facts about possession
1 the other team can't score
2 it can benefit a team that goes 2-0 up as it kills the momentum of the other team. (They have to chase the ball and easily get frustrated and lose moral)

We can't keep possession as we don't practice it, Any Dyche team have never been good at it, even Sligo & Salford had more than us in pre season.

That last night v the worst team in the prem, or as we were all hoping them to be but now realise that its us 🙄
Having 75% possession is embarrassing and a joke.

This man and his backroom staff need booting out of the club.

He will never and I mean never get another premier league job, as he is simply not good enough the game has moved on from kick and rush

Interestingly, some of the same people who are banging on about possession want Dyche to be replaced by Moyes, whose West Ham side were only slightly better over the course of the season in terms of average possession.

It's almost as if football isn't as black and white as just looking at one stat.

Perhaps I'm just more realistic about where we are as a club and our limitations whereas some loonies on here were talking about a European push.

Perhaps also I don't pump worth into things like possession stats when they're absolutely redundant without context and analysing the wider spectrum of the game.
Ok let’s forget possession. What do you think about the 5 wins in 30
Games?

You best tell all those professional athlete across the world not to expect anything if they’re up against someone better

May as well just throw the towel in and not compete

Well done mate, you’ll go far in life
You seem to think trying, thinking you're capable of, or wanting to win is the same as expecting to win. It isn't.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back