2024/25 Sean Dyche

Just had a look at his post match interview with the press again there. Basically confirmed he’ll be shoe-horning someone into right back rather than give one of the impressive young lads ago. Fella is a joke, and “premier league experience” is a myth. Save us Moyes!!!

Nobody is saying Dyche is a living god, just that people should have a bit of perspective given what we've seen over the past few years. A win at home today would've made it 6 home wins on the bounce for the first time since 2019. People are acting like we lost the 5 at home at the end of last season.
I don’t think it’s that mate.

It’s the Groundhog Day effect in play here - I genuinely thought we wouldn’t see Keane starting, with a new 17mil cb young sat on the bench whilst Branners is injured.

I thought we would see more of the new lads starting today, but dyche reverted to his safe mode, and look what happened.

Young i get because of the injuries, the rest is all on him.

Holgate coming on was I just don’t know, his two fingers to the fans?

It’s like he has short term memory loss.

He’s still got credit for how we finished last season considering all that was going on, but he needs to change quicker than last season for sure.

One game in and already having a little pop at the fans. Never a good sign and often means the start of the end. Nothing to do with the terrible team selection and tactics mind. I mean who on gods earth spends about 50 million on decent players, then leaves most of them on the bench and starts Keane and Young and then brings on Holgate at 2 - 0 down. Going to be over sooner than later at this rate.

Just had a look at his post match interview with the press again there. Basically confirmed he’ll be shoe-horning someone into right back rather than give one of the impressive young lads ago. Fella is a joke, and “premier league experience” is a myth. Save us Moyes!!!
We only have experience of failure in our team

Ashley Young only misses 1 game, even less positives…
I've long held the view that Dyche lacks something - he wears blinkers - lacks vision - I just do not understand why he cannot say to himself I need to make sure we do not lose today and put the strongest midfield/defensive combo out there with a clear plan. Young should not be a first choice for a start and neither should Holgate. EFC lack leadership at the very top and Dyche should have gone at the end of last season bringing in new blood. Accepting mediocrity has to stop.

As many have said in here a number of times, teams, and players can perform poorly in any given match, what the frustrating thing today was the reoccurring problem of him picking certain personnel for the same reoccurring reasons and then he pretty much states, it is because of experience. The team were set up to fail, most could see that, obviously he couldn’t.

Unless a dramatic change occurs to his philosophy and outlook on football, I highly doubt he will be here next year. His only saving grace may be the continued void within the executive of the club, as long as results are keeping our heads above water. So bloody frustrating.

Lindstrom for harrison??

Or

Holgate for Harrison..

redfox9-sean-dyche.gif

I don’t think it’s that mate.

It’s the Groundhog Day effect in play here - I genuinely thought we wouldn’t see Keane starting, with a new 17mil cb young sat on the bench whilst Branners is injured.

I thought we would see more of the new lads starting today, but dyche reverted to his safe mode, and look what happened.

Young i get because of the injuries, the rest is all on him.

Holgate coming on was I just don’t know, his two fingers to the fans?

It’s like he has short term memory loss.

He’s still got credit for how we finished last season considering all that was going on, but he needs to change quicker than last season for sure.
Keane started today because Dyche clearly fancied him with those cross balls to Harrison, which tbf to him, he was great at all game.

The collapse came because of a classic Everton wilting which has been happening for seasons now that we managed to potentially get rid of but reared it's head again today.

We played decent in opening stages, press was working, Brighton looked shocking and couldn't keep the ball in play, we missed a fluff of a few decent oppertunites, and then, Brighton score their first chance. Heads drop. Half time, come out firing again and once we don't get the penalty we wanted, heads drop again and goodison gets more antsy. That rattles them, they become more erratic, and give the ball away easy for the second.

I'm Irish and I've seen Jake O Brien play a bit, he's decent but he's not near Branthwaite level. Michael Keane would walk into the Irish team unfortunately.

No plan B, C, or D....you would think that teams have plans for players being sent off but our lads passing a piece of paper around today after Youngs sending off baffled me. Even if we had stayed with the full 11 , I couldn't see us getting 1 let alone 2 goals back 😞

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back