2024/25 Sean Dyche

He can't find us a right back wouldn't hold your breath on him finding a manager
It wouldn’t be her to find a manager who would have handled today a bit better. 90% of the fanbase would have started Ndiaye over Doucoure and Lindstrom over McNeil or Harrison and in retrospect that would have been exactly the right thing to do. Dyche’s post match comments about fans leaving have done him absolutely no favours. He should have just held his hands up and said he got the team selection wrong. He’s already admitted he won’t give Dixon a game next week. He would have been no worse than Young was if he had been given a chance today.

Always had Dyche’s back but that starting line up has killed it for me. Reminded me of Southgate and England.
As soon as I seen that team I knew 13/10 was a great price for Brighton to win.
The Keane thing is not as bad as I can sort of understand the logic in it, but the inclusion of Young and the exclusion of Lindstrom and Ndiaye made absolutely no sense. Why play in pre season if you’re gonna exclude them once the season starts.
No way back for me now and the sooner he goes the better.

One game in and already having a little pop at the fans. Never a good sign and often means the start of the end. Nothing to do with the terrible team selection and tactics mind. I mean who on gods earth spends about 50 million on decent players, then leaves most of them on the bench and starts Keane and Young and then brings on Holgate at 2 - 0 down. Going to be over sooner than later at this rate.

You just know that if garner was available then Tim wouldn’t have started… dyche “tactics” and I’m using that term loosely, are none existent and belong in the 1980’s.

It’s not though. Like any football manager he needs to be improving the club season after season. That means phasing out Young etc and bringing in long term players.

The race to just survive every year is the race to eventually run out of road and drop.
That's not his job though that's the DOF. The DOF is hamstrung because of decades of financial mismanagement. It is what it is and it will be so until we get competent ownership. The sack Dyche brigade are clueless and I would love to know what their plan would be for a new manager with no money. And who is this amazing manager that will turn it all around singlehandedly...people put to much influence into what a manager can do and forget the masses of stuff that goes on in the background. Everton are a shambles from top to bottom.
In any case I thought some of the new players showed promise, just more work to be done on the clear out of deadwood and solving our lack of being able to score. We should have been 1 up before they scored IMO and it may have then been a different game.

Dyche does deserve credit for keeping us up despite the chaos off the field the last few seasons but he also deserve criticism for how stubborn he is and how he persists with his favourotes regardless of how well they are playing at times, also his tactics are genuinely the most basic going.

So an away pre season would work better. What are you suggesting, sitting on a longhaul flight would have helped fitness?
Not necesarilly I am saying we needed more games against a higher standard of opposition and if that involves a trip beyond Preston so be it. We didn't start well last season either and I think its a factor along with not being able to get more of the team settled earlier due to finances which is not his fault.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back