2024/25 Sean Dyche

GOOD TO WATCH 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Honestly I don't mind it when it goes well early last season I was quite happy with the style of play its not Man City but it was quite fun in an old fashioned way. If we can play like that for a full season i wouldn't mind at all but obviously we were bad to watch for a good chunk in the middle of the season.

We will *ALWAYS* lack width at full back, as it's how Dyche sets up the team.

Patterson, Coleman, Young and Godfrey have played there last year, and all were barely going past the half way line, if ever, or rushing back instantly if they miraculously do. Mykolenko did it a bit early on, scored a few and never crossed the halfway line again as well.

You’re absolutely right of course. We *ALWAYS* lack width at fullback and our full backs barely cross the halfway line before turning around if they by some miracle do. On an unrelated note though I’m wondering if you could tell me who did the following last season?

Assisted Danjuma’s goal v Sheffield United (a)

Who scored the third v Burnley in the cup from inside the box and who is the left back standing behind him also in the box waiting to tap it in after playing in Beto down the line?

Who scored v Brighton at home from inside the box? and then followed it up against Palace away next game? Whose shot then rebounded off the post to Doucoure for the 2nd?

Who assists Beto vs Newcastle with a first time attacking through ball?

When Beto scores v Bournemouth away who is the player who crosses the ball from the left, and as he’s heading it in who is the player who was following in the back post from the right back position in case he missed it?

When Gana scores v Forest, who is the player who crosses the ball from an advanced position on the left flank?

Couldn’t possibly be any of the fullbacks as that would mean you’d just made a wildly inaccurate overexaggerated criticism that isn’t true.

We don’t attack primarily through our fullbacks, and all their end product could be improved absolutely, but trying to make out they don’t cross the halfway line because Dyche is instructing them not to is just utterly ridiculous.

Last season

Brighton home
Fulham home
Palace home
Brighton away
Newcastle away
Luton away

Weren’t these all 1:1? The most common scoreline of last season for us.

Have a hypothetical word with yourself, you poor excuse for a pedant.

Does 6 out of 38 games count as watching a 1-1s? 32 times that season it wasn’t that score line. There’s enough genuine things to criticise without looking for some other niche angle

You’re absolutely right of course. We *ALWAYS* lack width at fullback and our full backs barely cross the halfway line before turning around if they by some miracle do. On an unrelated note though I’m wondering if you could tell me who did the following last season?

Who scored the third v Burnley in the cup from inside the box and who is the left back standing behind him also in the box waiting to tap it in after playing in Beto down the line?

Who scored v Brighton at home from inside the box? and then followed it up against Palace away next game? Whose shot then rebounded off the post to Doucoure for the 2nd?

When Beto scores v Bournemouth away who is the player who crosses the ball from the left, and as he’s heading it in who is the player who was following in the back post from the right back position in case he missed it?

When Gana scores v Forest, who is the player who crosses the ball from an advanced position on the left flank?

Couldn’t possibly be any of the fullbacks as that would mean you’d just made a wildly inaccurate overexaggerated criticism that isn’t true.

We don’t attack primarily through our fullbacks, and all their end product could be improved absolutely, but trying to make out they don’t cross the halfway line because Dyche is instructing them not to is just utterly ridiculous.

We play very cautious, defensive football regardless.

Does 6 out of 38 games count as watching a 1-1 all the time? 32 times that season it wasn’t that score line. There’s enough genuine things to criticise without making stuff up.

It’s the most occurring scoreline last season. Making stuff up… What are you on about?

But more than the literal scoreline, It was meant as a figurative expression for uninspiring football.

But you decided to tell me it was hypothetical scoreline suggesting it didn’t happen, however it was the most common scoreline for us last year.

So not only it wasn’t hypothetical (happened many times), but also I wasn’t making stuff up - as you’ve tried to suggest.

Cool. So Patterson pulls two assists out of his arse while playing sporadically and not being favored whatsoever by the manager? And neither Godfrey, Coleman or Young managed one? And Myko isn’t even a modern fullback that gets forward so that is to be expected (and the problem most have with him in general).
Yes, exactly, which is why our full backs have the lowest number of assists.

'Patto' won't play as sadly Dyche hates him, is instructed to stay back regardless despite being good at running at people/behind defenders.
Coleman and Young have no legs so are naturally first choice(s) as they have to stay back regardless.
Myko is actually a good defensive and average attacking full back, based on him doing very well for Ukraine and even for us (as mentioned, goals and all), but mysteriously stays back at nearly all times when playing for us.

Oh yeah, 6 times over 50 games absolutely changes the fact we will always play defensive football with the full back's main role being to defend first.

Oh yeah, 6 times over 50 games absolutely changes the fact we will always play defensive football with the full back's main role being to defend first.

6 times that led to goals. There’s all the other times as well that didn’t.

Thankyou for revising your point somewhere back closer to reality though.

Just as an aside, is a defenders main role not to defend first? I wasn’t sure with Pep and Arteta dropping their attacking fullbacks for CBs in the full back areas. Ancelotti did the same at Everton. What do they know though.

Yes, exactly, which is why our full backs have the lowest number of assists.

'Patto' won't play as sadly Dyche hates him, is instructed to stay back regardless despite being good at running at people/behind defenders.
Coleman and Young have no legs so are naturally first choice(s) as they have to stay back regardless.
Myko is actually a good defensive and average attacking full back, based on him doing very well for Ukraine and even for us (as mentioned, goals and all), but mysteriously stays back at nearly all times when playing for us.
I’ll be fair to you in the sense that Dyche is responsible for playing whoever and likely had a hand in keeping Young and Coleman. Unfortunately, I think it is low on the list of his priorities. But if we had competent attacking fullbacks, they would be attacking and getting involved. Even if the “never get forward” has merit, they would still make a big impact. Just having that option would make a big difference.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back