2024/25 Sean Dyche

The only thing I've got an issue with Dyche for yesterday, is the team selection and performance.

If you're offended by that comment, you're in a fantasy land.

The team selection was beyond safe. We started well, quickly faded and the game was done as soon as they'd scored.

How we thought we could go into the season with Ashley Young as starting full back is beyond me?

The selection of Harrison, Doucoure & McNeil is obvious and dated, especially when all 3 finished the season bang out of form.

Bringing on Holgate (which was obviously because he'll play full back in the next 3), was still abhorrent decision.

I'm still a fan of Dyche, it's why I've came into the season relaxed and calm, because I know we'll grind our way to a load of results and comfortably survive, which is what we need as a club right now.

His comments are spot on, by the way, Goodison is a toxic cauldron. As soon as something bad happens the fans are up in arms.

If the games aren't good enough, we leave.

I also don't think it's a negative it's being made out to be. We work hard for our money, to pay to go the game, it's only natural we're allowed to show our lack of appreciation when things are poor.

Can't be an easy environment to work in, the club are starved of success and that's all the fans want, a pot.

Not sure what he expects from us? Pumped at home on opening day and he wants us to clap them off? Deluded if so.

I'll also point out his team selections routinely deflate the crowd before kick off, how often do we feel 'jesus, not again' when we see the team sheet, it plants the seed for the atmosphere to flip on a coin when things predictably go bad.

As for him having a direct pop at the fans in the ground, maybe it's because its the same ones who witnessed us win 3 out of our first 13 at home last season and bomb out the cup to Fulham. And sense it's here we go again.

I just think the frustrations are to be expected given the team selection, the poor performance, and the poor recruitment this summer.

We just want to be better. It's not a lot to ask for, but its not going to happen under this manager.
Even tho we had the second best defence in the league last season and won 5 on the bounce end of last season, beating our neighbours in the process, and comfortably avoiding relegation with two pts deductions? That's not 'being better' to you?

By some if the new players showed promise, do you mean the only new player he played mate? Unless you think Ndiaye showed anything after he was brought on with the game already over and Dyche having thrown in the towel.

Unless I missed Dyche using any of the new lads besides the one he HAD to play as literally we only had two centre mids available
Yes, I understand your point - but I mean pre season aswell. Where I thought new players looked good and have shown promise. The fact he didn't pplay certain players and the reasons for his squad selection are a different point and not the reason i was posting.

The only thing I've got an issue with Dyche for yesterday, is the team selection and performance.

If you're offended by that comment, you're in a fantasy land.

The team selection was beyond safe. We started well, quickly faded and the game was done as soon as they'd scored.

How we thought we could go into the season with Ashley Young as starting full back is beyond me?

The selection of Harrison, Doucoure & McNeil is obvious and dated, especially when all 3 finished the season bang out of form.

Bringing on Holgate (which was obviously because he'll play full back in the next 3), was still abhorrent decision.

I'm still a fan of Dyche, it's why I've came into the season relaxed and calm, because I know we'll grind our way to a load of results and comfortably survive, which is what we need as a club right now.

His comments are spot on, by the way, Goodison is a toxic cauldron. As soon as something bad happens the fans are up in arms.

If the games aren't good enough, we leave.

I also don't think it's a negative it's being made out to be. We work hard for our money, to pay to go the game, it's only natural we're allowed to show our lack of appreciation when things are poor.

Can't be an easy environment to work in, the club are starved of success and that's all the fans want, a pot.

Not sure what he expects from us? Pumped at home on opening day and he wants us to clap them off? Deluded if so.
Agree with everything you say. At the end of the day we have had over 3 seasons of this bottom table, relegation crap and fans are just tired mentality.
Fans pay good money to go the game, if the want to leave, boo, shout whatever it’s the right if you agree with it or not.
I wanted dyche when Lampard went, steady hands even though the football is a hard watch but was needs much. I think we also need him this season, but his team selection and excuses are getting ridiculous. Last season we was limited with options, yet this season we had 3 new signings on the bench and his excuses of prem experience is pathetic to be honest. It’s not like these players are 18-19 they are mid 20s with experience in different leagues, international and European football. Thought Brighton where there for the taking and even though noting is guaranteed, with nydia, lindstrom and O’Brien in the first 11 could have been a different story.

No we don't put too much influence in a manager, a manager is probably the most important facet of a team, Kendall and moyes who both took over a team on its arse showed that in different ways - as did the krout across the park.
Over the park was mainly the Americans. They were finished if they didn't arrive.
If its all the manager - why when kendall came back could he not reproduce the same outcome....would be the same if moyes came back now....I can gaurentee he would be tue same turd and hounded out after a few seasons.
Manager means nothing without stable structure of the club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back